1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We really need to concentrate on Denver.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers can beat these guys, but they and the fans have to get over this Cincy win
    All hands on deck this week, the Denver defense is lights out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agree the team needs to focus on Denver which by all accounts they appear to be doing.

As for the fans, it doesn't matter one way or another.
    The game against Cincy is going to be talked about for quite some time.
    Fans looking back or looking past an opponent has zero impact on the outcome of a game.
    JMO

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Until the Denver game happens we're gonna mull over the Cincy game.:beathorse:

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think you mean MAUL AROUND!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah! That!:lolol:

6. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I don't think the fans have any impact on preparation for the game. Having said that, the defense will need to play the best game a Steelers D has played in a decade..heck, maybe the best of all time. I have a funny feeling they're up for the challenge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think our defense will surprise us again

8. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yeah i think the D comes up big again ..Call it a hunch but i think they will be able to jump routes and pick off manning or at least break a lot of em up..He just doesn't have the zip on the ball anymore ..

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Here's hoping the Steelers had the same mentality after that wild 2006 Colt's game where Cowher talked about the next game to follow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

This might bold well for our Defense this Sunday in DENVER against Peyton.....

BTSC Steelers @btsteelcurtain 46m

RT @perry680: This season Peyton Manning at home has 1 TD 8 INT and a QB Rating of 53! Just Wow @BFinn86 @btsteelcurtain

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Well they best play 4 solid quarters instead of 3.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I can name 4 losses this defense had where they weren't lights out, Colts, Chiefs, Raiders, and Steelers, and they had to go into overtime against a rookie QB to beat the bungholes, they may look good on the overall stat sheet, but I dont think they can be rated great by any stretch, Wade Phillips has been around a long time and his defensive schemes are nothing new......

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
    I see James Harrison is busy " TARGETING " Denver.

14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

It isn't a problem if the fans want to dwell on the bengals game as it has absolutely no affect on the team itself. The team moved past the bengals game on sunday

15. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think Cin has the better defense, but man we are banged up beyond belief. My emotions are like a roller coaster, not sure if the overconfidence will send donkeys home.

17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Nonsense, we prepare for the upcoming battle too!

18. I_got_a_steel_ring

I_got_a_steel_ring Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    No way Cincy has a better D. No way. I have watched some Denver games this year as my girl is a Denvrr fan. Their D is scary at every level and has depth. They have 6 very good to elite pass rushers (Miller, Ware, Ray, Wolfe, Jackson & Barrett). Their D line is beastly. They have 2 excellent safeties who they missed when we beat them (Ward & Stewart) and 3 outstanding corners (Talib, Harris & Roby).

I'm hoping for the best but if they get a run game going that lets their D rest up were are toast. Even if Ben, AB & DW play.

19. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

Well in actuality one must remember two things...Defensive numbers are all fine & dandy, but in the end what matters most is " POINTS ALLOWED " And in that area Cincinnati was better then Denver.
    Now normally I would defend Denver by saying Cincy got to play Cleveland and Baltimore's offense twice this season. But Denver got Oakland and San Diego which were just about as bad.

20. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    No thanks I'll let the team focus on Denver. I like to take it easy as I get older. The last time I concentrated heavily on anything, I got a nosebleed. Perhaps that means I was close to having pyrokinesis like in firestarter.

21. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Indeed! Do you the think the Steelers would have had a CHANCE to pull out the game against Cincy without all the positive attitude we had here.....before.....um......Shazier caused the.....fumble.......after Jones'....interception.....

Hmmm, bad example I guess, but we will definitely ALL play a role in the upcoming victory! (If it's a defeat then we can quickly point out whatever it is that Tomlin and Haley did wrong).

Looking forward to the battle as well! Steelers - Denver and Carolina - Seattle in the upcoming weekend. Something very familiar about that!!!!!!

22. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    More like Ashton Kutcher in the Butterfly Effect. Next time, can you go back and make sure O'Donnell doesn't throw that second pick in Super Bowl XXX? Thanks man!

23. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Good job - now everyone reading this thread will get a nosebleed from thinking about that again after blocking it out of their minds.

24. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    We're soaking up the Bengals victory because there's a very good chance this is going to be our last week of the season. All the injuries put a damper on expectations, even if you don't want to admit it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Guest

Guest Guest

Landry Jones at practice today. Oh, gawd! :facepalm: