1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Survivor 'Last Man Standing' Game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 6, 2016.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    The 2016 Survivor pool is open for business. Last year, @Thigpen82 won the title via a gentleman's game of Rock, Paper, & Scissors, as he and I seemed to be using the same crystal ball each week. This year, I've made it a double-elimination, so hopefully 90% of the players won't be out after week 1. ;+)

To join, go to the Survivor tab on the upper menu, from there, click on "Manage Your Pools" on the top menu. Join the 2016 pool, then click on "Manage Your Picks" on the top menu. From there you'll see a red "Make Pick" link which will take you to the pick selection page. You can choose one team to win each week, and you can only use that team once for the duration of the season.

Good luck and have fun.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Changing the rules so people can be competitive with my astonishing predictive powers?

I hereby dub this the "Thigpen82 rule".

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    As I wrote that, it dawned on me that now I'll probably be the first person to need it. Poetic irony etc.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Never have had the chance to participate in something like this. Here's for a good first year.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I was eliminated the first game last season cause I was the only one with the guts (or perhaps the stupidity) to pick the Steelers over the Cheaters during the 1st game. I was eliminated before any other game even kicked off. Dang I wanted that victory so bad.:beg:

This year my strategy will be very different. I'll just pick every team that plays the Browns.

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Did nobody survive past Week 6? :facepalm:

:lolol: we have to step up our game!

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    We had a freaky first 2 weeks that victimized most of us. Here's to a better year. :drinks:

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I've been doing survivor pools for about 5 years, I've never not made it to about week 8, until last season when I was eliminated week 1 :facepalm:

Here's to a better year, indeed, Ray :drinks:

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah Week one hurt....but the rest of us went out in week 2!

10. vasteeler

vasteeler Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2016
    i dont know why i will even do this to myself. i suck at picking games.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Bump for those asking.

The Broncos/Panthers game was originally missing from the lineup. If you wanted to choose one of those two teams (to each their own I guess), you can edit your pick and choose one of them now.

12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I didn't lose a single game last year... Maybe this year I should actually play? LOL!

13. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Im in

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Heh, those who wanted the Carolina game put in to pick Carolina.

Tbh im gonna try to avoid picking against Denver as much as possible. The defense can bail them out of a lot.

15. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    BRAGGADOCIOUS MUCH?!?!? :)

we ALL know
    you are only going to use the THIGPEN82 rule for ****s and giggles and
    be there in the end

16. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Staring at a Week 1 dismissal from the Survival pool. How embarrassing.:facepalm:

17. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually, just noticed it's double elimination this year! Thank you TTF! :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    you better thank thigpen82 too

19. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't feel bad, at least you didn't pick the Browns like some idiot did... :doh:

20. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol: I can ensure I wouldn't pick to Browns ever to win.

KC made a great come back. Safe for this week. Bet alot of those that picked the Seahawks were sweating!

21. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Those "safe" games with the huge spread are always the ones that knock out 80% of the pool. I always try to avoid those picks, as tempting as they are.

22. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    My survivor pool philosophy has always been to try and pick the tougher games first. Maybe this is why I've never gotten further than week two in the 6 or so years I've been doing survivor pools.

23. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011

SSSHHHH...:nono::rules:
    That was gonna be my strategy this year, and I`m sure, many others`...
    And you done went and made it public!!:lolol:
    I guess all those who stick with it will lose their 1st game, the same week...

Now I gotta go and think of something else,
    Maybe,
    Or wait till I lose the first one... ??? :hmm:

On a serious note, does anyone here who is using Windows 10, having problems with parts of this site?

Like not being able to "agree, disagree," etc?

Or not being able to select a color to highlight a part of a previous post, like what I underlined in WardsWay`s post?

When I clicked on the option that used to denote "change color", it said "none available",
    So, I underlined it...

I dunno if I need to change some settings, or if this OS, just doesn`t work as well on this site?:shrug:

On a similar note, when I was looking at the standings for this pool, it said there were 59 active players, and none had been eliminated, which makes sense, as no one could have lost 2 games the first week...

But, in the "strikes against" column, every player listed, had two "x`s" in their column...

xx

How does that reflect the players who picked a losing team?
    Shouldn`t they have one "x" in that column, or everyone else have no "x`s"?

I also get some slight overlap, in the top of the screen, where it shows "alerts", etc, in front of the forum I am currentley reading.

That`s not a biggie, I`m sure that has to do with some "advanced" setting in my browser viewing, that I don`t know how to change, but the others are kind of annoying.
    Any tips appreciated.

GO STEELERS!!!:smashbengals::bungalssuck:

24. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    That column is for strikes remaining. The players you're looking at probably don't have a strike yet. If you go through the pages of players, people who have a strike are at the end. http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/survivor/2016-nfl-regular-season.2/?page=3

As far as Windows 10 goes, like I mentioned before in pm's, I imagine the software updates will take care of those issues for you. Can't say for sure, though. It's on my to-do list, but I just haven't gotten to it yet. Soon...

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Have not figured out yet how to hide a pick. Could someone please help? Thanks in advance.