1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers just need to go 2-1 in the next 3 games...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 28, 2016.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    And at the very worst I believe they will be tied with the Ravens going into their game at Heinz Field on Christmas Day. The Ravens next 3 games are Miami at home, at New England, and Philly at home. The Ravens are dropping at least 1 of those games. No way they will win all 3. The Steelers have the Giants at home and then they are at Buffalo and Cincy the next two weeks. So the Steelers clearly have the advantage in the schedule the next 3 weeks. Take care of your own business and the AFC North is yours for the taking.

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    no way we lose to raisins again this year. no way we lose another game this year. no way we do not win the superbowl. no way did i forget to take my meds

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Steelers control their own destiny, win out and they are division champs. Match the Rats in wins and then beat them head to head they are also div champs.

What the cannot do is lose to the Bungles. Should they be tied with the Rats at season's end, having split with them, they'll need to match them in division wins as well.

As for a wildcard, 10-6 may get it done. The AFC west will take itself out of 2 wild cards. That makes the loss to Miami bad. Will need a three way tie with them so perhaps a better conference record will prevail.

4. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    if we beat giants i will feel confident about getting in the postseason. cmon steelers. lack of wr's i think is going to be the downfall

5. Griswald

Griswald Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    All they need is 8 more wins.

No big deal.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Every game on the remainder of the schedule is winnable if they play mistake free football. As much as I'd like to see Baltimore faulter, if the Steelers take care of their own business the division is theirs.

7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Oh yeah, the big bad Dolphins and Eagles. We made them both look like Super Bowl contenders. Sorry but the Ravens aren't coached by Tomlin so they do not play down to their competition. And oh yeah! They aren't scared or respect the Cheatriots so they give them a fight every game and could very easily win that game. We need to go 3-0.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    All the Steelers need to do is play fundamental football, beat the man across from you, and execute the gameplan.

Everything else will sort itself out.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    At best, they'll be a 3 seed. 8 more gets them to the super bowl, which one will they lose?

10. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Steelers need to get off the field on 3rd downs. If we continue to fail on 3rd & long, we're not making the playoffs...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I do agree with you to some extent, but I think Green and Rogers are going to unlock thing a bit more for AB. Our offense should not have a problem moving the ball as long as we take what the D is giving us, and not try to stay balanced. If they want to take Bell out of the run game and we have to be pass happy lets be pass happy. The same goes with the run. Don't get me wrong a balanced attack is great, but some teams, the rats, are too good at stopping the run. The bigger down fall could be with our secondary particularly with OBJ and Eli. This offense can pass, and they are going to try to take advantage of our rookies. Hopefully they are up to the task. Need to get to the QB this week. Eli becomes a much worse QB when hurried. I think our offense will put some long drives together and keep our D off the field this week though. Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!! #Stairway27

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    if we win #7 this year i will give up sexy time with myself for a year lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  13. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I don't quite know how I am going to hold you to that, but thats some funny **** i dont care who you are.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And to think the steelers had the 23rd ranked strength of schedule and should have 8 wins by now makes you wonder how a team with a weak schedule could be struggling to just stay even with a rats team that has one of the worst offenses in the league...

Schedule Rankings:
    At 23. Pittsburgh Steelers 121-135 28 12 This seems to be fairly standard, but Pittsburgh draws a friendly schedule. Their passing attack should thrive with one of the better passing schedules in the league. Pittsburgh has a few road games, but Indy, Buffalo, and Philadelphia are not far travels, nor stout defenses. Look for Pittsburgh to boast a top offense most weeks of the 2016 schedule.......

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Squeaky toy popping up everywhere.

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Good Defense + Mediocre Offense (Ravens) > Mediocre Defense + Good offense (Steelers)

Hate to say it... but even though the Ravens offense is below average, they still have the advantage for the rest of the year. Steelers will pretty much have to run the table or only lose once to win the North... and that loss can't be to the Ravens. The Steelers defense is worse than the Ravens offense... and that is the problem. Also... the Steelers have no "Raven-killers" anymore on offense like Santonio Holmes or Hines Ward. The Ravens know how to stop Ben, AB and Bell.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    the Ravens aren't good at all. It was a fluke win earlier since Ben was hurt. they won't beat us again I guarantee that.

Geeze, people act like we have lost 4 in a row to them or something...

lighten up :)

18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Ravens will beat Dolphins and Eagles. They will be more competitive than the Steelers were vs. Patriots. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they beat the Patriots.

19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    ok now I know you're Real Steel lol

20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    The Steelers can't depend on the Ravens losing games. I'm tired of the Steelers depending on other teams to win or lose and not controlling their own destiny. This team has too much talent to depend on other teams for a playoff berth and/or division title.

21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    too much talent? where? lol

22. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    overpaid and inconsistent O-line
    franchise-HOF-QB
    Best WR in the game
    Le'Veon Bell

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You really think you could be either Master of your Domain (or Queen of your Castle)? Put me down for a C-note you're out by noon on New Years day! :facepalm:

24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    funny thing is in 2014 I gave up fun time with the wife and we kept winning lol. As soon as you guys said just give in and that its superstition I did, and we lost to the Raisins in the playoffs lmao

25. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Judging their strength of schedule off last years records is a little silly. Looking at their opponents records THIS season, they have the 8th toughest schedule

• Like Like x 2