1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Watch Saul

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Anyone have the startup date and time for the new season of Better Call Saul? I love this guy. I even had an office a while back just upstairs from a nail parlor. Had to move though - the fumes were toxic. :zombie:

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I loved the first season. Can't wait for the second.

I just saw a trailer for it the other day. I believe it starts February 15th, the day after Walking Dead starts back up.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I can't wait for it to start too. IGN has been pushing it a lot here lately and I'm really pumped for it to start back. It's gonna be awesome because now he has truly turned to be Saul Goodman and apparently Pinkman is gonna be in season 2 as well and it was rumored from the start that Walt might actually be in it too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes it is Monday Feb 15 - check your local AMC listings - DVR alert -saw where they are re-running the entire Season 1 throughout the day on that Monday starting early in the morning (at least here on the left coast). Saul reminds me of about half of all attorneys I've dealt with over the years. :roflmao:

Semi related - still can't believe how the old dude in the rest home, Tio, blew up Gus Fring, the Chicken and Meth King near the end of Breaking Bad as Gus stumbled out of the room and turned towards the camera with a hollowed out cranium. Epic scene. :shock:

5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, that was pretty brutal, and a very memorable scene. Loved seeing Fring get his due.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah that moment in Breaking Bad was awesome. Also when they used the huge magnet to destroy the evidence. That was hilarious. My absolute FAVORITE moment in the show though was when Pinkman gave the epic speech to Walt in the desert when the rv broke down and Walt seemed like he was giving up. Then Walt tells him to gather certain things outside and Pinkman thinks he's making a robot to help them escape. LOL!

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Too many memorable scenes to list but it is interesting how you predicted that Saul will begin introducing BB hints and origins. Should be fun to watch unfold (kind of like they did with the TV Fargo making a few distant references to the movie).

8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    They mentioned that before the first season started. There were rumors that Aaron Paul had agreed to appear, along with a few other BB references to be upcoming.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Pleeeease tell me you guys are watching season 2! Oh man it has been awesome. Two words sum it all up. Squat Cobbler.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Watched the latest episode last night. I liked the Tuco reference.
    To (mis) quote an old commercial, "I like Mike!"

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah Mike is the man. I also bet Saul's Cadillac is about to show up as well since it's in the opening now.

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah that was hilarious and soooooooo Saul-esque. I had no idea where he was taking that whole scene. When the nerdy dude with the Hummer talks - don't you flashback to Fargo and think you're watching Jerry Lundergard weasel his way out of another corner. It's looking like Mike could almost spin off another prequel series - he's such an ugly likable menace.

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I did not get to see Mondays episode:frown:

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I also thought a lot about Fargo when I saw that character. I loved in the first episode too how when he got his new office there was a switch on the wall that said "Do NOT turn this off" and he just couldn't resist turning it off. LOL!

15. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought that the Cadillac was Harold's. I thought I saw it in an episode in season one.
    Ed Begley is great as his weasely boss. I want to see what repercussions Jimmy/Saul will have from running the commercial. I have a feeling the partners won't like it.

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It was in season 1. I just took that as foreshadowing though.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They didn't :lolol:

I would have gotten in trouble too, I thought he had the green light but I guess he should have let them watch it first. I feel bad for Jimmy, hes trying to do the right thing but it never works for him.

Mike is awesome, he could have his own show, great character. Love how they are tying Breaking Bad characters like Tuco into it. I imagine we will find out how Mike ends up working for Gus eventually.

18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    They did a little out of sequencing steps Monday night and I wondered how Mike's face healed so fast from one scene to the next but they had reversed the order of scenes - man he got pummeled. :club:

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I was gonna tell you if you liked Breaking Bad then Better Call Saul was required viewing. I really love it.

20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I could see Mike playing in a few roles like Charles Bronson in the Death Wish movies. Two likable ugly guys.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah or if they every did an origin film for Dr. Loomis from Halloween or Sloth from The Goonies.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, love the character. I caught the first few minutes of the first episode this season, I turned it off because I didn't want anything given away as I was still finishing up the last season of Breaking Bad. Was that scene post Breaking Bad? The way they do things out of sequence?

When he was going on the run in BB, he mentioned going to work at Cinnabun.

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah on the very first episode of BCS he works at Cinnabun and he told Walt on BB that "the best he could hope for at this point was to have a few pairs of Dockers and manage a Cinnabun". When I saw him wearing those in the first episode I cracked up. BCS shows Saul's whole story of how be became Saul but he is looking back on his life to see what has brought him to this point. That scene is the only thing to indicate this though. Otherwise it has all been set in the past. It's insanely awesome. There's a scene where he tries to build a law practice for people creating patents and he visits a guy about a toilet that can potty train and it's so funny that I almost fell off the couch the first time I watched it.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, things went bad for everyone involved with that show. Everyone who was involved with Walt had their lives ruined. Was there any indication of how much time had passed between Breaking Bad and that opening scene at Cinnabun?

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    No. It just picks up right there and that was it. It gets really in depth about his character and when you find out exactly why he wears the kinds of suits that he does you will be really laughing.