1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

green rumors.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Aug 11, 2016.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    hi freak. long time no see. :cool:

2. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it took gates time to learn that aspect of the game not playing college ball. gates is a hof receiver as a TE. heath had a better complete game at the position and i do think he could someday get there. i do think we will be alright at this position in time. james seems like a hard worker and we have a pretty seasoned coach at that spot to help these guys out. i agree we have other weapons and will adjust. :cool:

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i'm in love with a new girl , my head is flying ..ahah ciao mac

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    So now he is saying the reports are just rumors and not true. Also as someone else brought up if he was in concussion protocol he wouldn't be allowed to talk to the media under the rules of it and he has been this whole time. This is giving me a headache.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Grimble sucks, I doubt he makes the team. All I kept hearing from the media who were at training camp was he didn't do much or dropped passes, in the Eagles game he was wide open and dropped a pass. If Green can't play then Grimble may have a chance to stick around.

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I don't know remember lat year against the eagles James was a lot worse than that. What 2 dropped TD passes. Hell I've seen Brown drop a ball. Drops happen you can't judge a guy by one drop.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok Grimble sucks and we already know David Johnson sucks so now we have a guy
    that hasn't seen the practice field YET and we have the underwhelming Jesse James
    suiting up, does this look like a championship contender roster for the TE position that Todd Haley likes
    to use in the passing game?

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    good for you my friend. love is grand. is she a steeler fan? :smiley1::cool:

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    no but everyone knew it was going to be way different without heath. this is what we have and i am behind these young guys to get better. one drop hardly defines their whole worth. you lose bell, bryant and heath in one year and it puts a damper on anyones high powered offense, ben or not. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's not just one drop there are reports he does the same thing in practice, he won't make the team that way.

11. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    she barely knows what is football , she is from brasil ..she knows other things ...ahahah

• Like Like x 3
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    :thumbs_up::lolol::cool:

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This

14. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Great. You too?

15. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah I'm going to be in the posting PUP list for awhile but it's for sprained finger don't believe the rumor of headaches.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  18. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    At this point, my biggest hope is that one of either Eli Rogers or Coates really steps up this year so we can run more 3WR sets, and leave Johnson or whoever in to block more. I don't really know what we're going to do if we are stuck with James as #1 TE, and Coates and Rogers both fail to make an impact. James may end up being a serviceable tight end, but he's not going to draw attention away from Brown or Bell out of the backfield. He's not the sure-handed, reliable guy like Miller, and isn't the athletic freak like Green.

19. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I honestly think Rogers is going to explode on to the scene. He is built for the slot and He will be able to really exploit the gaping holes Brown is going to leave in defenses. I'm honestly worried about Wheaton playing the number 2 spot. I'm hoping Coates gets his stuff together and takes the other outside spot.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Mac, this isn't about Heath. It's about Green, if he is damaged goods the Steelers do not have the TE talent to win the battles
    that TE's need to win and for the team to be productive. Our TE position in Todd Haley's offense needs to have at the minninum
    60 catches. Everybody says well AB/ Dope smoker LB will make up the difference, this is why it is so important to have a TE that can play
    to take the pressure off the these 2 guys. I have great respect for the talent that AB & LB have but with you opponents
    showing no respect for the TE position, you have defenders shading towards these 2.

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

one ace in the hole thats been doing quite well as a receiver is our FB nix. this could make up for a lot. spreading defenses out with 4 wides also helps take a lot of pressure off. it's also been written that the pony backfield of bell and DW will be utilized. all these things take the pressure off a good bit. :cool:

22. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Bit of news on Ladarius Green.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/s...cle_a048c4d8-6a1d-11e6-8e67-972f6e30bc5d.html

On Wednesday morning, Green confirmed that he was practicing get-offs and cuts with a resistance band tethered to a pillar outside the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex.

"It’s helping me with the push off on my ankle and putting weight on it. It’s helping me get more explosive," Green said. "It had a lot of resistance on it."

Green said that as the strength of his ankle continues to increase, so do the intensity of the workouts with which he's tasked. Wednesday morning was one of his most challenging workouts to date, and he felt good about it.

"Today was the first day I’ve done that," Green said. "I’m usually trying to master different stuff instead of me doing the same thing every day."

Green's status for a return is still uncertain at this point, but he feels his ankle is getting better on a daily basis. Ben Roethlisberger said on Monday that Green has continued to keep up constant communication with him, whether it's "What do you think about this?" or "What did you want here?"

23. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    If he can get healthy with Rogers in the slot this offensive is going to be nasty. Like Possibly one of the all time offenses if they stay healthy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Tight ends just keep the business from booming.