1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2016 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 3, 2016.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I think we dropped the ball on jenkins..... this is a player that would probably get Jarvis Jones booted

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm torn on Kaufusi. He's 6'6" and that will be hard to win the leverage battle. I did see one example of him fighting off a cut block in space so that was a positive. If he's stymied at the LOS, I just hope he gets his hands up, he could bat down a lot of passes. The dude is a hustler and a coach's son, but he's already lost two years to a LDS mission. Not sure how old he is, and being somewhat of a project (as all draft picks are for the most part) you have to hope he learns quickly. Hopefully, he has a career like another DE we had from BYU!!

I still think Deion Jones would be like getting Darron Lee in the 3rd. Yes, Lee has 3 yrs exper vs Jones' 1, but I think Jones has some upside for sure. And they brought in Jatavis Brown who is relatively the same size, so they are looking at smaller, fast ILBs. Unless they have Brown viewed in a different role. But on to round 4!!

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, he's almost identical height and weight (depending on who you believe). So I don't think his 6'6" will be a problem.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Dislike to both, Miller going to the Cheats and you calling him slow......lol!

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Jones has my interest there was a lot of talk about him during the senior bowl and teams asked him about his weight and he did tell they at LSU his playing weight was 227. He said he liked being 219 cause he felt he could fly around the field more. Another interesting bit I found:

Jones' father, Cal, named his son after his favorite football player, Deion Sanders. His nickname has been "Debo", as in Deion and Bo, like Jackson, put together. The New Orleans native is living up to the expectations, winning the Metro Defensive Player of the Year as a senior in high school and eventually starring for his home state LSU Tigers.

6. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Why? He's a poor mans Jarvis Jones to begin with.

7. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I like Deion Jones a lot. A bit of a project, but Shazier like athletics.

8. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

Not even close..... jones never had the hands that jenkins does, and jenkins separates from blockers much more effectively

9. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    If saying it made it true

10. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011
    watch his film as opposed to jones' tape

11. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Spare me the "watch his tape" stuff. There's a saying, "bring tape, or don't mention tape"

Frankly, you are confusing power/punch with hand/technique. Jenkins doesn't use his hands well (as it relates to pass rushing), and it's part of the reason he has very little rush potential (along with the fact that he's not explosive... at all). Separating from a blocker to make a tackle is a very good and important skill set, that Jenkins DOES have. His power and arm length are a strong asset. While Jenkins separates well and is able to play a pursuit game, he doesn't have pass rush technique. He's a punch and drive player, and that's not effective in the NFL.

Hand technique is about creating leverage. Explosion to leverage to bend. Jenkins does none of these things particularly well, which is why it's easy to project his limitations as a pass rusher.

If you want to break down tape, i say we use the Auburn or Alabama games.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Just made a pick for Buffalo that I hope doesnt happen, Keyarris Garrett, WR. If this guy realizes his potential, him and Watkins would be a deadly duo.

I actually hope we pick him in the later rounds if he is there.

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    One of the things I didn't like about Garrett is his lack of interest in blocking and running his routes when not the #1 option. He's a big target at 6'3" but has smaller hands - 9". Mike Thomas from Southern Miss would be a nice pickup imo.

14. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't like that turtle just took my 4th round pick before my turn.....:facepalm:

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    sorry!! lol

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    3 picks to go, we have to be looking at a CB here.

17. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Next CB's I see would be KeiVarae Russel (Notre Dame), Maurice Canady (Virginia), Harlan Miller (SE Louisiana) and some others

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    and just going off the visit list
    Ryan Smith
    Tavon Young
    DeAndre Elliott
    Jonathan Jones
    DJ White
    Ken Crawley

K. Russell was already picked

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  19. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Some CBs to consider:

Deiondre Hall - Northern Iowa
    Eric Murray - Minnesota
    Harlan Miller - SE Louisiana

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    DJ White, CB, Georgia Tech

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I really couldn't get a good idea of what you are talking about because when the ball was going elsewhere, the camera would leave Garrett. The things you mentioned can be corrected though and his skills elsewhere not to mention size is undeniable.

He'd be working along side AB, those work ethics are sure to rub off on him, did on Bryant, similar concerns about him coming out of college.

As for this round, definitely CB. The guy I was going to pimp, Reed, was taken though *glares at TTF*

So I'll have to take look at some of these other names being mentioned.

Unless of course people want to vote for a slow skinny small school kid, then we have our man.

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I heard a lot about this guy............:shrug:

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

:roflmao:

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I guarantee, the rest of us have gotten an earful (or two) on him as well :lolol: