1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2016 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 3, 2016.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE CONTINUING

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages...TSF.com proudly bring to you…the Official Fantasy Mock Draft!! Yes it’s that time of year again...a time a lot of us look forward to...a time that helps pass the days pass leading up to the draft.

For those of you not familiar with this...it’s pretty simple. There will be a sign up period where you pick a team (if all teams are not picked, then some of us will take on an additional team)...then we go through the draft as they do in real life, each team has a time limit, if the the expires they will be skipped...and if they still do not pick by the time the next pick is in then ANYONE can pick for that team. When it’s your turn, you pick the player you think your team needs, simple as that.

Also we will be allowing realistic trades between teams involving player currently under contract to your team and picks from this year’s draft can be made (as long as both teams approve). However just like last year there will be a 3 person "Trade Committee" that has to approve each trade...you need to get 2 yes votes and the trade is approved. All trades are to be negotiated via PM but announced in public by both teams if the trade is agreed to (if there’s any of you who do not know how to PM or check PMs then ask someone). Please reference the draft pick trade value chart as needed http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php . Once OK'd by both teams then the "Trade Committee" will announce their decision. As a side note...if a committee member(s) involved in the trade they cannot vote on it.

Trade Committee (so far)
    TTF
    Steel_Elvis
    Blast Furnace

Alternate: SteelCity_NB

All teams and their players will be locked in as of when we officially BEGIN the draft...meaning if a team signs/cuts/trade/etc a player in real life it does NOT affect your team once we’ve started. Same goes with picks, those are locked in also. Only players who are under contract (for the 2016 season and beyond) or have been tendered RFA/franchise/transition/etc will count as part of your team. The ONLY thing that might change...is once the NFL announces this year’s compensatory picks (for rounds 3-7) those WILL be added in (which I've read can now be traded). I’m hoping by the time we'd get towards the end of round 3 they should be announced...if they are not announced by then we will add them in when we can (probably for the round we are on and the following rounds).

Also if you will not be here and your pick is coming up...you can PM your pick to me (or - ANY trade committee member) and your pick will announced for you...but keep in mind, say there are 3 teams ahead of you, then you would need to PM me FOUR choices (ranked by the one you want most to least), that way if someone takes one of your choices I'll go to the next and so on. If you do not PM me your picks and your time limit expires...then you will be skipped and if you haven’t picked by the time the next selection is made then ANYONE can be make your pick for you...but it MUST be a logical/fitting/etc pick not just some random player. Now even if you do PM me your picks and you're here when you’re on the clock you CAN announce it yourself.

Time limit per pick (by round):

1st - 12 hours
    2nd - 10 hours
    3rd - 8 hours
    4th - 8 hours
    5th - 6 hours
    6th - 6 hours
    7th – 5 hours

Also the hours of 12am-6am (EASTERN TIME) will not count against your time on the clock...so nobody will "loose" these 6 hours. However you CAN announce your pick during this time if you want to...but the next teams time will not start until 6am

There will be a separate post to ANNOUNCE your picks and we will also keep track of picks there.

For those new to this...look at how the others are announcing their picks...make sure the players first/last name, position, college and pick number (be it round 2 pick 32 or whatever)...and who is on the clock next are all in your selection announcement.

Teams are first come first serve, no if ands or buts about it...and that means in THIS thread only...no claiming teams in previous threads or any new threads that may come up or via PM...this is the ONLY place to claim a team. This is to be fair to everyone.

Nobody can claim the Steelers; we will be doing a voting system again that will be below.

---------------------------------------

STEELERS PICKS

Since there are a lot of us who want the Steelers each year (for obvious reasons) once again we will be doing a voting system. There will be a separate post for voting.

With that being said...here’s how its going to work (its quite simple). When we are no more than 3-5 teams away from each Steelers pick...you can begin voting. Only votes posting in public in the voting thread will count. You get ONE VOTE for ONE PLAYER...however...if you vote BEFORE the Steelers are on the clock and another team takes who you voted for you CAN change your vote to someone who is available. The Steelers time on the clock will IDEALLY be less than any other team...but it will depend on what time of day they go on the clock and how the voting is going/etc. As the Steelers are the purpose of this site...if we need a little bit more time for a pick...so be it (not like doubling the pick time or something but just a little overtime).

There will be no trades involving the Steelers as we've done in the past.

---------------------------------------

Remember...there will be a separate post to announce your picks in...also one for Steelers voting/discussion...and I will also have one for trades announced by teams and approval/denial from the Committee. This thread can be general talk about things, questions and anything else that doesnt below in the posts mentioned above.

I think/hope that covers everything (including the new stuff from last year)...however please refer back to these first few posts of mine...as they sometimes will get updated with new info/etc.

Oh yeah...please check your PM's frequently, thanks!

Also here is the link to the trade value chart again:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    TEAMS and OWNERS:

Tennessee - @steelersrock151

Cleveland - @blackandgoldpatrol

San Diego - @SC Gamecock

Dallas - @SteelersFanFromTX

Jacksonville - @winggin

Baltimore - @turtle

San Francisco - @turtle

Miami - @RPO IZSB

Tampa Bay - @Ben There

New York Giants - @TerribleTowelFlying

Chicago - @chitown steeler3

New Orleans - @blackandgoldpatrol

Philadelphia - @TerribleTowelFlying

Oakland - @centralpa007

Los Angeles - @Steel_Elvis

Detroit - @Blast Furnace

Atlanta - @steelersrock151

Indianapolis - @Ben There

Buffalo - @Blast Furnace

New York Jets - @NY STEELERFAN

Washington - @bignasty92

Houston - @turtle

Minnesota - @GB_Steel

Cincinnati - @SteelByDesign

Pittsburgh - N/A

Seattle - @58stillers

Green Bay - @GB_Steel

Kansas City - @SteelCity_NB

New England - @Steel_Elvis

Arizona - @strummerfan

Carolina - @SteelCity_NB

Denver - @NY STEELERFAN

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Woot! I'm in for the Giants as usual. Thanks for kicking this off, @gpguy!

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Think I had the Cardinals last year so I'll take them again

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I will take the Rams again.

6. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I will take the colts again.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Did the sign up period start?

I'll go back to Detroit this year, think I took Chicago last year.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I came late to the party last year and took Denver but I am open to any team. I was just wondering when this was gonna start. If you need help or need someone to take more then one team I could do it. This was fun last year but people died off like after the 2nd round, lol! Thanks for setting this up

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Naa, doesnt start dying off until rd 4 or 5 usually.

• Like Like x 1
  10. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    I'll take the Bears this year. Might as well take the team that I'm forced to watch by the networks.

11. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Always wanted to try this. Sounds like fun!

I'll take the Redskins

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Usually do the Eagles, but I'd love to try the Titans this year, if no one objects.

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not sure if anyone has the jets, giants or bills but since I am from NY and have o hear about them I could take one of them......I just don't want to take a team someone has had before. I am easy lol

14. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Didn't have them last year, so unless whoever had them last year really wants them again, I will take the Chiefs.

15. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Also wanted to pre thank Gpguy. Have been hounding these boards waiting for this to start up again.
    SO EXCITED!!! :applaud::dancing::clap:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    TTF is the Giants GM :smiley1:

Jets and Bills dont have any regular takers I don't think.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    No problem everyone...I know I haven't really posted since like preseason and such, but I'm still here and I had a feeling this would be my first posts/etc since then. I definitely couldn't do it without TTF and the other MODs/etc that help out with this thing. I know I couldn't do it on my own anymore with all that its grown into and such. So thanks to them too.

Also NY STEELERFAN just pick 1 team thats available (Jets and Bill are)...and you'll be good. If by some chance someone says hey I've been X team for years and you want to give it up and pick another, thats fine. Just pick one to get you locked in and go from there.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I will take the Jets, thanks.

19. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I normally take the 49ers, but in order to keep things as realistic as possible, I'm going to retire, right now, for no apparent reason.

The 49ers GM resigns with a proud record, having drafted virtually nothing but all stars:

1. Alshon Jeffery (boo-yah!)
    2. Philip Blake (bust)
    3. Chase Minnefield (injury bug... that's my story)
    4. Josh Chapman (Alshon Jeffery was good, right?)
    5. Derek Wolfe (ok, back on track)
    6. James Hanna

1. Star Lotulelei
    2. Terrence Williams
    3. Darius Slay
    4. Kenny Stills (oh snap I am on a roll)
    5. David Quessenberry (cancer!)
    6. Bennie Logan
    7. Ryan Otten (had to blow one to keep myself grounded)

1. Jordan Matthews
    2. Loucheiz Purifoy (wtf?)
    3. Marcus Martin (actually drafted by the 49ers with this pick!! And he is terrible!! Hahaha)
    4. Christian Jones
    5. CJ Fiedorowicz
    6. JaWuan James (actually drafted #19 overall! Steal of the century!)
    7. Ross Cockrell
    8. Alden Darby

1. La'el Collins (actually undrafted! Reach of the century!)
    2. Phillip Dorsett
    3. Denzel Perryman
    4. Javorius Allen
    5. Tyeler Davison
    6. Kevin White

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    No no no HugeSnack, don't step down take another team or something your input is valued...... :-( lol

21. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I usually take Carolina and I love this..... But I may retire, time is and has been the issue. If SC Gamecock wants the panthers then go for it and draft well..... or whoever else may choose them.

If we come up short on members choosing teams then I may come back to ensure a good competitive draft..........

Go Steelers!!!!!

Cajun

22. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks! I can't make the time commitment.

• Like Like x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Damn gonna miss you and Cajun.........:thumbs_up:

24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'll take the Ravens again. Try to make sure they draft all long snappers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Don't forget... You can never have enough punters. I hear there were some great ones in Divsion II and III last fall.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1