1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2016 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 3, 2016.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I think he got all butthurt after the first pick was made for him and threw in the towel.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    They're yours NB.

• Like Like x 1
  4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    RB Derrick Henry still available.... my sheet cut his name off on the bottom otherwise he might have ended up in Baltimore. Keep that bama connection for Newsome.

5. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah. Pretty decent value if a team has a RB need and wants a powerful one cut kind of guy.

6. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I'll admit, I'm a bit iffy on my pick of Hunter Henry for the Rams. I haven't watched him since several weeks before his not-so-good combine. Ordinarily I'd go back and rewatch the tape and see if I missed something. However, my review of several games a couple of months ago showed a complete TE with extremely reliable hands (51 catches with zero drops statistically), good route running, and effective blocking in both the run game and pass protection. His blocking is far from dominant physically, but he positions himself well and gets the job done. I didn't rewatch any of those games, which I usually do at least once before grading.

The Rams have a gaping hole at TE. Kendricks is a decent player, and can be a decent #2, but isn't anything special. With a back like Gurley, it would help the Rams immensely to have 2 TEs who can be effective both blocking and receiving. It would allow them to play a lot of 12 personnel packages effectively, and make the opposing defenses pay if they stack the box against Gurley. Hopefully he's as solid blocking as I thought he was when I watched him a couple of months ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    I'm only going to say this once more.

Didn't know the draft was started.
    When I got an email I did try to log on, but due to that password malfunction that happened when TTF tried making that change I couldn't log in.
    I did not like the selection of a 2nd rounder made for me which is correct.
    I had a plan and it was changed immediately
    I enjoy good football/Steeler discussion and that's why I am on here.
    The draft was something extra that I've participated in and enjoyed doing in the past. But it is extra.

I do not appreciate that personal attack against me @strummerfan.
    I have not disrespected anyone on here before and don't plan on doing so ever.
    Would think that respect goes both ways.

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I thought it was a good pick. Joseph and Henry in the second is a pretty good combo.

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Lmao

10. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I think your evaluation of Darron Lee being a 2nd round talent is a little off. In most of the sites I follow, he is ranked no lower than 20 and has gone as high as 10. I don't think the pick was that out there. It may not have been the optimal one but it wasn't a disaster. Certainly not bad enough to abandon your team. Just my 2 cents.

11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I believe Green Bay is now on the clock for round 2??

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Sweet, that concludes round 2. Let round 3 begin! Tennessee is on the clock. @steelersrock151

• Like Like x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Nice job all let's keep this going.....

14. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Via PM, the Raiders GM is unable to continue due to things that have come up. Any takers?

15. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I won't adopt them but will try to make their picks when they come up time permitting, until/unless someone takes them on.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I will take them over if nobody else wants them, I hope we can keep this going would love to finish this up. Nice job everyone.

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    If it keeps up, we may even get down to slow, skinny FCS corners before our next pick!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Hey everyone. I hate to sound like a broken record and keep apologizing for not being around much this year. I've been extremely busy (plus sick for a period) and I will be going out of town on Monday for a little over 2 weeks...with limited access to the site (so please if you PM your picks, make sure to send them to any of the trade committee members also). So i just wanted to pop in now and thank everyone (especially TTF and the mods/etc) for helping and for everyone keeping this going. If things keep moving we should definitely finish round 4 and who knows about 5, which isn't too bad.

Thanks again and I'll stop in when I can!

• Like Like x 2
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am going to be away all day today(golf...lol) I am not sure when I will be back 5-6pm if someone wants to make the Raiders pick that's fine if not I will do when I get back. :cool:

21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I decided to double dip at safety for LA. Looking at their expiring contracts for 2017, strong safety TJ McDonald is up. However, they also have to extend Trumaine Johnson, Brockers and Ogletree. Also, in this draft I traded a 3rd for Mike Glennon, and he needs a contract. McDonald will be the odd man out when the beans get counted, so getting Simmons will give me a young, talented 2017 base back end of Johnson and Gaines at the corners, with Joseph and Simmons at safety.

22. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I see we finished the 4th round. Good job all!

I think we usually get into the 5th. Hopefully we can finsh it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yup, 5th is about the norm. Usually by now half the GM's have dipped out and a few people make the picks for every team, so it's nice to see that most have stuck it through for so long.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    @Blast Furnace nice pick on Hackenberg Blast.

Kinda kicking myself for not taking him the pick before with Chicago. Was such great value. Doubt I'll get to make the pick but there are 2 guys I like in the 6th if they were still on the board.

• Like Like x 2
  25. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Hey guys just got the chance to pop in. Looks like we almost finished round 5. Awesome job everyone, members, mods, etc. Thank you? Now back to the draft and my vaca!

• Like Like x 1