1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin Keeping Offensive Starters In Game Late In Blowouts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelTerp, Jan 8, 2017.

1. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    woah
    you putting Ben down?

2. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Meh... I think one of the least sacked QBs in the league knows how to do the same.

Overreaction
    It's football

3. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012

Not Carr

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Not really. I love his competitive fire. It's just that he sometimes cant help himself. He's a gunslinger pretty much all the time. There are times - like up 18 with 4 minutes to play - when it's best to put away the blazing guns and get out of dodge.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    ok
    cool
    i'm just protecting Blast
    no harm no foul
    most of us know how he gets when there is the slightest slight slid towards Ben
    whew

6. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I have no idea what Ben was doing in the game (late) let alone throwing the ball (vs handing it off) Now he's wearing a boot and doesn't yet know the extent of the injury. I guess we will learn more as the week progresses.

This is the kind of injury that causes me anxiety because I'm not convinced he should have even been in the game at that point. Miami barely lays a finger on him (for nearly) the entirety of the game and now because he was still in there (late) he's (possibly) injured. We need him healthy for KC. I'm just hoping this boot amounts to nothing serious.

7. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    upload_2017-1-8_21-52-42.jpeg

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I was in a great mood until I heard about this boot all of a sudden. I go from depressed to anxious to pissed off repeatedly

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Just watch... On the first drive next week, Ben will take a normal looking hit and limp off the field after a 3rd and long incompletion.. Guaranteed. It always plays out this way.

10. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    clean it up MOD

11. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    take that thing
    and put it in here

12. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    it goes in the
    tomlin starter thread
    BTW:thumbs up:

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not good, did you see Landry last season against the CHiefs? The offense only scored 10 points, and Landry threw 2 ints.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben needs to play smarter, with the lead at that time no need for playground ball throw the ball away early or better yet run the damn ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

None.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben was asked the question...Why was he still out there late in the game when it was clear that the Steelers were going to win and exactly when did the injury occur. Bens reponse was..I wanted to be out there with me guys and the injury occurred on the last play of the game I think Suh landed on me. Ben c'mon man!!! seriously my guys!!! how about come out for the Team!!! This is the playoffs for God's sake no need to get yourself hurt for prides sake!!! Live to play another playoff game plus Suh hurt you last time. Need more overall Team decisions instead of just thinking about your Oline.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Just saw the video where Steelers were walking off after the win. Ben walked with no limp.

I have rolled/sprained/tore my ligaments on my ankle from over the years.

A fresh rolled ankle you can walk with some discomfort. Will be fine in a weak but maybe slightly weaker.

Sprained ankles hurt and fresh after adrenaline wears off, you will have a slight gimp with pain/swelling depending on severity.

Torn ligaments you ain't walking on that foot, I don't care how tough you are.

Seemed good to me!

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/f...pickings-for-steelers-30-12-locker-room-video

18. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I noticed Green Bay did not pull their QB when up by a bunch at the end.

19. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Every game this weekend was well decided by mid 4th qtr.. not one healthy starter was pulled by any head coach. But Tomlin is the only one being bashed for it

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben is the only one who is claiming injury, and I'll bet other fan boards would be blasting their coaches if their QB said they got hurt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree, DUMB.

22. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Seems like Ben only gets "hurt" after he makes stupid plays (like that last interception for example) not after he makes good plays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I read only the 1st page of this thread and couldn't read anymore then came to the last page and saw this. Exactly 3 other games and 3 blowouts and all 3 starting QB's were left in there. I am not one that usually sticks up for Tomlin but no way can he be blamed here. I love Ben and have stuck up for him many times here, heck I even went as far as to say the only QB in the NFL I wouldn't want if I couldn't have Ben was Rodgers. With that said if anyone feels the need to put the blame some place start with why the heck are we throwing the damn ball???? Also Ben why put yourself in that position, throw the damn ball away or go down. You feel the need to throw the ball, here's an idea throw a quick slant like we did in the very beginning of the game when Ben threw 11 in a row.

24. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016

Brady knows no-one is allowed to fart near him or its 15 yards, so he's fine.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    And to sell the drama...

• Agree Agree x 3