1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cover-up in New England ???

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelerdavidismyname, Jan 13, 2016.

1. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    I know the Pats aren't our opponents this week. But according to the link below, Pats DE Chandler Jones was taken to the Hospital Sunday night, and that the Cops showed up at his home as well. But tried to exclude that from the report to keep it away from the media. And we all know Belicheat likes to cover things up. I wonder if this is a drug related Issue...will the league allow him to play ? He is their leading Sacker this year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...s-chandler-jones-had-medical-emergency-sunday

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Personally it won't matter. The Chiefs are going to beat them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm reading that initial indications are that it's drug related, but not PEDs. In that case, it would be his first offense, and he would be enrolled in the league's mandatory program, but not suspended. FWIW. It's all pretty murky right now, and there are indications in the media that the Foxborough police have not been forthcoming. Surprise, surprise.

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Well then they should drug test him on the spot but we all know that probably won't happen.

5. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    man I hope you are right but I seriously doubt it.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm honestly not gonna be surprised if the Chiefs get it done. I suppose if I had a gun to my head I might just pick them. Their d is really getting it done. I still think Gronk is something people just don't have an answer for and that's the ace up the Pats sleeve.

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Perfect old west analogy! Except, back then, if someone got caught with an ace up their sleeve there were dire consequenses.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    "Source with knowledge of the situation confirms it was synthetic marijuana that caused Chandler Jones' bad reaction and hospitalization."

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Why? It was marijuana, why on earth would that be deserving of an immediate drug test? Besides, the CBA may not allow such a thing. They can't just drug test whoever they want, they have to follow the CBA

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Did he have a Vietnam flashback and jump out of the sidecar of a motorcycle or something?

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Synthetic pot! I don't know what the CBA says about random drug testing but, 1) I don't believe pot is legal in MA. 2) In my line of work, anyone, from the captain down to the 3rd deckhand is subject to random drug tests by the Coast Guard. As it should be. Don't go to work high! Or drunk, for that matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I just don't see anything about the Chiefs that Belichick can't gameplan for. I hate to say it but thanks to a weak AFC and the Viking kicker things are lining up for another Pats-Seahawks match-up.

13. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Sure it was marijuana? Not a whole lot of people get rushed to an emergency room strictly over THC unless it's laced with something else.

14. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

That explains it. Synthetic marijuana is closer to PCP than it is to THC.

15. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Even still, whether it's pot, PCP, ecstasy, coke, etc. Whatever it is, if it's not a PED, I really dont' care one bit. I can guarantee that many of our players do illegal drugs. The last thing I want to see is a player get suspended for something that has no effect on his performance on the field.

16. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I agree to some extent but how does anyone determine whether the performance is not affected on the field or if it is? I have no problem if players want to smoke marijuana occasionally during their off time but it will eventually affect the on field performance if overly abused. Still it is far more better than the synthetic garbage out there that sends people to the ER with paranoia schizophrenic symptoms. All drugs including alcohol have negative affects over natural metabolism including HGH and PED's but I'd be ignorant to think that they are not commonly used among the majority of the players.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    It's a long off-season. I don't know why these dopes can't wait to use illegal substances.

18. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    You'd think with the millions of dollars that they would wait but they feel they can get away with using the synthetic (garbage) cause it can't be detected. Problem is that it is FAR worse than THC to the point that it very harmful with PCP like side effects.

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    GO CHIEFS, this year is your best chance to beat NE. You guys can do it,
    you have the defense in place(shut down cb's pass rush) to beat the Pats.

20. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    To that effect, it's a long season, and these guys are looking for anything to take an edge off the pain. I don't condone the use of illegal substances, but for these guys it may be their best option when you consider the risk of getting addicted to serious painkilling medications.

We won't hear anything about this as far as league punishment until their season is over.

21. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

And there lies the double standard...especially when it comes to the Patriots, and Belicheat! I wanted to wait lobger til I heard more facts when I started this topic, and now we know. That Synthetic Marijuna IS extremely dangerous, and more like PCP and LSD. And if this would have happened to almost any other player on another team....we would have heard from Goodell, or have heard about a fine/punishment. But as you stated.....Goodell will wait til after the season is over for them, and then he will address it.

Double standard 101

22. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    How long after Bell's issue was his punishment handed down?

23. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

Pretty fast but in Bell's case, he obviously was caught before cause he was already in the leagues protocol for Pot. But then again, Bell used regular...natural marijuna. Jones used the type that not only is undetectable in all league tests but a synthetic type that is very dangerous and more akin to LSD.

24. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm just saying, if there's a double standard in this case, how long normally after someone is "caught" with drugs are they punished by the NFL? You said pretty fast in Bell's case, but what is pretty fast? What about Blount? What about others? What is the normal time frame? Pretty fast is a subjective statement, I'm just wondering the actual date Bell/Blount were caught and the date the NFL handed down their punishment.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So did this guy punch Bill in the eye while he was tripping? :lolol:

[​IMG]