1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2016 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 3, 2016.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    SE, I get you don't like Harlan and that's fine as long as you get I do. With that said you can nit pick all you want on numbers and skill level that's cool. I put my stock(with my untrained eyes) and opinion a lot on what I see on film. What I see is a guy who reads the play, something you can't teach. I understand strength and tackle ability and that coming into play but I consider the position into that as well. How much strength does a CB need compared to say a DE? Miller showed he can go up for the ball, he is a bit of a gambler and that may cost him. Your point on the senior bowl is some what valid however you can't knock him for small school level of play then when he goes against bigger competition find flaws when he performs well. He preformed well there which shows IMO he has the ability.

Here is the way I look at it if you feel he isn't a 3rd rounder, look at the run already on cb's in this day of the NFL these guys value have gone thru the roof since we are now a passing league. The other thing about this is when we all were goo goo gaa gaa over Billings we should have paid attention to what was left at on of our other biggest needs. All please don't think I am taking a shot at Billings or the pick. I am just pointing out how you have to take everything into consideration.

These are just my opinions and I respect yours as always and you add very valuable insight but as always on Miller you and I are seeing this different. Which makes for good conversation. :cool:

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well NY, if you look back you'll see that I certainly didn't go gaga over Billings. I voted for Apple.

There are also runs on edge rusher, and we may have nothing but Dupree and Chickillo after this season. We will have a handful of corners, mostly young and potentially improving. We have yet to take an edge rusher. I think it's as big of a need as corner, maybe bigger looking beyond 2016.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Getting Harlan Miller here would be a mistake imo. This guy is just way too slow. Shows on tape, shows at the combine. And we're drafting for an outside corner? He just does not have 3rd round value when you can get a better and way faster player in Kalan Reed in the 4th. Reed was state hurdles champion, 4.38 pro day, 41.5 in the vertical and he's 5'11" 199. PFF has him rated 3rd in pass defense for that class with 18 combined PBUs/INTs on 89 targets.

They haven't met with him and he comes from a small school, that doesn't not sound like the ingredients for a relatively high pick. I'd rather take chances like that in the 4th and beyond.

edit: I think they met with Miller at the combine and they met with Reed at pro day.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    The contracts for Timmons and Williams are due next year too if I'm not mistaken. I would put ILB as a need as well.

Lavonte David for a comparison
    Hgt – 6’ 1”
    Wgt - 233
    40 – 4.65
    Bench – 19
    Vert – 36.5
    Broad – 119”
    3 cone – 7.28
    20yd – 4.22

Deion Jones
    Hgt – 6’ 1”
    Wgt - 222
    40 – 4.59
    Bench – 18
    Vert – 33 (35 ½ pro)
    Broad – 120”
    3 cone – 7.13 (pro)
    20yd – 4.26 (pro)

Just a comparison for measurables. One of his strengths is covering guys in man. We could use that with the TEs. He needs a year to develop physically but would bolster STs like Garvin/Spence. Not trying to change everyone's mind on voting but just a perspective.

5. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    As bad as we need a CB, there's not any worth taking in the 3rd here IMO....

Jenkins

6. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Any talk about Charles Tapper, LB Oklahoma?

7. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I hear what your saying I don't know anything about Reed so I can't comment. I know people here have mentioned Frankie Williams who is a much later round prospect who I watched and like as well. I get all the numbers, but when you have instincts that makes up for speed, reading it feeling it will make up for the lack of speed, jmo.

I like Miller we all know that but I am not invested in this kid if there are others out there ok fine I am good with that I just haven't looked. I have heard Millers name mention a lot connected to the Steelers on some sports talk and when I watched him I loved what I saw, some here don't some here just believe what they read. I am not getting caught up in the whole 3rd - 4th round value cause when your picking 25th round value changes imo.

In the end I want what's best for the Steelers we have avoided one of our glaring needs in the 1st 2 rounds. Here is a guy I like a lot at a position we need a lot that is may feeling, yeah it is the 3rd round and yeah according to all the "experts" it is to early but will he be there in the 4th I am thinking not JMO so with my assessment on him I like him here the way this draft is going.

Maybe I need to watch other CB's but I haven't so all I have to go on in my opinion on Miller which I have as a very high one. Like I said some don't, but I feel he could become a #1 guy for us, jmo. I am not a trained eye so maybe I am wrong who know but it is sure the hell fun to talk about......

oh and if we do end up drafting him in 2 weeks I hope he pans out cause with my swing and miss on Holliman and then Miller I might get banned from the draft board.....lol

9. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    OOH.... may need a discount double check, but if Blast's prelim count was right..... I see Kaufusi 5, Jenkins 5, Miller 4.

I'll go Kaufusi just because we don't need another JJ from Georgia. Don't like how this draft is going for us, but it's still entertaining. That puts Kaufusi in the lead with 6.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I was hoping no one would mention him. :bitetongue:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    NY campaigning hard! :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Billings, Thompson, Kaufusi would be an incredible draft. From my board, that's 1 top 15 pick, and two more top 50 picks... hardly gets better than that (given our position).

13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    WJ3/Bell/Kaufusi would have been even better;)

14. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Not at all. Billings and Thompson have Star potential. Jackson and Bell have Starter potential.

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Just like Bernie Sanders in Binghamton NY.....lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok, lets call this. Came down between 3 prospects, good race with Kaufusi the winner.

Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU 6

Jordan Jenkins, OLB, GA 5

Harian Miller, CB, Southeastern Louisiana 4 (or 5 depending on the drunken GM)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm loving it, I'll do a jig if we get these players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    What position does he play? Haha, kidding! Feel the Bern!

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    :facepalm: :rant::rant::rant::rant::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Left out....................

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't worry, NY, your boy will still be there in the 7th :whistley: :lollmao:

23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I promise.... If he's there when our 6th round comp pick comes up, I'll vote for him :thumbs up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Oh man you two, kick a guy when he is down....lol. Talk to you all later my boy has a ball game gonna be a late night......

Vote Miller round 4.......just throwing it out there!!!!!1

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I don't know... I have two picks coming up for New England, and they can really use a skinny, slow FCS corner or two :hehehe:

• Dislike Dislike x 1