1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

To Those Who Believe A Loss Is Certain Against Miami, I Have Something To Share.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Jan 2, 2017.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    'Cause they get to play the Bills and Jets twice each?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If the Steelers are so terrible, how did they win 11?

You've been predicting losses week after week, I'd think maybe you'd reaccess your opinion of this team by now.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    After beating us, the rest of their 6 game streak up until the Ravens game was Bills, Jets, Chargers, Rams, 49ers.

They're not a bad team, and to think of them as such would be a mistake. But we are much better, and should be able to carve up their defense.

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Wrong. I picked the Steelers to beat the Bengals, Ravens and Browns. I was right about the Bengals and Ravens, and I got lucky with the Browns. Browns had the game won and pissed it away.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No doubt it was a bad performance on our part, and they played probably their best game of the season. However, reason #1 by far was Ben being injured for the whole 2nd half. So injured that he couldn't take a snap other than out of the shotgun and so injured that he didn't even play until 3 weeks later. That was lethal for our chance to come back in the 2nd half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Took that a bit literal but the point is you aren't giving the team much credit. People can make all the excuses they want but winning 7 games in a row in the NFL is impressive.

They aren't a juggernaut but not nearly as bad as you paint them.

7. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I never said the Steelers were a bad team... they are good, but not great. I don't think this team is built to go on the road in the playoffs and win like the '05 team. The Steelers D has trouble stopping the run and it's eventually gonna catch up to them. The offense is not consistent enough to generate the points needed at Gillette stadium for a Super Bowl berth. That is, if they even get by the Dolphins and Chiefs. It's gonna be an uphill battle, regardless. Steelers need more production from the OLB and DE positions against the run.

Tuitt and Heyward are good DEs, but Steelers need depth behind them. Hargrave is a pleasant surprise and will continue to improve. Injuries have been more of a problem for DEs than talent. The jury is still out on Bud Dupree at OLB... but he's shown some flashes over the past few weeks.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers are more than capable of beating any of those teams. Im more concerned with law of averages. I'd almost prefer if they had lost the Cleveland game. Winning a 11 games in a row is a tremendous feat.

9. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't see the Steelers beating the Patriots at Foxborough, unless Tom Brady has a flat game. It can happen (Jets '10 divisional round for example), but not likely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It's all been predetermined. Depends on which team winning results in more revenue for the nfl.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    your id is fitting after that comment lol have some coke and a smile

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This is the negative stuff people are talking about.
    Read your posts. Almost all your posts have some type of negative aspect to them.

13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

There in lies the problem. Perception is that our defense is giving up too many yards on passing plays via the mythical "Cushion Theory" some fans have.

The reality is that our defense is either in the top 10 or top 15 in virtually every statistic; a farcry from what we were earlier this season.

Seems people are still doing "The flop" after all. :lolol:

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's not 11, it's 4 , new season 1 at a time....

15. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I spent some time looking for the Swann and Stallworth video where they are saying to each other "we have the best offense, the best defense..." Wish I could've found it.

16. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    It's on the 1978 team highlight video.

Skip to the 17:47 mark. (You'll have to go to You Tube to actually watch it, I think.)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What more do we need?

18. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Is that where they talk about "also having the Terrible Towel"?

19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    .....and we got The Terrible Towel.....what more do we need. Priceless

• Like Like x 1
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't think the Steelers are going to play "down" to the Dolphins this Sunday since the Dolphins beat them during the regular season. Tannehill or no Tannehill. Our guys will want retribution.

21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I do read my posts. I'm expressing my opinions, which is what people are supposed to do on message boards. You get pissy because my views don't jive with your blind faith and "rah-rah" optimism.

22. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    ... then it will be a Patriots vs. Cowboys Super Bowl.

23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    More like we pizzed it away in regulation in the 4th quarter with a 21-14 lead........

24. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    For your edification, a coke oven happens to be the first stage in the steel making process. If you were a true Pittsburgh mill hunkie like I am, you'd know that.

Also if your IQ was a lot higher than it is, you'd recognize that post for the sarcastic humor that was its intent.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No. Just pointing out that you almost always have some sort of negative or doomsday opinion.