1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CUBS 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Frick32, Oct 12, 2016.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    The only message Francona had to give before tonight's game:

***Not kid friendly!***

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yep. In April of 2017. Although if we keep looking like short bus riders at the plate I'm pretty sure we won't even do it then. The Cubs are dumb at the plate. Period. You can throw fastballs right over the plate and they will look at it like they're totally clueless what it means. Then just throw 3 straight toward the pacific ocean in the dirt and they will swing at it like complete idiots. But I'm not worried because I know Joe Maddon will come up with a funny catchphrase to make us all forget how dumb we look for a team that won 103 games. I seriously bet he texts Tomlin after every pathetic loss and asks him for something "clever" to say to distract the masses. I'm telling you right now that if Theo would have hired Francona instead we'd be killing them right now. The Cubs just look dumbfounded by strikes. Almost like they have no clue what they mean. Infuriating but typical. Cubs look great. Cubs go deep in postseason. Cubs then become morons. Fans then cry. Rinse. Repeat.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    lmao i hear ya. cubs cant hit curveballs

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Maddon will probably say something cute like "Don't grade us on a curve" or something ridiculous. I seriously think if they tried to intentionally walk half our team the catcher would step out of the box and raise his glove and pretty much every one of our guys would STILL swing at at LEAST two of them!

5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    lmao baez and bryant would. seriously though our offense is just pure chokejob right now

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah at least Bryant finally hit one. Now he's a whopping 2 FOR 16 WITH 1 RBI BEING HIMSELF! MVP! MVP! MVP! LOL!

7. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    LOL hey... lets just win this one and go from here

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well we don't have much choice but at least we put up 2 runs now. That ties our high at home for this series. LOL!

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They are not that Yankee team anymore. No guarantee they will get him back. At the same time, there was no guarantee they would have been able to keep him, sooo, guess we'll just have to hope the prospects pan out.

10. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    3-1 now but we need more

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah and Heyward could have walked buuuuuut instead decided to swing at another ball in the dirt while making $184 million. Good work if you can get it.

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    They should go get Kenley Jansen. He's just a killer as Miller. He can go multiple innings and sit dudes down as quick as they get up. I really wouldn't mind if we let Chapman go to the Giants and get Jansen from the Dodgers. I also won't mind if we get rid of Lackey and Hammel as well. I would rather see Travis Wood starting than Hammel. I don't even know if I'd be comfortable with Hammel in a relief position.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    ......aaaaaand they choke. Chapman has clearly said he didn't want to come in before the 9th and he didn't want runners on. So what does Maddon do? Bring Chapman in with 1 out in the 7th and a runner in scoring position. Genius. What could possibly go wrong? Francona has straight up spanked Maddon.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    :facepalm: Can't take it. Absolutely can not take it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    2 more buddy, we get schwarbs and at the very least they wont celebrate at wrigley

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I definitely feel like they probably prolonged the inevitable but I definitely wanted to see it away from Wrigley. Unless they learn to hit a curveball in the next couple of days it's over. What's sad is how many first pitch fastballs they just stand there and look at. They could easily ambush these guys but instead they just take strikes and swing at balls in the dirt. They also have to quit blowing it with risp. It seems like we never even get to second until we have 2 already out or when we do get to second they never even advance a single base.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    This is all true but at least it puts doubts in the Indians fans minds for a couple days lol

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Looks like Maddon is smarter than you, idiot! :lolol:

What a performance by Chapman, awesome.

So glad Cub fans got to celebrate a WS victory at Wrigly.

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I think that is literally the only time in his career that he has gotten a save under those circumstances. It has been tried before and maaaaaybe been done once but most of the time it has been a fail. A-Rod even said he thought it was over at that point. Pete Rose said he wouldn't be surprised if Maddon pitched him all night because nothing Maddon does surprises him. LOL! That was an enormous gamble. I'm glad it worked. I'm just glad I didn't have to watch another team celebrate at Wrigley.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Its the WS, do whatever it takes. Boohoo if Chapman doesnt like it, no closer likes coming in under those circumstances. Hell of a call by Maddon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Is it an omen for Cubs fans that the next game will be played on "Day of the Dead?"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    No offense Cubbie fans, but I wouldn't mind seeing El Chappo take a 103 mph liner off his forehead. That guy is pure evil. I think even Joboo would approve. (Ok maybe his kneecap).

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    where did Miller play in college?

yeah thats right
    nuff sed

24. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Is it a Cubs thing that their fans are complaining about them AS they're playing in the world series? For the first time since 1945?

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes. It is. However, now they are down to one game. One. Single. Game. Ticks me off that it has came to this though because if they would have brought their bats to Wrigley this whole thing could have already been over. Now Cleveland has a well rested staff.