1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2016 NFL Draft Discussion Thread [No Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I think so. I'd take Bell over Cash easy. You're right about Cash being an in the box guy he reminds me of a 1980's strong safety.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Colbert never said day 1 starters. When a GM talks about depth at a position, and there being "starters" deep in the draft at a position, he's saying that there are later round players who can eventually be NFL starters at their position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I'm thinking that T.J. Green is on the radar as well. I like what he brings to the table.

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016

We shall see my friend. We shall see.lmfao. :cool:

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Starting, as in taking Cockrell or Gays job at the beginning of the season. What you fail to grasp is the learning curve, all the talent in the world won't matter if you don't know what you are doing out there. Don't worry, Dean, you'll learn football yet.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think he will be gone by our pick.....the guys I listed are guys I feel may last to the 27th pick

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I get what your saying but it don't hurt to listen, I like options. jmo

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Oh yeah. Gay and Cockrell really are so great that a rookie couldn't beat them out. Please Furnace, you said that we wouldn't be taking a cornerback either with our first round pick. :rolleyes: While I insisted we would. :cool:

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think those calls are likely made before they even get on the clock. Can't be certain but I think I remember all the trades last night being indicated as soon as teams got on the clock. That means they were hammering out those deals before then.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow :facepalm:

Where did I say that? I said they should take Billings if you wanted a player to make an immediate impact.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I disagreed with the notion that Dean will learn football yet. If you want to talk about a "learning curve"... :roflmao:

Sorry Dean, couldn't resist!

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL! I was thinking that you just missed the agree button but that makes much more sense :lollmao:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Elvis, it's all good.

I'm tired of beating furnace though. It's getting boring.

First..he tells me that Ladarius Green is going to be a good blocking TE; And me telling him he isn't. Finally, Tomlin stated he was signed for his catching. Me right...
    Then, Furnace says I'm going to be heartbroken when we don't take a first round cornerback; Then we take a first round cornerback. Me right...

The score, Dean 2; Furnace 0 :thumbs_up::cool::this!::smiley1::dancing:

15. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    We move on. to the second round. bye bye furnace.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Ah, now he resorts to lying. If you were "winning" you wouldn't have to make stuff up. Nice try though, everyone has gotten taste of the Dean logic and already sized you up for what you are :thumbs up:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Lambert's Lunatic58

Lambert's Lunatic58 Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Just tells me that the Bengals' management didn't have a backup plan. AND - we're still in their heads!!! The fact that we made our pick about 30 seconds after theirs tells me that Steeler management DID have a backup plan. That's why the Bengals will never be a factor in the NFL.

18. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    This is very true. And when you do stuff out of jealousy, 90% of the time it backfires on you. I want to get Burfict back ; I want to hurt him bad. I don't usually support hurting a player, but for Burfict, I'm making an exception. It's very clear to me that he was coached up by the Bengals to act the way he does against us. Illegal hits, head shots, the whole thing.

We need to let the Bengals know that if you kill our dog, we'll kill you cat!

19. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If you factor this in with Burns and Senquez Golson. Basically two rookies back there. But, I think they won't do a worse job than Blake and Cockrell did. Plus stilling having Gay and Cockrell isn't terrible. I'll bet money that we rank higher than 30th in the NFL in pass defense this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Thank you. I'd start Burns; can't be any worse then what we currently have. At least he has upside to be better be the season's end.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Just getting rid of blake makes us better then last year..............Honestly I think Cockrell and Gay will be fine and add in now Burns and Golson to the mix is gonna be good. Also you know we are gonna add a S so the backfield is gonna be better for sure.

One more thing to add that I am sure will get people going. Throw in Harlan Miller in the 4th and bam top 5 pass D......................:roflmao::lolol::applaud::dancing::cool:

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    That's an understatement! Glad they signed Cockrell right away he will be fine. Now to draft a SS, OLB/DE and NT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    So many bums; so little time. There are more to be gotten rid of.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Gerry Dulac discussing the Steelers could be interested in QB Cardale Jones if he lasted until our 3rd round pick.

I would freak out. And not in a good way.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  25. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Not sure if he is speculating or if he was told off the record, but Ed Bouchette says the Steelers would have taken Jackson III had he been there at 25. Wjax3 pretty much said the same thing last night.

For what it's worth...