1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Day trip help

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NEPAsteelersfan, Nov 25, 2016.

1. NEPAsteelersfan

NEPAsteelersfan New Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Hey guys, looking for some help planning a day trip to the Jan 1 game. My brother in law surprised me with tickets as an early Christmas present.. unfortunately due to the nature of my job I will need to be at work the next day.
    We are coming from Northeastern PA about 3.5-4 hour drive. Where would be the best location to park to get in and out quickly after the game. Also could someone recommend a hotel outside of town that we could stay at the night before if we decide we don't want to drive it all in one day somewhere off 376 or 22 . Thanks!

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The green tree exits on 376
    Have some hotels that have shuttles there
    I stayed at a beat western once
    And they take you close to the stadium and pick u up.
    If you go that far though I'd
    stay at Wyndham downtown and walk through a nice park and then the bridge over to the stadium

Another excellent option is to STAY AT SHERATON STATION SQUARE AND TAKE THE FERRY OVER TO THE GAME! The ferry is an awesome experience for a first-timer going to a game. The Incline is awesome too, which is also at Station Square.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Based on the 376/22 reference I'm not sure if you mean east or west of the city, they intersect on both sides. If east, check out the monroeville area.

4. bales

bales Active Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Big Steeler you're right. Every time I think of my trips to a game (maybe 3 now), my memories of the ferry boat ride for some reason stick. Along with the whole game experience, those rides will stay with me to my grave. Ive seen some older photos of mass amounts of people coming out of those loading dock tunnels that just rips at my heart,love it !!

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Taking the ferry is a cool experience. Have done it several times. One of the funniest was a very windy December game back in the late 80's, the Steelers just won, we boarded and headed to the second deck where some guy was buying a beer and his $50 bill flew into the river and he didn't hesitate going after it. Nobody could believe that he just jumped into that frigid water only to get his money back and then arrested for PI.

Must do the Inclines preferably in the evening.

Most all all bring us home a win.

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    O my bad
    I think it's 376 that I come n on too but I'm coming from northeastern ky just a lil bit different than northeastern pa :lolol:

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You are still right. If they come across 80 and down 79, they would wind up where you referenced. If they go south then west, they cone the other way. It's 50/50 which way they come.