1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CUBS 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Frick32, Oct 12, 2016.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Thank you. That means a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I found my 20 yr old hat and have been wearing it non-stop since Game 5...

CUBS WIN!!!! CUBS WIN!!!!

Have a Bud for Harry!!!

3. Frick32

Oct 27, 2011
    I'm not sure I will be able to sleep tonight...Congrats my friend...I can't believe the suffering they put us through...Are you kidding me....blowing lead...wild pitch.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It was DEFINITELY the most "Cubs" way possible! THEN for Edwards mow down two and then have to bring in Montgomery to get it done. Just unreal. I've honestly never been taken on such an extended roller coaster of emotions in just one game. This game was honestly Cubs fandom in a microcosm and really only Cubs fans can truly grasp that. Hendricks is pitching good. Maddon pulls him. Lester looks sloppy. Then Ross hits a homer. Then Chapman comes in, FOR THE EXACT REASON WHY WE SIGNED HIM, and blows it because of how much Maddon had used him. Then we get Heyward 90ft from the go ahead run and a great play stops Dex at first to keep Cleveland alive. Then a rain storm comes to delay it and prolong the suffering. Just more than we could hardly take but FINALLY we are on the right side of the climax. Just wow dude. I would love to see the smile on Mark Grace's face right now.

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Told ya we got this. That's 2 of my teams won pens and Cubs now Steelers next

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That was an absolutely epic game. There were moments I had to just flat out turn away. I just couldn't take it. I was pacing the floor and walking in circles and I think a lot of my hair fell out. LOL! Someone said "What would you say if I told you a rain delay ended a 108 year drought?" This is the pinnacle of sports happiness I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    You and me both. I drove 3 hours to be with my bro who has been a fan for 27 years. We were cautiously optimistic up 6-3 but we kept talking about the 2011 cardinals 9th inning comeback. When Davis hit the homerun we fell silent and doubts creeped in. It was the worst feeling and every hit they did on the 9th I thought it was a game winning homer. When Edwards gave up the run I was like seriously no way this 2 out Bs again! Then we got the last out and our screams shook the house

8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I felt very sick. Only Cubs fans know the doubt feeling.. but it's over and I can care less if they never win again because it's FN OVER!!!

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    One of my buddies lives down towards Nashville and he called me when it was finally over. We had decided after one of the playoff games that we couldn't text anymore because it was jinxing them and even after it was over he said it would still be better to just call me to keep the non jinxing going. Only Cubs fans think like that. LOL! We were both ridiculously happy though talking about how we actually witnessed something that can never be taken from us. All the morons that have been saying that now Cubs fans won't have a "mystique" if they actually win it all are just dumb. Last night during the game when I was going off on Maddon for about two hours straight my wife was like "Well then just keep on being negative because it's like you WANT them to lose" and I was like "No. Actually I want them to win and it looks like MADDON is the one that wants them to lose!" I'm telling you dude it really did have to be destiny this year because Maddon made some of the dumbest decisions that have ever been made. I really wonder if the players don't feel the same because they had a player's only meeting during the rain delay. Pete Rose said that was unprecedented. I know it's all water under the bridge now but man Maddon would have forever been another chapter in the curse if we had blown that. My buddy told me last night when I was talking about all the things that made me mad during the game "I KNEW you'd still find something to be mad about!" LOL!!! I just would have really rather preferred to just put them away decisively early and enjoyed the game a lot more as opposed to almost having a heart attack multiple times. I know that's more fun for the non fans but for me it's torture because there's always that feeling of the other shoe about to drop. Luckily this time it didn't.

• Like Like x 1
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Announcer: "Hey Cubs fans! Your team just won the world series! What are you going to do now??"
    Fans: "FIRE THE @#$%^%$# MANAGER!"
    Seriously, Congratulations to the Cubs and their fans!

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Amazing WS and so typical the way the Cubs won it. Just about every Cubs fan probably went from saying this team suck and will never win anything to euphoria minutes apart :lolol:

I didn't see a curse at work last night, what I saw was exhaustion and pressure taking it's toll on both sides and some questionable managing. I don't think Maddon the fool that BFT does but taking out Hendricks, I'm waiting to hear his reasoning on that one because that was a pretty awful decision.

I'm very happy for David Ross, too, whom nearly had his career filed under the Bill Buckner category. That play where he loses his footing, omg, total blooper reel. I'm glad he got his redemption, the HR was awesome.

I think BFT owes me a big thank you, because he probably would have missed it and turned it off to go play his video games had I not yelled at him for doing that in the last round. ;)

Congratulations Cubbies!

Theo Epstein, best.....GM......ever.
    Have to tip my cap to him, and I'm a Yankees fan.

12. Frick32

Oct 27, 2011
    BFT...See those awesome World Champion hats...BLACK N GOLD baby!!

Attached Files:

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Neither manager last night was willing to let a pitcher get in any trouble whatsoever and I think that's the main reason Joe pulled Kyle so quickly. I think the worst decision Francona made was walking Rizz and pitching to Zobi. Ben was already the MVP at that point and he decided to pitch to him instead of Rizz. That was a bad decision. Francona deserves mega props though for making it that far with such an injury riddled staff. They really only had one ace starter for the whole series and still managed to take all of our guys to the brink. It's going to be super interesting to see what happens to Chap's stock after last night. I really don't feel any kind of angst towards him whatsoever because he totally got overworked. I just wonder if owners will try and use last night as leverage against him to drive down his potential price.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Have you seen the shirt with the goat on it behind the Ghostbusters looking sign that says "I Aint Afraid of No Goat"? It's awesome. Bill Murray was wearing it one day. Although that's totally just him trolling me since he pretty much single handedly caused the catastrophe that was the new "Ghostbusters: The SJW Edition". But still the shirt is cool though. LOL! I have a mega love hate relationship with Bill Murray.

15. Frick32

Oct 27, 2011
    This game so reminded me of the Super Bowl with the Cards...Fitz runs down the seem untouched on to have Ben come through with the great TD...now another Ben came through huge!!

16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I wasn't talking about the baseball game.

17. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    i don't understand

18. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Sometime I don't either, but that's okay because it's not that important.
    Good luck with your TB pick this week, unless your were just fooling and trying to throw
    everyone off.

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Look at this Cleveland Browns fans - this will be you in the year 2107! I, for one, can not hold back my enthusiasm for you. :rolleyes: You can only HOPE that your biggest fan is half the man that BFT is. (Wow - that's quite small). Sorry BFT - congrats on the "no doubt about it" victory though I believe you committed Harry Carey about 4000 times on this MB this season alone. Now take a few years off so the Buccos can regroup.:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  20. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    good luck with your Packers pick

21. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks. It would be nice to have the Chiefs win.

22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    this is blasphemy but this cubs win triumphs any other of my teams championship wins. 108 years, being down 3-1, allowing them to tie the game, then winning in extras. 10 innings, 8 runs= 108 years haha. Now I can care less if they ever win another as I finally witnessed history. Pens, Cubs....

Steelers you're next.

23. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    how many teams are your favorite

24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    whatever team that wins, since you are going there lol

25. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012