1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ladarius Green concussion

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    He's had concussion problems since he's come into the league. I don't think he's afraid to play, maybe to get another concussion. Stinks he could be a stud, but if he can't get on the field we'll never know.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This has nothing to do with what Green wants. The independent doctor didn't clear him.

3. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Bull----. Alls green has to say is he is dizzy and that is what he did cause he does not want to play. He is worthless

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lol

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    :facepalm: Yeah... because it's so brave to tell a doc "I feel great" and then end up with permanent brain damage. No, that's not brave, it's stupid. Some things are more important than a game. Next man up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Love the super tough fans. The shot he took and held onto the ball for a crucial first down would have killed you.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He took a good shot, but as football hits go it looked relatively tame really. I realize that looks can be deceiving, but I am getting concerned about his overall health particularly as it relates to his brain. Not questioning the legitimacy of the injury, I just think he's giving signs that he may be a short-timer.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I remember it being a pretty hard shot.

TTF, can you post a gif of that?

Also Jack, keep in mind, I'm talking about a regular person taking that hit. I certainly hope no one on this board thinks they would have fared any better.

9. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    If they do they're delusional! It just didn't look like a shot that would knock an NFL player out for three weeks unless there are underlying issues. That's my concern.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I have always heard and read that each concussion makes a person more susceptible to another one. And Green has had several concussions already.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree, that shot he took was a typical hard football play and wouldn't knock most NFL players out for this length of time, something I was afraid of and should be concerning to him, the coaches and fans.

12. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    Give me a friggin break. Then dont play football. Retire. Make a decision when your in college, whether you want to play football and be a multi millionaire but you might get your bell rung a few times or go be a friggin accountant. Steve young said he probably has had over 20 concussions since college but that is the life he choose and has zero regrets. Either you play football or move on. I am tired of these pussies

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It was indeed a pretty good shot he took but I do believe there are reasons for concerns here, personally I dont believe he will play out his contract. I want nothing more than to see him in the lineup but not if it risks his health and I believe that the off season will give the young man an opportunity to examine the big picture. The best ability is availability and he and the team have to do whats best for both

14. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Dude, all I am saying with the way things are in the NFL now, it is going to be more difficult for a player with a history of multiple concussions to be cleared in the concussion protocol. The NFL is becoming more cautious with concussions because of all of the recent medical findings and pending lawsuits. Do I want Green to play? Absolutely. Do I think he is Jeremy Stevens soft? You'll have to ask Joey Porter.

15. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Well I'll just say I wouldn't hold it against Green or question his manhood etc if he retired this offseason. Like most have stated the frequency and longer recoveries are definitely a negative sign. I wanted Wes Welker to retire and he wasn't even on our team. Him and his wife are doing brain teasers and luminosity etc to try to exercise his brain. Man, that's some crazy scary stuff right there, I don't care who you are.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    I know but it is just annoying until they figure something out which is gonna be difficult. These players are so fast now and so strong. Do you all realize that Lawrence Taylor would be consider avg speed at linebacker now? They have a thousand geniuses the smartest people in the world trying to come up with something to stop the brain from bouncing around the skull.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    The same goes for auto racing, hockey, MMA etc. Plus add in the fact everyone reacts differently to things. Roberto Duran is not going to react the same as Sidney Crosby or Dale Jr or Dan Henderson or that really hot chick who bartends at Rome's. I lost my train of thought here for some reason....

So yea, the science people will keep pushing for answers, but it's more difficult as fans when the player is on your team and he can be a difference maker.

19. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I hate to say it but if he's missing playoff games from that hit, I think his career is over.

In the past no NFL player would be missing a playoff game becuase they got their bell rung. Once it was decided the NFL had financial responsibility for the players after football the owners scared players about the realities of multiple head injuries. It's kind of funny really. Before the courts made their decision Green would be playing. Now the owners have no room for tough guys. Green is clearly concerned about his mental health. He's got his $, he's not risking his health. I think most other players would lie to dr's and risk their health. Is one decision better than the other? just depends who you ask I guess.

20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Depending on the reference, it can be no ragrets.

21. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    In today's NFL, Lynn Swann would have missed Super Bowl X. I shudder to think about the ramifications of that.

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    For the nice folks who are saying that Green is afraid, or a p****, I'll just point out that the concussion protocol is not based on asking players how they feel or if they're dizzy, etc. It's a more detailed, objective neurological testing program designed to make sure that players don't lie their way back onto the field.

I try to be nice, being a mod and all, but I'm going to flat out say that some of the comments in this thread are ignorant, and show a darker side of fans that's.... well, disgusting to be frank.

• Agree Agree x 6
  23. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Since when are mods nice? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I love how people can diagnose a players medical condition through a television.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Vontaz Burfict anyone?