1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's face it, it's Ben / Tomlin "clunker time".

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steeler guru, Jan 1, 2017.

1. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'd be happy to eat crow but I believe we are 1 and done and will lose to Miami. I watched the majority of defensive starters give up 152 yards to a guy running behind the worst oline in football, Jay Ajayi is going to rush for 280 yards and 5 TDs and Matt Moore will throw for 311 with 2 TDs. Our offense will be behind from the start, Bell won't get many touches as we try to play catch up down by 21 in the 2nd quarter. Final score will be Miami 49 - Pitt 24, and before you beat me up, has anyone watched this defense play the last 3 weeks? Almost lose to the Bungles, made the 24 ranked offense of the Ratbirds look like a top 3 offense, and almost a full starting line up couldn't stop an undrafted running back from torching them while running behind the worst oline in football. Now, I would think maybe they weren't playing hard because it was meaningless but this isn't new, this has been a trend the last 3 weeks, the only difference is the offense was finally able to put some points on the board when it mattered. Bud Dupree, and I'm sorry as this will make some mad, is either still not right or just isn't that good, sorry but I have yet to see him get off a block. His sacks have all come after 5 seconds which constitutes a coverage sack, he is useless on running plays, and he can't cover at all, but I will give him credit as he does seem to disrupt screen plays to his side but other than that I'd say he is no better than JJ, in fact JJ had a much better game against the Browns than Dupree. I really think the draft needs to be D-line, D-line, and Dline in the first 3 rounds as we have no depth behind Heyward and Tuitt and until that gets fixed teams will be able to do what they please against out "top notch" secondary.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Well, by my math. That would equate to 31 teams in the NFL if you include the Streelers. Wow, are the Browns that bad?

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can I please obtain some of what you are smoking?

Can't wait for the Cowboys vs. Patriots? :facepalm:

4. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    so you're saying ..... take the over and give the points right?
    GOT IT.

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    What if I want them broken?

6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Shhhh we are wearing black n yellow glasses

7. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I agree our defense is looking not as stout lately. Meaning good offenses gonna shred it up

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    These threads as of late are so negative that negativity itself is positive; quite a rare feat from today's threads I have not seen since the Dallas debacle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You forgot about the stat of when the steelers get a 2nd shot at a team...how efficient and better they are

10. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015

You mean like the Ravens? You don't want to talk about that, trust me.

Or Tebow led Denver? Don't go there either.

Steelers typically don't do well in revenge games.

11. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015

Hey, it is what it is. We are due for a clunker, and they happen when we are "supposed" to win. Ben is due for a clunker, he has a couple every year, and his playoff performance is usually not good, especially Super Bowls.

13. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I can count gooder now. 1 and anothern, and anotheren, and so on

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I agree. At this point they're grasping at anything to save face with their earlier doomsday predictions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    Ben has had his clunker
    against the ravens
    bengals
    bills

16. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    I'd say his clunkers were Philly, Miami. Or were they team clunkers - i.e. Tomlin clunkers?

17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I would understand this point if the defense did not show any signs of progress.

However... since they did... no need to worry. The Cleveland game did much more than just "rest the starters." Maturation is key for players like Burns, Davis and Hargrave to grow. Add the fact that Shazier and Dupree are coming in hot and Pittsburgh will not fluke a second victory; Ladarius Green possibly coming back icing on the cake.

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The Super Bowl can't get here fast enough.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:this!:

They are entitled to that opinion... even though said opinion does not reflect on the string of wins and maturation of the defense. Even so, this level of negativity is hilarious. :lolol:

20. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    yeah
    but that was way early in the season

i'm talking the last few weeks

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yes it is, but thankfully at this point it's only a handful of fans. Minority numbers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

True. Good laughs are only so good if they are in limited quantities. Saturate the value.. and the humor is no longer good anymore. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  23. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    FACE IT PEOPLE, EVERYBODY IN PITTSBURGH KNOWS THAT TOMLIN ISN'T GOING TO HAVE THESE GUYS READY TO PLAY A GOOD GAME.

WE ARE "SUPPOSED" TO WIN, BEN IS DUE FOR A CLUNKER, AND HE USUALLY PLAYS POORLY AFTER MISSING A WEEK, AND HIS PLAYOFF PERFORMANCES ARE USUALLY WEAK - DENVER, NEW ENGLAND, SUPER BOWLS, ETC.

We strung together 7 wins in a row - its clunker time, and we all know it.

As Joey Porter would put it: "it is what it is".

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    As a Viet Nam Marine Corp veteran myself, allow me to commend you on your math skills.

25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Fixed it for you. ;):rawk:

• Like Like x 3