1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Combine Visits and Talk...

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Feb 25, 2016.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The class of DT's keeps growing...........

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    D line (excluding edge rushers) and safety are pretty deep positions. It's nice that they line up with some of our depth needs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My friend Kevin Colbert does not draft by needs, always the BPA at the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    And that's why we have the least talented secondary in the league. In a league of passing, we have a bottom three secondary and then we all wonder why we can't get to the Super Bowl. Go figure.

Ryan Mallet comes in off the street and looks like Brady against us. Go figure.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Colbert has put together a pretty solid team.

Secondary is the last unit needed to be brought up to speed. Won't be much longer before the team is complete.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Stop wasting your time same crap every day, Colbert sucks!!!!! :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

7. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I would think so.

8. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    NY, be fair. I've grilled Colbert about the secondary. But I've also said that he has an above average knack in finding Wr's. I give praise where praise is definitely due.

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I will be fair you have said he can find a WR but those comments are few and far between. You continue to bash his draft at least his 1st round picks. You continue to bash our secondary (which I agree is BAD) and you very rarely talk about the good he has done. How about like turn a team that relied on defense into an offensive power house in a time when the NFL is pretty much cutting out tough defenses??? Or how about making some great picks so we could turn our very bad oline into one of the best in football? Even one better how about getting us a QB that is the toughest sob in the game that could handle all the hits he has taken over the years while still being one of the best in the business, fyi if we had a QB like Tony Homo he would get hurt just watching Ben get hit!!

Are you forgetting he is a GM of a team that don't spend money but always finds the key FA to fit? While being like that the draft is only 7 rounds and with like a 30% success rate you are never gonna be able to hit on everything. Now what you are also forgetting is we had some really big stars back there that got old and done all at once. KC also brought in guys Lewis(gone) and Allen(garbage) to help with that. This past draft he did adjust needs drafting 2 in the first 4 rounds, but then again one is a "hobbit" right??

Anyways my point is no matter what thread or who you talk with it comes back to the same thing with you....KC sucks and he can't draft hence the :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::beathorse::beathorse::beathorse:

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The strangest part to me, NY, is why people pretend that there are no good corners under 6 foot. Even after several are cited as examples, nope, you must be 6 feet or you SUCK! It's comical.

One nit pick above with your post, Rooney is responsible for Ben. He didn't want another Marino situation, they had their sights locked on a lineman I think, someone Cowher was interested in.

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I hear ya man I was not in favor of the pick myself but I am not gonna call him garbage until he at least shows us something. Now I am really hoping he ends up being a super stud, lol.

As for Ben I know but KC was here and if we(dean) are going to point out things under KC he don't have control of I will just make sure I throw everything back at him, lol. :cool:

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    lets be fair too that we got real lucky on the o-line. foster was an udfa. AV was a complete gift. beachum after much backing from myself (pat-pat) was a 3rd of 3 7th round picks that year. cody wallace was an left over after several other try's as a backup center. DD has been worth it. pouncey well we know his situation since being here. it took kevin years of our franchise qb taking a beating for him to luck into a good o-line. most of that was because we finally got a guy worthy of coaching them to this point.

the d-line has two good starters, but nobody behind them. the OLB spot is still in bad need of an upgrade. the ILB spot is aging and it's depth is near depleted.

sure the offense lookes high power, but that too is shakier this year because of injury, age and well, pot. it looks good on paper but...... i don't think near as good as even last year. we will see. one injury to AB and we could become very mediocre.

now the secondary.................. just sayin. :shrug::smiley1::cool:

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well Mac I agree and in this case we aren't talking about this coming year we are talking about the past and the fact that one person here keeps bashing KC. Luck has a ton to do with it both good and bad, I am not saying it don't but when one guy keeps banging away at our GM that I feel has done a good job it gets old after awhile.
    Hey I have an idea let's hire Chip Kelly and see how that works out, or how about the guy that the Jets brought in who killed the team, or any GM that the clowns have had.......we can do a whole lot worse. We are a small market team playing every year with the big boys, we do things thru the draft not spend spend spend, you have to have a pretty good GM to do that every year and stay competitive! JMO

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

our ownership and how (the rooney boys) were brought up being involved with the team and the scouting process (hands on), goes a long way into us being as stable of a team as we are. they wouldn't allow a chip kelly situation. :cool:

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Your missing my point or are you like another person but just don't want to come out and say you dislike KC? Yes we have the best ownership and a pretty darn stable organization, but at the end of the day KC has a lot to do with the talent on the field. I guess I see it different if you gonna sit here and agree with Dean......

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm just not going to give KC so much credit that he is undeserving of. 1st round picks are pretty easy to make. for all the good decisions he's made, he's made some head scratchers too. some of those go way too many years without addressing with as much vigor as i'd like. :cool:

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well again I agree he has made some head scratchers for sure none bigger then Archer. I am by no means putting him on a pedestal all I am saying is the continued thrashing of him is wrong, jmo.

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think some of it is due to the importance of certain weak positions and how they affect the overall team building process. for example keeping our franchise qb upright should have been a higher priority sooner. aging players that are declining with no depth behind them and no clear cut starter to take over. safety for example. KC seems set in the old ways sometimes longer than he should as the league is changing. this will be a critical draft for this team. i hope he's on his game this year. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Your all aware we have no draft choices from 2007-2008 draft years on the current roster.

20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Most teams don't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015

The whole "we don't have studs at every position" approach, always gives me a chuckle

We found some late round linemen, and you found a way to not give credit to the GM

We have 2 stud dlinemen and you found a way to complain about the depth.

We have a 23 year old and 26 year ILB with starting experience, and you think we are getting old

• Like Like x 1
  22. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    You can stack Colbert's draft resume against anyone in the NFL. Measure each pick under the same criteria, and Colbert measures out near the top of the class

Those judging Colbert without that context, have huge blinders on

• Like Like x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh no, Mac isn't a closet disliker of Colberts, he flat out doesn't like him :lolol:

And if we are really being fair, Colberts successes shouldn't be dismissed as luck.

Thank you. Wonder if people will still be saying that in 2020.

:this!: Took the words out of my mouth.

24. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Thank you. Nobody said Colbert was the worse GM in the league. But his overly neglectful way of dealing with the secondary for 4 years is startling to say the least. Last year, he did use to picks on two guys that I have little to no faith in. Then, people get upset that I say that yet Tomlin is out coaching WJ111 and having dinner with M. Alexander. So...are you going to get mad at Tomlin too? Because he's smoozing up to two guys who are obvious first round picks. So he's belief in Golson and company doesn't seem very high.

IMO we are the premier franchise in the NFL and have been for eons. But there are warts.

25. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I saw Tomlin schmoozing up Andrew Billings... It probably means they don't think much of Tuitt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1