1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CUBS 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Frick32, Oct 12, 2016.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ...........but, for the rest of us, it's (manipulated?) drama. 7 game series between the 2 teams with the longest dry streaks? Hollywood couldn't have written this! Or could they??
    Tonights game goes to extra innings. You can write that in sand!!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    That's what John Smoltz said. I couldn't stand Smoltz as a player because he was a a Brave but man he makes a great analyst. Without him the games would be unbearable to watch because of Joe Schmuck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    BFT...one more buddy...between the Steelers over the past 20+ years and now the Cubs...I think I've lost about 10 yrs off my life.

Even with a 7-2 lead last night I was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Go Cubbies Go !!! Hopefully Bryant, Rizzo, Zo and the rest can keep those bats hot for one more game. Baez needs to swing first pitch because he is looking bad.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah my buddy was telling me how confident he was last night and I said "Man, I didn't care that we were up 7. I just kept waiting for Jake to start walking people all around the bases." But you're right though. Just one more. I can't believe I'm saying that.

5. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I'll tell you in advance that I'm sorry for your loss. Maybe next year.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats the curse of BFT. He gets no enjoyment out of this, even when they win, he's pissed about something, why oh why didn't they win 15-0 like they "should" have. I pity the fool. :lolol:

If he listened to me at the end of last years defeat, he'd be enjoying this victory so much more. :rawk:

But, you know he is chewing his fingers down to the nub right now, you know he thinks they will blow this game, you know he is cursing me for jinxing them right now :hehehe:

Don't worry BFT, they got this! :thumbs up:

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Man... that's got to suck. Up 5-1 after pitching 4 2/3 innings, and you get yanked 1 out away from being eligible to get the win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Annnnnd no sooner I said that, Maddon pulls Hendricks :eek:

Not sure about that move.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm entering the witness protection program :lollmao:

Maybe Bartman needs a roommate.

10. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Here's BFT right now... :puking 3:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Joe Maddon deserves the idiot of the century award for his excellent "managing". If an asteroid fell from outer space right now and landed right on his stupid hipster glasses I wouldn't care. If we hold on it will be in spite of that mouth breathing idiot.

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It's more just extreme anger that I can't even put in to words. Remember that scene in Forrest Gump when the doctor explains Forrest's IQ level to his mom and says "Your boys Forrest is about riiiiight here..."? Well if a doctor was explaining Maddon's IQ to his mom it would be a whole lot lower than Forrest's.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    My wife literally put on facebook the other day that "He will have no fingernails left after the World Series". I've bit my fingernails for 34 years. While ago I said to myself "Dang it dude now my stupid nails are gone!" Promise that's true! Oh, btw, Joe Maddon is an idiot.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I literally told my wife while ago that Maddon will need more protection than Bartman got.

15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He
    He's an idiot that has his team 6 outs away from a championship!

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I know that Vin Scully is in his 80s but, PLEASE, have him call all future World Series games and let Joe Buck go back to playing with Aikman!

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    This game is way closer than it ought to be because of him. He should have let Hendricks finish that inning. He was throwing strikes and getting squeezed. Just an utterly stupid move.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I just told my wife what was gonna happen. Then it did. Please asteroid.... please...

19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm not a big baseball guy, but both pitching changes seemed ill timed timed to me before he made them. I expected them to go sour.

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Man, I can honestly say that I'm not even mad anymore. This is weird. Like, I'm so used to THIS as a Cubs fan that I really feel actually normal now. We're where we belong. Choking. THIS is the Cubs team that I know. But yeah. We're not cursed or anything... But hey we've at least got a hipster manager with cool glasses that will make us all feel better after the game with his clever little quips. We'll get 'em "next year". Yeah. Right. Congrats to Cleveland for a well played series and also on having a manager that doesn't take the short bus to the game.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Dear Mr. Bartman, I forgive you and I'm sorry. Joe Maddon on the other hand? Well...

22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Idiot he may be but, he got the Cubs to a series for the first time in 71 years!

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm seriously laughing thinking about how "Cubs" this is. Let's look at this. You bring Chapman here for this ONE reason. He pitches pretty good for the whole time that we have him. THEN in the EXACT moment that you need him the most he does something he hasn't done since he got here. Please SOMEBODY explain to me how that could EVER happen to ANYone but the Cubs. I'm begging you. LOL! I mean it is seriously just destiny. The most tortured fanbase in all of sports probably in the history of sports. If you're not a Cubs fan there is just literally no way you could even begin to understand it but I totally get it.

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Do they give out participation trophies? I honestly hope Maddon gets a ring from Cleveland though because he honestly deserves one. Good grief Francona made him look like a complete stooge. There's a reason Francona has two titles and Maddon...well... you know...

25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Again... not a baseball guy here, but when the announcer said that Heyward was on a 21 game road hitting drought I was thinking "then why is he batting on the road in the 9th inning of game 7?" Sounds like bad odds to me.