1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2016 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 3, 2016.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    since I drafted him for the Jets I better like that.....lol.

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    oh yea, sorry missed that lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Updated the tally in my OP.

Billings is leading the way with 6 votes and Apple is second with 3 votes.

Just a helpful hint for those new to this, keep tabs on the tally, I wouldn't waste your vote on guys you know won't win. If none of the guys leading interest you, then cast your vote based on the position you feel is needed more.

In the end, its your vote though, use it how you want. :smiley1:

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    My vote is William Jackson III CB Houston, and here is why after reading this:

They have a few choices here in Jackson, Mackensie Alexander, Kendall Fuller and Eli Apple who are all very comparable, but it seems Jackson could be Pittsburgh's favorite after GM Kevin Colbert, Mike Tomlin and their secondary coach all met extensively with Jackson at his pro day. Jackson is a six-foot cornerback who led the nation in passes defended last year and runs a 4.37 forty; what more can you ask for? Another name tied to Pittsburgh has been Florida safety Keanu Neal who would fill a need they have at safety. -

Please note yet another Neal reference......god I hope not!!!!

5. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm going by nicknames I can come up with and Slick Willie Jackson 3.0 is as good as it gets. But Eli Apple Pie came in a close second. That being said I understand the need for a solid NT to anchor the front seven but from what I have read Billings is lacking in the instincts and lateral dept. So, Slick Willie it is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    William Jackson III

Best cover man in this draft. Excels at off man and zone coverage, and tackles well. Big body that can match up with big receivers like AJ Green and ran a blzing 40 at the combine. Apple has some tools but he's raw. WJ3 starts day 1.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Kevin Dodd...

Edge rusher gotta be first

Cajun

8. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Andrew Billings

easy

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Tough one. I'll cast my vote for Apple, though.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Jackson making a run, race between Billings, Jackson and Apple so far.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So, I know there's no option to trade out of pick 25 in this mock. In reality, if we're faced with this choice of remaining players at pick 25, I'd really hope we can find a dance partner. For me, there's a razor thin difference between Billings, Apple, W Jax, Alexander, Dodd, Ogbah, and probably one or two other remaining players in terms of value for us. I'd much rather add a 3rd or 4th round pick and let the flow of the draft determine which of those guys falls to us than pick one of them at 25.

One other thing - I just read that Billings is only 19 years old. Yikes! That makes me feel that some of the issues that I see on tape are more likely to be fixable than I thought when I figured he was 22. It's also likelier that he's not done getting stronger, which is a pretty intriguing thought. I'm sticking with Apple, but I'm more intrigued with Billings than I was before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. winggin

Oct 23, 2011
    Hey TTF, instead of being a well-known member could I be a well-blitzed member. :tequila:

Thanks,

The Drunken GM.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Billings is 21 years old...

i think Billings is a top 10 talent in this draft. He has true super star potential. Eli Apple might be a very good corner, and we need good corners, but good corners in our system are not game changers. Billings could be a game changer.

He gets talked up as a NT... but he's a total package Interior Dline. He can 0 tech, 1 tech, and 3 tech. His raw power is off the charts. Ultimately, it would be fun to draft Billings here, because he's definitely not going to be on the board at 25.

Seriously... a nickel front of..... LEO Dupree, UT Tuitt, NT Billings, 5T Heyward... YES ****ING PLEASE.... PRETTY PLEASE

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    He's 21.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly how I feel. Plus, NT is one of the easiest positions to come in and make a difference immediately and as you pointed out, can play 1 tech and 3 tech as well. It will take Apple or whomever else much longer to learn our system at CB.

16. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Hmm, I'll have to get Ben Coleman's approval on this. As an offering to him, I submit this.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I voted Wil Jax 3 but really will not be upset if the pick is Billings. I watched some film on him and he even dropped into coverage....omg! I am happy with the selection we have and SE hit the nail on the head when he said trade back. I have been saying this for a while in a few different threads. I think if an olineman falls this could happen with the Packers also I can see someone wanting to come up and get a CB. jmo

19. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    The 3rd-4th round Talent in this draft is super weak, trading down isn't worth it... Especially with a talent like Billings on the board. I'd trade up for Billings.

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Your talking to the wrong man cause I highly disagree, I am a very big fan of Harlan Miller(if he last there), Hogan, Canaday, Vannett, Day, TJ Green, Scooby Wright, Woods, Byard, Ngakoue, & Martinez. That's just guys slated for the 4th round, Sean Davis played very good in both the sr bowl and shrine game and he is slated for a 5th rounder.......and let's not forget the gem of the draft.....Tyler Higbee!!!!! I know I am gonna catch some crap for the last name but I couldn't resist! :shrug:

21. winggin

Oct 23, 2011

Nice try TTF maybe other drunks will fall for the redirection play but not the Dru... Oh man he made paper people out of nothing!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think you're overvaluing Billings, but that's just my view. I won't repeat what I typed earlier in this thread, but suffice to say I'm not 100% sold that he will ever be more than a first down 2 gap stuffer. I definitely see his upside potential, but there are flaws that need fixing to reach it.

On the super weak draft class - disagree in part, and agree in part. I don't know that there's draftable players beyond the 3rd at some positions - WR and edge jump out at me as being particularly bad after the first handful of players. However, at some of our positions of need there is strong depth, particularly at safety. This is a very deep safety class that may produce multiple year 1 or 2 starters from rounds 4-7. We could stand to double dip at safety, and this is the draft to do it. I'm also intrigued by some of the 3rd/4th round corners like DJ White and Cyrus Jones (who is also a solid punt returner). Speaking of returners, if we are serious about Tyler Ervin, we'd probably need to make that pick in the 4th.

There's also the value of picking up a pick to obtain ammo to move up in the 2nd. If we could move back 4-6 picks in the first and parlay that into a move up 10-12 picks in the 2nd, that could be a nice option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd say we call it and move on. Been almost 24 hours.

With 8 votes, the winner is:

DT Andrew Billings, Baylor

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Was going to let it go until morning but you're probably right NB, been no further votes for 6 hours now.

I'll be ecstatic if we get Billings in the real thing.

25. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I Can rattle off a bunch of names too. It doesn't make the draft deep.

Trading out of a high tier player to get more low tier players is a poor draft strategy. If Billings was off the board and multiple players like apple, Dodd, ogbah, etc were all available, sure I'd consider trading down a few spots knowing that 1 of X number of players in that tier would remain. But Billings is in a higher tier plain and simple.