1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Get this guy on the field Sunday!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelerdavidismyname, Jan 12, 2016.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Wow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah I'm still trying to digest Jesse James is uncoverable. I so didn't realize we had the second coming riding the pine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
  5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What the hell???

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I_got_a_steel_ring

I_got_a_steel_ring Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    I am entirely sorry. I genuinely had no idea you were a woman. I would clearly not have used that term had I known. I also genuinely just meant it light heartedly. Anyway please accept my apology. No offence intended

• Like Like x 2
  7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Broncos are to smart and to savvy for the Rookie . They have a very good DL which forces the TE'S to stay in and block a lot . If you look at the last game against them the Steelers had very little success when they went into tighter formations....When the Steelers went spread and got multiple WR'S on the field that's when they had success..

Don't get me wrong I really like the Outlaw , but this is not the Team to bring him in ....The Broncs have to figure Ben and Brown will be banged up if they even play with that being the case they will scrap most of the Zone stuff and walk the Safety into the box and man up with tight coverage ...We will have to beat them deep with speed ...

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Deep? Maybe if they play Landry but not Ben. Maybe he'll muster up a couple deep balls but wouldnt count on it often.

9. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    I really like Jessie James potential. Plus, he a LOT faster than Heath Miller.

10. BLACKGOLD CHAMPS

BLACKGOLD CHAMPS Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    I thought that they would have worked James into the system a little more than they have by now. Stick him in there. Let him have a shot with all the other injuries going in to this game.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, I wasn't wowing about that, though.

12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben will not play if he can't throw it 25 or 30 yards down the field.. He may not be able to throw lasers , but if we can't hit at least 2 or 3 lob type deep balls over the Cover 0 and Cover 1 they will employ we will have no shot to win this game...Probably will be easier for Ben to throw those Lob balls than it will to stand and drive them in , again if he can't throw the lob then he won't be able to play...

13. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm surprised he's been involved as much as he has been. Who would have thought he'd have a touchdown by week 9? I don't think most people even thought he'd make the roster. Having said that, I liked his potential coming out of college, and I'm glad he's been getting involved.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    For me, they're working him right. There was a sweet TE screen they ran a few games ago - didn't go for much, but it was a low risk, sensible short yardage play. Every so often Haley remembers we have some of them.

At the moment, they're using JJ a lot like they used Spaeth early on. So far, he's shown better hands, and it would be good if they can keep growing his role.

That said, Denver may not be the best time to do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Of course. No hard feelings. I should probably change my avatar so people know that I am female. I could use the name Sweet Cheeks as my new user name :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah I know TTF but I hadn't moved past that statement to the wow one yet. Once I digest that I will work on the WOW one.

17. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    I was stating a fact as it goes to the players who usually cover TE's, and that is LB's. And Denvers are very small. Now maybe Jesse is still too young to get meaningful PT...but it was just my suggestion. And I will also say that if Brown can't go, then Coates should be activated and play as well. He is like Bryant with his speed, height...although not quite as tall...and strength. Put him out wide and have him run a straight 9 route, and Denver HAS to respect it. That means there can be no extra man coverage on Bryant.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Wheaton is going to get a lot of work on Sunday, he has shown he can have a big day.

19. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Did you watch AB in the Denver game?

20. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

He will but if AB doesn't play, we can give him a huge advantage by having Bryant and Coates running deep patterns. Of course unless Ben can prove he is a threat to hit them deep, Denver might not commit too heavily.

21. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    No need to. Leave it to their imagination.:hmm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

where the f did this jackass come from.. lol.. I have been reading his stupid comments and insults for the last couple of days..

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who knows? But hey let's build a playoff game plan around Jesse James.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just read back through your posts before I made mine.
    You never mentioned that you wanted to see him on the field for a certain amount of plays.
    I was just letting you know that he did play Saturday night on offense. Am I a mind reader.

Then you insult me with that "limited"comment?
    If that's the way you want it then....

25. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

You are correct...I am sorry sir. I just personally feel that styles makes fights. And I just thought that a combo of Miller and James size would be a tough Match-up for Denver...especially if we are limited offensively without Brown.