1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CUBS 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Frick32, Oct 12, 2016.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I feel like maybe they've FINALLY awakened. PLEASE let it be true! Rizzo and Russell FINALLY came to life. Oh please let it happen.

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I just want to know who talked you down from the ledge. Was Real Steel blocking your path? Glad for your sake that the Dodgers that the Pirates have surprisingly grown to love over these past 3 years finally showed up for your benefit. Now you have a simple 3 game series ripe for picking with 2 in the windy second city.

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The ONLY thing that really scares me is the fact that 2 out of those 3 are against lefties. I can not tell u how ticked I am that we blew game 2. 2 runs could have had us one game away from the dance. If we lose the series that game will forever be remembered as the breaking point.

4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Relax little guy. Cleveland will beat either team from the NL. They are going to become the new City Of Champions. (Cavs and Indians). LOL

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It's possible but if the Cubbies make it they will have a good chance. The tribe has stitched their pitching staff together and that might bite them if our bats have finally awoken. It's too bad we didn't get to play the Pirates in this series though because we could have just swept it and already been in the big dance. Maybe playing a good team will make us even more ready.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    At least the Pirates have won it since the ICE AGE, the Cubs - not so much.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Technically yes we have. Unless you are talking about the movie. In which case neither of us have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    What - you're giving up already on the Brownies? They haven't technically been eliminated yet. Although elimination of the Browns is a frequent occurrence. (perhaps they should rename their team the "Super Colon Blow(s)")

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    One more game. Please. With all that is in my heart I'm wishing for this. You can not even imagine how bad I want us to win 5 more games. There are not enough words to express it. Not only will we have to overcome Kershaw's curveball but we will also have to overcome his 85ft strike zone. I know he's gonna get every call and Joe Buck will be wetting himself over every positive things the Dodgers do. Man I wanna see Joe Buck weep this weekend. Let's root, root, root, for the CUUUUUBBBIES! If they don't win it's a shame!

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Shame or sham? Oh wait that's the national election. If the Cubs do go on and win the WS - I'm going to send their front office a compilation of all your negative posts from this MB and they'll probably ban you for life from Wrigley, forbid you from ever watching Ferris Bueller again and make you turn in your Ernie Banks secret decoder ring.

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh man there have been much worse across the internet than mine. We're just a traumatized bunch of people. Badly. LOL! The other night we're winning 10-2 and all I can think about is the Bartman game when we gave up 8 runs in one inning. I've got quite a few Cubs fan buddies and they've all been standing on the ledge as well. A funny thing happened at work yesterday. One of my lifelong friends walked up and said "I've sorta gotten into baseball here in the past few weeks and I've decided to latch on to a team for the playoffs..." I said "Let me guess. Cleveland." He got this ridiculous grin and shook his head. I told him it was disgraceful to ever root for an Ohio sports team. I then started thinking about it and I thought it was better for him to latch on to them because if you can't understand the suffering of being a Cubs fan it would sorta disqualify you from really being one. Jumping on now would just be sorta "bandwagony" or something. I can't really explain it but it makes sense in my head. LOL! I guess I'm just saying the thing that bands Cubs fans together is the fact that we've all experienced heartbreaking losses but if all a person has ever experienced was constant winning and the best team in baseball they've not really not grasped what it truly means to be a Cubs fan.

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Cubs in the world series?? End times, my friend!

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    What a way to go!

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Two tix for tomorrow night's game are only about $1,100 or $800 for standing room only. I'm not actually able to see over people so if anyone has an extra $1,100 just sitting around... ya know... I'm here.... Maybe I should do like The Dude and go find a cash machine. LOL!

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You should contact our very own poster "Dwarf Toss" - (no pun intended) but he has that certain je ne sais quoi of a Cub fan. Check him out. I'm sure he'd let you sit on his shoulders for 9 innings (but then he'd throw you off the rooftop seats afterwards to defend his honor). Like you say - what a way to go! :hehehe:

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I was actually thinking maybe my wife would put me on her shoulders. Lol!

17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If you wore your AV mask and a long trench coat - you might get away with it.

Reminds me of the story about the man who walks into the Dr office with a frog growing out of his head and the Dr says : "How may I help you?" and the frog says - "Doc could you remove this disgusting growth from my butt?"

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Lol. Seems like I've heard something like that before.

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Just tell them your name is Bartman. They'll, no doubt, let you in for free!

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually last year a dude raised almost a couple of thousand bucks to get Bartman a ticket to the wild card game in Pittsburgh. Bartman refused to accept the offer though. Theo Epstein actually has reached out to him but Bartman prefers to just keep to himself. Honestly I don't blame him. If pretty much any Chicago fan met him in the street they wouldn't know who he was. His dorky outfit that night actually almost functioned as sort of a disguise for him in the grand scheme of things. I love the Cubs big time but honestly the way he got treated was disgraceful. Although the night he done that I was ready to kill him too. I will never forget that for as long as I live. Maybe if we break the curse this year he should be invited back to throw out the first pitch on opening day the way Boston done for Buckner.

21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The first game will be in Cleveland and, I heard, there's a push on to have Charlie Sheen throw out the first pitch as "Wild thing Vaughn". Even I would watch baseball to see that!

• Like Like x 1
  22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah Cleveland has home field in the series because of that ridiculous rule saying whatever league that wins the All Star game gets home field. Utterly stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    BFT...thanks for keeping the thread going. I'm in Cabo and can't post much...big game tonight. I think they will beat Kershaw...they have to...I can't take a game 7...especially the way Jake is pitching. I get to watch it in Spanish so I won't have to listen to Buck. 5 more wins...please, please, please. I go to church almosr every Sunday, but you are closer to the Big Guy...time to call in favors!!!

24. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

I'm 6' 3"...you get the tickets...I'll supply the shoulders...lol

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    What are you doing at the Cape?