1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

7-Round Mock Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by 08SteelCurtain, Jan 21, 2016.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

my daughter in law to be tutored him at OSU in womens studies. the desktop was smarter. big arm doesn't equate to good. he was benched this year also for a reason. i'm not saying they have to be super intelligent but smart would help. :cool:

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I played around a bit, made a few trades and ended up with this:

Round 1 Pick 29 (ARI): Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State (B-)
    Round 2 Pick 25: Harlan Miller, CB, Southeastern Louisiana (C)
    Round 3 Pick 13 (L.A.): Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 27 (G.B.): Su'a Cravens, OLB/SS, Southern California (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 2 (TENN): Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor (A)
    Round 4 Pick 27 (G.B.): Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 30 (ARI): Jake McGee, TE, Florida (F)
    Round 6 Pick 16 (DET): Kevin Byard, SS, Middle Tennessee (B)
    Round 6 Pick 26 (DET): Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 8: Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 15 (DET): Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina (D)

3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I would love to see k.fuller and Cyrus Jones Alabama (as,can,kr,pr) in a steelers uniform.

4. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I think Jihad Ward will be a Steeler.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah draft a WR in the first rd who won't play except for special teams.

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    They met with Vernon Butler at the combine. Hard for me to see him lasting to our round 3 though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well if your a Steeler fan you know they don't draft a guy to start right away. The other thing is just because you have a strength in something you don't ignore it, This is Wheaton's last year you have Coates but when your an offensive power house you make sure you have the weapons. I understand you are not a Miller fan that's fine, if this kid lives up to what some say he could become, Harvin like I am fine with that. If not oh well, the draft is a crap shoot nothing is a sure thing.

8. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yup, I want them to draft a difference-maker first and foremost. If they are all off the board then they can delve into the specific needs and positions, etc. I would rather draft someone that can make an impact in a year or two than just a guy at a position of need. Miller might be one of the few impact guys on offense this year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not sold on Miller however with the NFL being a offensive league I am will to take the chance. I agree on not drafting for need.....that's what FA is for.

10. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm not sold on him either. Very few athletic freaks in this draft class.

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    At least on offense, I think the freaks are on the DL and at S.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You don't know if Miller can even run the route tree, at the combine he ran a 4.5 nothing special. He's a third rd WR and he's raw.

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

And you don't know that he can't, I guess we will have to see what round he goes in and if the NFL teams feel different. I think he goes in the bottom of the 1st, maybe top of the 2nd. No way with what I am reading that he goes in the 3rd.......

14. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    That 4.5 is good enough to be special when combined with his agility. I think AB was in the high 4.6's for his combine 40 time.

I'm not trying to advocate us drafting him but I think he's one of the few skill guys on offense in this draft that can be something in the NFL.

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he's one of those guys that will succeed at any position they put him at. he's a good athlete. he's just learning how to be a receiver and he can do many things to help a team on offense. he may not run as fast in a straight line as some but he is elusive and quick. there is a place for those types of guys. heck some teams may use him instead of a 3rd qb while also being a wr. he can run the wildcat for teams that use it. he could probably return kicks and punts at some point. the sky is the limit for a kid like him. it just depends what a team wants him to be and what he wants to work for. :cool:

16. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    If Colbert drafts Kendall Fuller, I'm going to throw my TV out the window. We don't need below 6 foot cornerbacks anymore. It's time to get a guy with all the measurables. Hight, speed, ..all of it. Eli Apple or Willie Jackson. Period.

17. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Fuller- 5' 11 1/2". Apple- 6' 1/2". Jackson- 6' 1/4". The latter two are potential NBA centers while Fuller is auditioning as a munchkin in the next Wizard of Oz movie.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    It's time Colbert goes agaisnt his usual script and uses the first round pick on a talented cornerback.

19. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    I think he would if one were to be available. I just don't think they feel whoever is sitting there will be worth the investment when other players are still on the board. I think we get another 2nd round CB this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    If Colbert doesn't take Jackson or Apple with our first round pick, then that tells me we are not serious in trying to get to the Super Bowl THIS year. We are not that far away. A good off-season can get us to the big dance.

We have Lord Of The Ring hobbits in the secondary. You need a guy who can match up against A.J. Green (who kills us everytime we see hm). We need to be able to match up somewhat against Green, Josh Gordon and Perriman will be healthy this year for the Ravens. Not to mention seeing Denver again and seeing Demarius Thomas. Our secondary has to answer the challenge if we are to seriously compete.

21. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I don't think this is factually accurate. If we don't draft a tall corner in the first, we aren't serious about winning now? Eli Apple is 20 years old. A young corner isn't gonna come in and be a lock down guy right off the bat. I do think we need to make a serious investment in the position, but to expect immediate return is foolish. I think they can come in and make some type of impact, but to think they will come in and be Revis right away is asking too much. We are in win now mode regarless of what position we pick in the first. We can upgrade our secondary in other ways if the right guy isn't there at 25.

Also, Idc about the height as much as you do. There are plenty of corners that are damn good that aren't the tallest. Haden and Revis are both under 6 feet, as is Janoris Jenkins, Vontae Davis, Chris Harris Jr. and Brandon Flowers. Norman and Desmond Trufant are exactly 6 feet tall. That's basically every top corner not named Patrick Peterson and Richard Sherman. Sure, it would be nice to have a taller guy but it isn't a dealbreaker for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Agree. Just because a corner happens to be 6' tall doesn't mean he's ready to step in and play at a high level. I think this corner class is incredibly thin in terms of guys who can impact as rookie starters. Drafting a guy in the 1st and then saying "you're our guy day 1" when he's not ready is a pretty big recipe for disaster.

23. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    You are being too literal. Apple and Willie Jackson have ball instincts as well as the measurables. They have the full package. That's what I"m referring too. I want the whole ball of wax. Football is a game of inches; and to maximize our chances, we need guys who can get in position to make those plays in the secondary. And a lot of the time, it's a finger nail away from making a crucial interception or tipping a pass.

To say that it doesn't matter if the cornerback is 6 feet or more is a joke. All the greatest cornerbacks are 6 feet plus except Darryl Green and he's an anomaly.

24. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    And the jokes we have in the secondary are ready????????????????? Really???????????????????

Give me a first round rookie cornerback who has the instincts and measurables and I can live with him getting better as the season is going along. Because he has ALL the tools. I've seen enough of Gay and company and no there is little to nothing left with them.

Atleast with a rookie, there is upside/room to get better.

25. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Darelle Revis is 5'11.