1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steven Jackson Looking Good

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers412, Jan 24, 2016.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not sure what your gripe is
    Toussaint and Toddman did really well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Steelers412

Steelers412 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2015
    My gripe is it cost us another playoff game. Biggest hole of the game and he is dancing, looking around, and holding the ball like a loaf of bread. He clearly wasn't ready. They had 2 months to get somebody ready. I want people to hold the coaching staff accountable instead of making excuses.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    They had 8 different RB's under contract this year. Nothing says "trying to get someone ready" like actually trying to get someone ready.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Have you not looked around and noticed that NO ONE, not a single persn has come to your defense in this whole thread? Not one single "like" or "agree," only people mocking you with the "hilarious" rating.

And that's actually hard to do. I guarantee you that I could make a thread about the most maligned Steeler in history, Neil Odonnell, and how he was the best QB form Bradshaw to Ben and how SB 30 wasn't his fault, and I'd get more support than you've gotten here.

That should really tell you something.

But please carry on with your all knowing genius and regale us with your potifications about the inadequacy of Mike Tomlin.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Please don't. :beg: Let this thread make it to page 2 already. ...Oops, I just brought it back to the top!:facepalm:

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The kid fumbled. Could've happened to anyone.
    Bettis in one of the biggest games of his life put the ball on the ground. Guy was a 13 yr veteran and in the top ten all time rushing.
    Fumbles happen. Get over it already.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Pretty telling.

8. Steelers412

Nov 2, 2015
    I don't understand how you can say you can complain about last years playoff loss but not this year because they got DWill. Yet, Bell was ruled out for the season Week 9. That left 8-9 weeks to find a back-up. It's the exact same reason they lost last year!! Just because you got a veteran back-up doesn't mean he's never going to get injured. That's actually all the more reason to go find a back-up for him and work them into the offense since he's a veteran and wasn't even expecting to play that much. Your logic makes no sense whatsoever. Welp we got DWill in case Bell gets injured. Oh no Bell is out well we got DWill. 9 weeks until playoffs. Do we need to figure out the back-up situation in case he gets injured too? He is a veteran. Nope, we got DWill. Win or lose we got DWill in the off-season it's okay.

I think it's apparent I'm way more critical of the coach and coaching staff that put the kid in his first professional football games in the playoffs. Yes, it was a horrible display on the fumble. But I'm blaming the coach that put him in that situation not him. That's why I said anything he does falls on Tomlin.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Absurd. So after Bell's injury.... DW basically had 1/2 a season to play.... and he played well.... so we are supposed to sign another 'quality' player and work him into the system? You would never work in a backup to Ben, would you? I mean using the same logic.... he's bound to get hurt.... so why don't we work Landry/Vick into the mix.... just in case? I mean honestly.... you could say the same thing about Landry Jones getting thrown into the Bengals game unprepared.... fortunately Super Ben came to save the day.

You can only go so far when you are relying on 3rd or 4th string players. Give it a rest dude.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I've seen some doozies on message boards... This one is up there

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Please can it be over? How about this: Next season let's sign every washed up(Steven Jackson type) running back who has veteran experience. Just litter the roster with them. Now can this thread be locked for F###s sake...

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You kidding, Im thinking of asking TTF to make it a featured thread, cant buy comedy like this!

Its also very rare that the board unites like this, no one agrees with him :lollmao:

13. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :roflmao::huh:

14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    True. I'm just wondering why the Bengals didn't sign anybody to replace Hill. I mean, if they had of, they probably would have won that game. Or what about Adrian Peterson fumbling in the NFC championship when Favre was the QB. If they had just cut him and signed a washed up veteran, they would have been going to the Superbowl that year. Or what about Santonio Holmes dropping that TD in the SB vs the Cardinals...wait a minute, that's not a good example and now I'm just making a mockery of this whole thread, which was my intention all along.

RB's fumble, it happens. One of the best in the game in Peterson is known for his fumbling. Would Steven Jackson or any other veteran made any difference in that game? Probably not. Even if that fumble didn't happen, it doesn't mean we would have won the game. If Ben had simply seen Heath wide open instead of throwing to Wheaton, maybe we win. If Wheaton had come up with that catch, maybe we win. If my aunt had balls...

We lost and it's not the fault of any single player.

15. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Whewww! You had me scared there for a minute. I thought you were gonna agree with him!:lolol:

16. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Please don't let this thread go.

At first I was like
    [​IMG]

But now I'm like

[​IMG]

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So if we would have signed Steven Jackson and he fumbled would that have been on the coach also?

It's great to have an opinion, but when it's not getting any support, (zero) maybe it's time to give it up or consider the fact that you may be wrong.

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No way. Don't lock it. This may be the only thread that gets me through the to offseason.

19. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Didn't TTF say this was a unicorn thread?

[​IMG]

20. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    We signed Todman before the season (vet backup), went through a multitude of practice squad RB's to find someone we actually liked, went ahead and signed Isaiah Pead off the street after Bell went down, and held what was basically an open competition between Todman/Pead/Toussaint to earn the spot backing up Dwill. Just because you didn't like who they picked, doesn't mean they didn't do anything to try to fix the problem.

Come week 8 there are only two types of players that are available to be signed... Old/washed up guys and practice squad guys. We went with a practice squad guy who had obviously impressed during practice. Washed up Steven Jackson wasn't gonna save our season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Especially considering how many people dislike Tomlin and how this is the perfect opportunity to pile on. And yet no one has.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    :mindblown:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I was thinking the same thing :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  24. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That's apparently not possible
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steelers412

Nov 2, 2015
    1/2 Season. Are you forgetting Bells suspension? He played way more then he or anybody expected. Quarterback is different. Rotation at running backs would help everybody. Maybe Bell isn't injured and missing the playoffs two years in a row and maybe somebody with 0 experience doesn't cost us the game. It's simple.

I never wanted Steven Jackson but I would have taken him over Toussaint or Todman. I wanted Pierre Thomas or Randle. Well I'm right so it doesn't matter. Your opinions is with Tomlins and two years in a row lost playoff games to running backs with 0 experience. So maybe the rest of you need to rethink your stance because I'm the only one that has a chance at being right. We know Tomlins way of running the starting running back into the ground hasn't worked.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2