1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2016 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 3, 2016.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Ken Crawley - per nfl.com, he gave up a lot of PI penalties and TDs. 6' 187, 4.4 forty

Ryan Smith - 5'11" 189 4.47 forty, KO return ability

DJ White - 5'11" 193 4.49 forty, team captain, 3 yr starter with 7 INTs

Tavon Young - 5'9" 183 4.46 forty

Jonathan Jones - 5'9" 186 4.33 forty, 2yr starter, 7 INTs

DeAndre Elliott - 6'1" 188 4.55 forty, 7 INTs

Deiondre Hall - 6'2" 199 4.55 forty(pro day), very long arms and 37 vert, 13 INTs (4TDs), experience at S and CB

Eric Murray - 5'11" 199 4.49 forty, 39.5 vert!, 2 INTs, 2 blocked punts

Just some of the basics for these guys...

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I rewatched two of the games cut up by draftbreakdown and you're right, its not clear in most instances. Oklahoma and VT games. A couple instances where he seems pretty lackadaisical in blocking for teammates (QB scrambles, etc). Maybe I saw it more when watching the DE Derrick Alexander full games way back when, but I remember having that impression from him??

Working with AB would be great for most I agree, but the individual has a lot to do with it imo. Sammie Coates admitted this past year he didn't condition himself as needed. http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...es-conditioning-was-downfall-of-rookie-season

Seems like the light turned on for Coates after the season, maybe Garrett could do the same.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm going to put my vote for:

CB Deiondre Hall, Northern Iowa.

Great height with crazy long arms. Has longer arms than most OT prospects. He's not the athlete that others are but he was very productive and is very football smart.

Coach the kid up.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Hello????? I think you forgot somebody........

HARLAN MILLER GETS MY VOTE

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    No way was I going to steal your thunder!! I figured you would want to give the particulars lol!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Lol, I think I might have done enough already but when I get home tonight I may "refresh" everyone..........

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!

And just so everyone knows that was Harlan Miller chanting from his living room.....he bleeds black and gold!

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    :facepalm: Someone should have just picked Miller for the Redskins... I almost did it, but I figured NY would have had a nervous breakdown, and I didn't want to be complicit in that. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    SE, you are better off jumping on the bandwagon........ embrace don't hate :clapping::drinks:

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Miller picked off 11 passes and broke up 22 others over the past three years using his height and length, earning first team All-Southland Conference honors each season. Miller also proved he could make plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage as a senior, making six tackles for loss, while additionally returning punts (15 for 175 yards), receiving first-team all-conference notice at that position. He looks to join former teammate Robert Alford (drafted in the second round by Atlanta in 2013) in the league.

Strengths
    Plays with quick, darting feet and has the ability to mirror and match receivers' movements down the field. Is always in hot pursuit in run support and is willing to sprint across the field to get into the action. Tenacious wrap-up tackler. Tall with good arm length. Will actively look for chances to make plays outside his area. In press, reads direction of release and slides feet in front of receiver to impede his route. Able to shift weight and change direction instantly. Hard-charging competitor with ball skills to boot.

11. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm thinking......NY Steelerfan is Harlan Miller.....

12. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yep, a wannabe Steeler to add to our board's current Steeler (PWP = DHB).

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I definitely saw some of it, one block attempt was atrocious, basically steered the guy into the runner and I glimpsed a couple lazy routes, I just didn't get a chance to see enough of it to really formulate an opinion but probably safe to say, it would be a couple of areas he needs to clean up in his game.

I saw that about Coates, good read, glad to see he is learning what it takes to be successful at this level.

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You do mean......soon to be Steelers right????? :dancing:

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm going to back my neighbor and vote for his boy.

Im in for Miller.

When I reviewed his tape, this is where I projected him anyway. Who knows, maybe they can put some bulk on the kid but he does have skills and the height.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Ok, a lot of talk, but only 4 votes so far:

Slow, skinny FCS corner (Harlan Miller) 2
    DJ White 1
    Deondre Hall 1

Let's get some votes in and tallied.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm going to throw out another CB name.... Jonathan Jones from Auburn. He's a fast smurf..... don't know much more about him. Actually, my vote is for Jonathan Jones. Steelers had a meeting with him so they must have had a little interest.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
  20. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
  21. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Close call for me, but:

DJ White, CB, Georgia Tech

22. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I'll go in on the DeAndre hall sweepstakes

23. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    deiondre hall (northern Iowa) is a late round tweener prospect with very little CB ability at the NFL, but could find a niche as a cover 2 safety or at worst a dime back

Deandre Elliot (Colorado st) on the other hand is a sleeper true cover corner prospect, with NFL technique and above average athletics

I vote for Deandre Elliot (maybe some hall voters were confused? Lol)

I have both of them on my late round target list, but we need a corner here and Hall isn't one.

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Looks like we are all agree on the fact we need a CB here but looks like we are all in different directions. I have had a lot of fun pushing Miller but time to be serious, if you watch the tape on Miller you see this kid has the ball instincts we really need. Yeah he is light and yeah he is weak but they are things that can be fixed. Well then you throw out well he is slow, ok I give you that but when you watch him you see his ball instincts make up for his "lack of speed".

What I see when I watch this kid is a lot of talent and yeah he is a bit of a gambler but that also works for him as well. Oh and wow he returns punts as well. Watch for yourself here:

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/harlan-miller/

25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Here's the scoring:
    Deiondre Hall, CB/S Northern Iowa - 3
    DJ White, CB, Georgia Tech - 3
    Harlan Miller, CB, Southeast Louisiana - 2
    Jonathan Jones, CB, Auburn - 1
    Deandre Elliott, CB, Colorado State - 1

I suggest that the 1st one to 4 votes ends it.