1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Combine Visits and Talk...

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    LOL.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He did saw it on NFL Network, they said Joseph didn't work out he only did the bench press 19 reps.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It could be worse look at the Browns they miss on #1 every year.

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    They are a factory of true sadness

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Tomlin was all over Joseph, it was on local news here.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Not true at all, I by no means think KC walks on water but I do think he does a very good job. What kills me is when you come on here thread after thread post after post and kill him over one position. like I have said in the past I agree our secondary sucked but he is working on it as well as keeping the #1 offense in football together and handling the cap the best he can. you point out the few bad things but leave out the many good things he has done.....:smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Oh boy I am not sure what to say here, ok so you start with KB would have never seen the field if it weren't for injury. Then you add(right before breaking your arm patting yourself on the back) you were a KB backer, well don't that mean the GM/HC did their job picking a good player late? Also you can't say 1st and especially 2nd rounders are no brainer's. I posted something about draft success and 1st round is just over 50% & 2nd drops to like 30%, how is that no brainer?

The thing that gets me about people is they think that the 1st round is nothing and they are some what right where a GM/HC really need to earn their money is later in the draft and undrafted guys, imo. When you have 22 starting positions just on O & D and only 7 draft picks what do you think is gonna happen......yes some positions are gonna get "ignored" if you want to say that. I would rather say prioritized. Let's also not forget we are talking about a very veteran team the last 5-6 years.

Now the whole KC/BC vs KC/MT I am not even gonna touch, for the record I am not a MT fan but you can compare the two. First it isn't fair to MT as BC is done and has a ring while MT is still in the process, second they are two different styles of coaching and MT took over a team full of Vets doing it BC's way. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    KC has a team vying for a SB, I think only NE is more heavily favored next season. He's doing something right to be in that position.

Hasn't figured out how to solve world hunger yet, so has some flaws to be sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Grass is always greener... in the minds of simpletons

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Do you like the way he manages the cap?

11. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I hear ya. But the way KC dogged the secondary out for 4 years???? The bottom barrell way he's tried to address needs in the secondary is crazy. We have the least talented secondary in the league. Out of 32 teams, in talent, we are the worse. And that's not something to raise eyebrows about? Is he the worse GM in the league? Hell no. Not by any stretch.

And he's 70/30 in my book; meaning he's better then 2 thirds of the GM's in the league. But in that 30 percent that he's not very good, he's down right awful. And if he just tweeked up a little bit that 30 percent area while maintaining his good 70 percent, we'd be in the Super Bowl this coming February.

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    But see your looking at it different, he gave a guy a big contract who we all thought would take over for Ike and we also just spent 2 of the 1st 4 picks last year there. KC has no control over injuries or if a guy(Allen) is gonna get a big pay day and fall flat., Like him or not before the big contract he did show he could play....was he worth all that money I think now we all can say yeah but after losing Lewis I think KC made sure he was gonna help the CB position.

Now as far as 70-30 I will take that all day every day, show me a gm who hits 70%??? Also add into account we are not a big FA team and that shows how much more KC has been good. Also another thing to remember he deserves a ton of credit cause we have had a lot of legends here and to handle them they way he has while still respecting them is pretty damn good., Maybe to good.

As for how he handles the cap I will say that may be his weakest area, but good teams will always have cap problems. Now listen don't get me wrong KC has made some moves that made me bang my head...several times, but when you look at the whole picture it is pretty good, jmo.

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I think he is working on it but when he does someone will complain it wasn't a balanced diet........:shrug: :facepalm: :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    If there is a team in the NFL that has managed the cap better than the Steelers, I'm all ears.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    1. Secondary (new # 1 cornerback; add a young safety and a veteran too)
    2. D-line depth
    3. OLB (trying to get an additional edge rusher)

If KC can solve those three things, then that's all you can ask of a GM in one off-season.

*****By the way, I read that Reggie Nelson is leaning toward the Raiders. Damn.

16. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    For once, I would like to see the "70/30" crowd address this topic from the perspective of the other 31 teams. Show me, in complete detail (the same way Colbert is broken down, move for move, position by position, contract by contract), the better version/grass is greener performance.

Because I've looked for it. And it doesn't exist.

You know... the Pats went 10 years without winning a superbowl. And along that time they've made some questionable roster moves, really awful draft picks, etc. But there fan base doesn't think Bill Bellichick has weaknesses, or that he's 70/30.... they get it. Sure MT/KC have missed the playoffs a few times, and the Pats haven't. Big deal, they play in a division with 3 of the 5 worse run franchises in the NFL. We play with only 1. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    and again thats your opinion.:cool:

18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama DT A'Shawn Robinson visiting today.

Tyler Boyd said he visited a few weeks ago. (Doesn't count against the 30 of course)

19. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Boise St. S Darian Thompson has a visit scheduled with the Steelers.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    :thumbs_up: Nice

21. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Oh yeah. We all have our opinions.

22. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Forgot to mention Keanu Neal earlier. Apparently he'll be visiting in the near future.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Crickets

• Like Like x 1
  24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just playing devils advocate here, because I think Colbert and Co. do a great job. And I'll be the first to tell you I don't follow the salary cap/financials much, but Cincinnati is usually at the top in cap space and they have a pretty good playoff streak going. Denver is another team I find intriguing. I don't know what their future looks like but for all the big name veterans they have, they seem to be doing some slight of hand stuff lol. Carolina is another team who has a good GM. I don't know where they all rank (if they can be), but its an interesting question for another thread maybe.

25. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    What is the question?