1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryland CB Sean Davis

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 17, 2016.

1. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Manusha :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    "Word salad" again? What?

No. Football is completely subjective and physical attributes mean nothing.

That way you can perceive Sean Davis as "having bad tape" which is amazing because why would the Steelers draft a player that they thought had bad tape in the 2nd round? Weird.

The Steelers drafted Jarvis Jones on tape and production alone and now all of a sudden they are the Oakland Raiders and the combine is the be all and end all.

You must be seeing things differently than the entirety of the Steelers organization.

You speak in generalities. Somehow playing rookies stunts their development?!

You never bothered to clarify that asinine remark. You're really good at being vague... still waiting to hear how riding the bench is a confidence booster and actually playing is harmful to rookies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Morris, why are you arguing with RPO? Let it go. Take my lead and don't read his post anymore.

4. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Yes, it's a reference to how your posts are just a mixture of poorly constructed thoughts, reading comprehension disorders, and simpleton logic.

You're posts would make a lot more sense if they were always in green

Stupid inference #1,239

Well, Sean Davis was my target pick for the 3rd round... So we're close

Can stunt. Speaking to you in detail would be pointless

Stupid inference #1,240

5. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Yes. Together we can be a shining example of non-argumentative behavior haha.

I don't care if Davis starts week 1. But if he is the future at S and shows promise I want him to start 9 games.

Some players are busts. It happens. But if he isn't he needs to be as good as he can be as soon as possible.

It wouldn't matter if Ben was 24 instead of 34.

6. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Yea Dee, take Dum's lead... You don't want to get in to the manusha anyways

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  7. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Here is a summation of your response:

1. Attack me
    2. Attack me
    3. Attack me
    4. Brag about your fictional mock draft
    5. Attack me
    6. Attack me

You have absolutely no insight to offer. You have refused to acknowledge any of the points I have made. I gave you dozens of examples of teams and players who have found success through early playing time.

There is no counter to Tomlin saying rookies will be given a chance to compete for a starting position, or being unable to know how quickly each rookie adapts on an individual basis.

8. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I'm laughing at you, not attacking you by calling you "functionally retarded".

You have made zero useful points. You think you're the one being specific by siting quotes, weights, and other successful draft picks

I think you've made a mockery of yourself

Davis play at safety is a suitable counter

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Just a reminder to keep it civil folks. :thumbs_up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    You aren't hurting my feelings I am pointing out that you have yet to make a cogent statement.

"Davis play at safety is a suitable counter."

Why did the Steelers draft Davis to play safety with their second round pick then?!

Go tell Colbert, Tomlin, Lake and Butler. They need your input!

"Sean Davis sucks at safety. I had him down as the 3rd round pick for the Steelers. I hate how Morris contradicts himself."

[​IMG]

Tomlin: Three rookies have a chance to start and make an immediate impact on defense or we wouldn't have drafted them that high.

RPO: Nope! Na na na I can't hear you!

11. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    This thing called development.

12. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Yeah? Shamarko is short but he is a freak athlete.

How is Shark's development coming along? 3 seasons on the bench and counting.

Players have it or they don't and you find out sooner or later. That's it.

13. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Dumb

14. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Out of all the defensive backs drafted under Tomlin only Gay and Lewis have worked out.

Every defensive back was handled the same way. None was pressed into early action.

All you have is the ad hominem.

And again Cowher had a rookie starter in 11/15 seasons.

Is there some study I don't know about? Why are 2 or 3 rookie QBs NFL starters every year in probably the hardest position in sports if it will only arrest their development?

RPO you have to go tell these billion dollar franchises investing tens of millions in QBs that starting rookies early harms them! You would think they would know by now hahahaha.

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    wow, what a couple of interesting pages in this one lol. I think Sean Davis has a legitimate shot starting week 1. He's obviously smart enough and has the physical tools. I would hope the coaching staff takes each players individual merits when deciding who will start. As of today, I wouldn't think there is the "mandatory rookies will not start" mantra going on. OTOH, they're not going to start a guy just because he was a high draft pick. If they feel comfortable with the guy starting he should. Whether that's the case or not is up to question and we'll see who's running with the #1s in preseason.

Can I give you reasons I think he will start? No, we haven't even started training camp and we have no base to judge him against NFL talent.
    Can I give you reasons I don't think he will start? No, because I couldn't find tape of him at safety. The few games I did find, he went back to CB after a CB was injured or the TV angles cut off everything. That's the pisser for me when trying to look at DBs for draft evaluations.

16. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I think Davis will start from game one.
    I think that Burns is going to be eased in and by season's end he'll be the full time starter. I think it would be too much to have two rookies starting; But if possible, I'd love for both to be starters from game one.

You would think with Kurt Cousins as the opening day opponent, that would be the type of guy who you'd want to break your rookies in on. LOL.

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I wouldn't be so quick with that one Dean. He had some pretty good stretches last year. Now you take RGIII out of the picture and him firmly in the #1 spot from the get go, you never know. Lesser QBs have handed us our hat.

18. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Yeah they have. Because we've had crapola talent in the secondary. What Ryan Mallet did to us last year still sits in my bur. :(

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Just this one?

20. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Then why are you so confident in Sean Davis working out?

Wait... your argument is going to be that Cortez Allen, Crezdon Butler, Curtis Brown, etc didn't "work out" because they weren't pressed in to action early enough? That's hilarious.

I'm not sure why you are so confused as to believe my opinion is a generalization of the entire NFL and not simply reflective of Sean Davis.

21. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Why do you think he's smart enough. I watched him play safety in 2014, and I would argue that his read/react/play recognition skills are pretty poor.

I his press/bump n run skills at CB definitely excite me. His play at safety does not. He has a lot to learn.

My belief that he won't start has nothing to do with history, tomlin, other players, other teams, draft range, athletic talent.... it has everything to do with Sean Davis not checking enough qualitative boxes required of NFL safety play.

22. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    :facepalm:

23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Agree, especially in Washington where Cousins had a 117 passer rating last year with 16 TDs and 2 ints.

Somehow :facepalm: seems inadequate.

24. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Steel_Elvis,

Your so combative today..I guess your taking up the moniker from BF because I don't read his post anymore. Anyway, I said that because I don't believe in Cousins. Straight up. The redskins played garbage down the stretch and won that division by default; And I think all of Cousins numbers are against bogus competition. They were the best team from a bunch of crappy teams in that division. Even the Redskins are not sold on Cousins or he wouldn't be on a one year deal. Notice that the Texans and Redskins were the only division winning teams to lose first round in the playoffs. You know why? Because they were the two weakest division in their respective conferences.

So yeah..don't think much of Cousins but our team does need to go out and play him with the intensity as if he's Aaron Rodgers or the like.

Sometimes...numbers don't tell the whole truth but you have to be intelligent enough to know when they don't.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Maybe I'm just getting too much into the "manusha" by looking at the numbers. Dumb me...lol!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1