1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryland CB Sean Davis

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Oh so true.. :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, I was referring to RPO, schooling you guys :lolol:

I tried to educate you, Dean, but you flunked :taunt:

4. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    The best defender in last year's draft was Ronald Darby who was taken with the 50th pick.

RPO thinks Sean Davis isn't "elite" because he was the 58th pick and therefore is unable to start by default.

I'm half certain you guys are functionally retarded to be honest.

;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bhandsome08

bhandsome08 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Yes, finally someone who recognizes that Darby was the best defender. Everyone gets so caught up in Peters INTs, that they don't know he gave up a ton of yards and TDs. Only time he did good was with help overtop from Sean Smith.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Please, I just picked some lint out of my bellybutton smarter then you :hehehe:

7. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Haha yeah but I can guarantee I smell slightly better.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol: Yeah, I have to agree with that.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    new sweater in the works? :lolol::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Inference Fail #73

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Agree, though it was Berry over the top. He played opposite Smith. I'm not going to say that Peters is a bad player, because I do think he did a lot of good things. However, he was probably the most overrated rookie in the league last year. He gave up a LOT of completions, yards and TDs for a pro bowl corner. That said, if he keeps his head straight, I think he's going to have a decent career.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Says "Sean Davis isn't elite" 100x. When confronted with the fact between the Pro Bowl safeties and their replacements 1 was UDFA, 2 were 5th round picks, 1 was 2nd round pick...
    "But look at the tape!"

Hahaha!

You must be the great Carnac because you know for a fact that Sean Davis will not be better in 4 months than Will Allen was last year.

[​IMG]

13. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Found a graph that shows how often each team plays a rookie. It is average snaps per rookie whereas I would prefer total snaps by rookies since teams like the Seahawks and Pats had a lot of draft picks in that time period. (2011-2013)

Anyways, the Steelers are right near the bottom and other teams like the Pats, Broncos, Colts, Cowboys and others that are smong the winningest teams of the last 10 years are more likely to use rookies. Not saying the Steelers need to copy other teams just trying to put to bed the "only bad teams use rookies" mentality.

I don't care that the Steelers don't bring along rookies as a whole faster but on a case by case basis it can be really irritating- like Heyward stuck behind Ziggy Hood and Brett Keisel for 2 years. That pisses me off.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  14. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Don't say the name Ziggy Hood. Those two 4 letters words are like other 4 letter words around here: Profanity!:facepalm:

15. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    He was good enough to start over Cameron Heyward for 2 years. That makes him an All-Pro I think doesn't it?

16. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Density level of 100

It's the "because" part...

17. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Okay..your rubbing one of our blunders in our face. I get it. But it was a blunder. Ziggy was a bust with a capital "B". :mad:

18. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Ironically Darby made Cockrell
    expendable who then came to Pittsburgh signing on Sept 5th with 0 time to learn the defense in preseason.

To which you reply that Cockrell was only replacing an injured Cortez Allen... while ignoring the obvious fact that Cockrell is still a Steeler and has made Allen expendable.

All that made possible by an UDFA in only his second year who had never had a start prior to joining the Steelers. Cockrell certainly isn't "elite" haha.

The Steelers started an inexperienced player out of necessity and it paid off.

19. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    We shouldn't be talking about guys who are no longer here or cornballs who really are not worthy of being on this team. LOL.

20. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Not sure what any of this word salad has to do with your poor inference that I think Davis won't start "because he was drafted in the 2nd round".

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/05/film-room-sean-davis-steelers-dime-defense/

21. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    It is because you throw around the word "elite" at every opportunity and to you that word means "1st round draft pick."

"Elite" doesn't exist or mean anything. Top picks bust all the time.

Your ideal safety is a top 10 pick, 2x all-SEC first team, consensus All-American with a 4.35 40 and 38" vert who is built like a truck at 6' 213 straight out of college... Laron Landry. Haha.

Also... who says "word salad"? Oh right the Queen of Metrics.

22. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Stupid Inference #134

Stupid Inference #135

23. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    I have to infer because you are very tight lipped about what you say. You really play it safe and then when you form an opinion it is egregiously stupid like when you said Shamarko would start over Davis!!! Wait at least until preseason to say something like that. Damn. You're just embarrassing yourself.

Golden + Shamarko = 103 career games played but only 5 starts. You act like they are wily veterans when they are observably lost at times.

Shark hasn't started a game since his rookie season... which is when he started... as a rookie... even Shamarko "how do special teams work again?" Thomas got a couple starts as a rookie.

24. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    You're Reading Comprehension issues are your own problem

Stupid Inference #306

In the eyes of tweedle dee and tweedle dum...

Number of Starts and "being an experienced veteran" are two separate things

I know you wish football was something that you could break down to simplistic anecdotal numbers like weight, bench presses and number of starts.... to go along with your fetish for using singular plays to deduce player ability. If only... instead, you're left holding word salad crown... in perpetuity.

25. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    There is so much garbage in that secondary. That's why our first two picks were used on it. Garbage and manusha.

• Agree Agree x 2