1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This place is toxic after a loss....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wreck, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I know it was a hard loss to the Ravens, but gosh... this place is like doomsday the day after. Negative, hateful, a downpour of emotions that are so negative you wouldn't think we started this season out strong. We're still 2nd \ tied for the division with the entire division performing poorly. The Ravens aren't going to continue to win out. They're 4-4 with their starting lineup intact the entire season.

Don't give up hope, and gosh... please turn some of these frowns up-side down. makes a guy want to just log-off and vanish permanently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I actually hope we get smoked the rest of the year or we hit a switch on Offense and start putting up 40 every game...It will take a lot of points each game to really make a run so if we aren't going to do that why finish 8-8 might as well finish 5-11 and get a real Football player who can change the Franchise moving forward...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Some fans try to outdo each other, they each have to start their own Tomlin thread saying the same crap over and over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    You got a point with all the doom and gloom but you're a little off base with Ravens being intact all year. They've had several starters miss games this year including Stanley, Dumervil, Suggs, Yanda, Mosely, Wright, Smith, Wagner. That's 8 starters missing time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    TTF has us covered. He'll be handing these out soon...

upload_2016-11-7_13-42-1.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    In case you lost count Wreck, that's actually 3 L's in a row with 2 of those against teams with sub 500 records. The fast start is in the rear view mirror at this point. The team is trending in a manner that resembles your screen name or perhaps more like "Wreak". Sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I NEVER want to lose.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well me either , but to get better that's probably what it's going to take ...I am a win it all guy no reason to just have a fair year the way the draft is set up .Never said play to lose , but might as well ....

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's because many of us are tired of seeing this crap every year. This isn't a one off by any means. We've been having these massive let downs regularly despite a ton of talent

Then we're our backs are truly to the wall, we play lights out and either just sneak into the playoffs or just miss the playoffs.

It's getting tiring seeing mediocre results at the end of every season. We're better than that and we're only a few years away from not having a franchise QB. Teams without franchise QB's don't win too many games in the NFL. Our window is closing but we're blowing it. It doesn't seem to matter how many players we draft, were still mediocre at the end of the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My daughter's college soccer team went 0-9 in the Conference this season.
    4 of those teams are Nationally ranked.
    They fought as hard as they could, never gave up. They were just facing better talent.
    Even after the loses we were proud of the fight.

These Steeler loses are just puzzling. It's been going on for some years now.
    Losing to teams that you should beat, we are more talented.
    Just dumb mistakes, and dare I say..lack of effort?

I never feel good after a Steeler loss lately, because it's always "we could have won that if.."

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Not toxic here just temporarily insane, I feel pretty dam good today though i'm sure i'll need to be confinded come Sundaynight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    odds say we don't make the playoffs; a loss to a strong cowboys team and things are looking dire

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I wish the players and coaches got as mad as we do after a butt kicking.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It's not over until you don't make the playoffs or get knocked out of the playoffs.

We know the Steelers are more capable than the last 3 games. Hopefully it changes Sunday.

Now better way than turning the season around, than beating a one loss team, who is playing great.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    The season isn't over by a long shot... but they have to stop playing like ****. I just don't trust this staff to get it right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Do you trust the players to play better?

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Certain posters make this place toxic after a win too!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    To only be able to lose 2 more games just to finish 10-6 is not encouraging, with the teams left on the schedule.

They need to start playing like they did the first couple games and do that the rest of the way.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Toxic? This is nothing. Browse the internet for a couple hours and come back. ;)

Or, stop in after we lose to a Tebow led Broncos.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    We've actually STILL not fully recovered from that one. LOL! It's really more like the end of Dr. Strangelove.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Stop by after we lose to the cowboys this week. 4 game losing streak is about as bad as gets for the steelers. You'd think Tommy Maddux or Kordell was our QB. How do we suck this bad with an elite Qb?

This is a must win game IMO. We win and the opposite response will happen. We could be SB condensers at 5-4 but we have to beat a good team. We then need to finish the season 10-6 somehow IMO to be legit. If we can't handle that with the remaining schedule we have we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    could be worse i guess

23. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Just watching bills vs Seattle, I don't see the same intensity from Steelers

24. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    RICHARD SHERMAN IS A STRAIGHT UP PUNK FOR WHAT HE JUST DID TO THAT KICKER! WOW! What a thug!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    That was the dirtiest move I've seen in years