1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Watch out for the CBJ his year tho!!! I've never gotten to see a season where we are relevant in the playoff discussion, but we actually have a really awesome team this year. Pens are going to be tough to beat tho. Crosby has been the best player in the league this year and you have a lot of high end forwards.

It would be cool to see us play another playoff series against one another, although this time I'd prefer it be in the second round not the first haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. theRealeHarris

theRealeHarris Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    How about that Leafs win/Pens loss last night?! I'll take the win for the boys in Blue&White...even though we'll likely finish bottom 5.

GO STEELERS. GO LEAFS.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Why do they keep swapping goalies

4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens 7 Rangers 2

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Its always good beating any NY team GO PENS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Big game tonight for my CBJ! Bringing the hated Pens to town (we hate you guys, you don't quite hate us like you do Philly yet haha) I think you guys are the best team in the league (and have the best player in Crosby), so a win to take first in the Metro would be huge for the Union Blue. I'm hoping it's as good a game as it's hyped to be. Go Jackets!

7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Wrong, most of us hate you as much or more than you hate us. lol

8. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    With all the Pens fans from Cbus left over from before we were a team I seriously doubt it haha

How tho? We've been irrelevant for all but 3 years in our history! I can see the Hartnell/Dubinsky hate, but as a franchise we haven't earned it yet. Maybe another good playoff series or two (and hopefully a CBJ win) can ignite a true rivalry. It only seems natural

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Fair enough we will wait for a little while before we hate you guys. Good luck tonight.

10. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    ;)

You can still hate us haha I want this to be a rivalry. We need one badly, and the Pens are an easy team to hate.

Maybe tonight's lopsided result will lead to some more animosity. I'd love to see Pitt in the playoffs (not til the second round tho haha)

11. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The whole team came out flat tonight. That happens once in a while. Remember this was 1 regular season game, not that important. The Pens will be waiting for you in the 2nd round if you can get that far. So don't get too excited, the Pens are still the team to beat between these two teams. Congrats on the win tonight.

12. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Long season. I'm just excited that we are actually relevant for a change. I've been a fan since the beginning and it's been a rough road at times haha I knew our two previous playoff runs were going to be one and done. This year's team can win a 7 game series (hoping for the cup but I know it's a loooong shot)

Not saying we're the best team (or better than the Pens) but tonight was really fun and a long time coming. Thanks for the congrats. You guys will get us back later in the season at some point.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    To keep them fresh, you over work on too much and by the playoffs they can be burnt out and heading for a slump. They are also trying to increase Fluery's trade value. Since they can only protect one goalie in the upcoming expansion draft they will try to deal Flower at the deadline and get a good return on the investment. Murray is the future but still has issues to work on like his weak glove hand and his puck handling skills so until then Flower is a great ace in the hole to have but that stupid Las Vegas expansion draft is going to kill us.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens are back on the ice tonight and tomorrow night.

15. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pens won both back to back games and Crosby leads the league in scoring. They are missing 3 of their defenseman and they should be back soon. After that, look out league. Looking at a repeat Stanley Cup winner?

16. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016

They definitely have as good a chance as anybody. The way Crosby, Malkin and Kessel are playing is amazing. Malkin leads the lead in points, Crosby is second and Kessel is tied for 5th. Crosby is the goals leader by a long shot. As of now, he is the MVP of the league.

17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens are rolling again tonight 5-2 over Tampa Bay in the 3rd.

18. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pens won 7-1 last night and seem to have worked out any goalie questions. They are 2 games out of having the best record in the league. Good first half of the season. They need to keep playing as they are now to finish the regular season and then turn it up a notch for the playoffs. There are a couple of teams that will make winning back to back Stanley Cups difficult but I don't see anyone that can stop the repeat.

19. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens beat Boston 5-1. Maybe that sets the stage for the Steelers to win today too.

20. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens just keep winning. They are the best team in hockey right now. There are a lot of similar things between this team and last years team. I see them winning it all again.

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Now that the NHL playoffs are starting - any thoughts on Pens chances of repeating? Having won last year I don't think they will have the hunger to endure what it takes to play this thing out again until June - they're already showing signs of fatigue having been through the entire playoffs this past season. While they certainly have the talent - their goal-tending has not been anywhere as sharp as last year as Murray seems almost human this season. Sid can't do it alone and Kessel isn't half the threat he was last year - it will depend on all the youngsters and if any of them emerge as unsung heroes. First round against the Bluejackets will be challenging right out of the gate.

22. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    See above.
    I have been calling their repeat since before the season started. The goal tending isn't the problem, the amount of injuries to defensive players is. They scored more points this season than any other team. Now that they have a few bodies back the defense should tighter and they have an excellent chance of repeating. I've got 1,000 on them to win it all at 10-1 just like last year.

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'll have my crow with a shot of Jack please. MAF was awesome and Kessel looked like he's all set for another run. Only one game but they got their sea legs in the 2nd period and never looked back. Hoping you are rewarded for your wager

24. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks. It's a long road to get to and win the Cup, but the Pens look good so far. I've set a couple of aggressive targets for the two animal organizations I'm working with this year so starting of with 10k would be great.

25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're a gentleman and a scholar Fan! I have 6 rescued kitties myself. I'm such a softy for baby kittens at the shelter - I'd take every last one of them if I could afford to feed them and had room for more litter boxes. They've all learned not to sit on my lap when I'm watching any Pgh sporting event.