1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Get this guy on the field Sunday!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelerdavidismyname, Jan 12, 2016.

1. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    I know he is a rookie, and he is young. But his size, strength and speed is just a Match-up Nightmare for the Broncos smaller LB's to try and cover. I think he and Miller together on the field can cause a lot of problems for Denver, and provide Ben to move the ball on shorter to Medium range routes.

http://withthefirstpick.com/2015/01/16/jesse-james-freak-2015-nfl-draft/

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    6-5, 6-6 and 6-7. all our TE's should be mismatches. this would be the week for 3 TE sets and play action.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Gonna be a lot of max protect...

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    How about get Heath going? He has been missing from our offense the last couple weeks...

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Honestly I'd rather feed Jesse James in the passing game. Heath can still find the soft spot in the zones and catch the ball, but he's apparently lost the ability to do anything after the catch. I wouldn't take Heath off the field for James, but if the two are in the same formation I'd look the way of The Outlaw first. We'll need every yard we can get in this game.

6. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Agree. I think Sandy Bullock's ex needs to be out there w/Earl.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He played some Saturday night.

8. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

I know. He plays ST. But I wanna see him lined up with Heath. Matt Spaeth is a joke really. No catches at all. Yes he is big and Tomlin thinks he can block...but I think James is just as good a Blocker. Jesse has legit 6ft, 8 height, and a 38 + vertical leap and super long arms...longer then most 6ft, 7 guys...like a 7ft wingspan. I know he is just a baby at 21...but man...his physical traits are just so enticing.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    he pl
    He played on offense Saturday night also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I have been thinking how the heck are we gonna pull this off without AB and a very hurt Ben. We are gonna need to dink and dunk so the Broncos are gonna be pretty ready for it. So what is the weapon we have that haven't used much and nobody knows about.....Jessie James!!! I think Heath is also key but like a few pointed out we need him to block cause the last thing we need is Ben to get hit. I think JJ can do the job while Bryant and Wheaton take the coverage else where. If we win this game it will because our Defense stepped up........and JJ and Toussaint are out top two guys in passing yards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

Let me make this easy for you...since obviously you're limited.....We NEED to get James on the field, and at LEAST target him 15-20 times alone. He is unguardable. A legit 6ft, 8, 270Lbs, 38 inch vertical with a 7ft reach. Just being on the field as a blocker or to give Miller a rest is not enough....especially against the Broncos secondary...who can pretty much take away Antonio Brown's game even when Antonio is 100 % healthy.

That, does that clarify it for you ?

12. I_got_a_steel_ring

I_got_a_steel_ring Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Really the best thing to do against the Donks is to win. Try not to lose. Although without Bell, BR, AB and DW I think we will lose

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I thought AB caught 16 passes for 178 yards last time we played them, .. doesnt seem like they took much away from him if you ask me

• Like Like x 1
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Mac I was thinking the same thing. With Ben's limited throwing downfield this would be the way to go. Max protect as well. Toussaint and Todman will get extra work since it seems that D Will won't play. Have to keep Ben clean.

15. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I really wish we would see the success that New England, Carolina and to some extent KC, Cinn and recently Washington has had using the mismatches these big TE's. Miller is such an underused weapon. I get that they often needs to hold Miller or other TE's in for protection but we need to use them more to take advantage of these mismatches. Especially if Brown is out.

16. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Where did you get that NONE of those players were playing?

17. I_got_a_steel_ring

I_got_a_steel_ring Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    I was merely saying that they may all be out. Or a combination of them may be out. Don't get all caught up on the detail sweet cheeks

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And leave the demeaning comments out of yours. She asked a question. Relax.

19. FeartheBeard

Oct 26, 2011
    Excuse me? You are new here so you probably don't realize I am a woman. DON'T refer to me as sweet cheeks. Ever.

• Like Like x 3
  20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

i'm sure they are though.:smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. FeartheBeard

Oct 26, 2011
    Well, not sure about that but, thank you :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

Yeah, against a Bronco secondary that was missing 3 of their 4 starters in the secondary, and they lost another one early on....I COULD have had those numbers AB had that day.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Limited?
    Says the guy who said Big Ben deserved to get hurt.

24. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

If that statement that night bothers you, I am sorry. But Ben, and more so Tomlin brought that on themseleves. Look, I am sorry if a 16 year old dies in a car crash...but, if that 16 year old was drinking...then yes, he deserved to die. And I would say that to his parents face...cause sometimes tough truth needs to be said.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm not even going to touch that one. Have a nice day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1