1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wishful thinking? The "updates" this week feel odd

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Frost33, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Maybe it's me just hoping that reality and appearance are different but I feel like the status of Ben, Brown and to some extent Williams, is really being talked up. Could this be part of a mind game towards the Broncos as they try to prepare this week? We're all humans (hopefully) so hearing that 3 of the Steelers top offensive weapons may be missing might lead to relaxing and overlooking them. Its not always conscious, but it tends to be human nature to do this.

2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    No I think you're right...talking it up (hopefully)

3. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    That human reaction you speak of might be offset to the revenge factor :p

4. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Like, I'm with Pacman on this one... I hope it's true that AB was faking it and now going through protocol as a cover up

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    THAT is the wildcard here (no pun intended). That loss wasn't that long ago and is still fresh.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Talking up in what way? Coach said he was hopeful about all of them, but didnt give definitive okay to any of them?

Either they are all out, but he just doesnt want to say, or they are all fine and just want to keep Denver guessing?

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Here is my best guess.. I think Ben will play . DW will not play ..AB won't get cleared..

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. blackNgold

Dec 15, 2014
    I think even if Ben can't go, Brown will. Landry Jones is more then capabable of getting the ball to Brown/Bryant. If they can get the run game going like they did against the Bengals we have a very good chance. We already know how dangerous Bryant is in space, and we know Brown is a monster regardless. One positive is that Landry played in his first playoff game and has to of somewhat shaken off the nerves with the intent to do better.

There's a ton of upsides to these downsides and I'm liking it.

9. blackNgold

Dec 15, 2014
    I think we've seen from this season that we will find out relatively soon if they are out.

10. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Yep and we run it 40 times, play Cowher football, keep it close and get a key turnover in the 4th quarter to pull out a win. Then they go into KC and get their revenge with a more healthy Ben, DWill and AB.

The Super Bowl vs Seattle sadly may be a different story...more to follow

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    mind games... can only hope for this. Steelers may be using whatever to help them? That or we are critically hurt

12. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    What game were u watching?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. blackNgold

Dec 15, 2014
    The two or three games you seemed to have missed during the regular season?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    i have to agree. No way you pit Jones vs the best D and not expect a pick or 10

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    x3

The games are more intense it's playoffs..He never learned to run the ball when the pastures clean, poor reads and no accuracy when pressured. What i seen last week showed me he's still not ready for the big league. I just don't have the confidence in Landry if needed under center sunday in Denver.

16. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Can you pass the pipe over to me please?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  17. blackNgold

Dec 15, 2014
    This thread is titled Wishful Thinking ;D

• Like Like x 1
  18. jwest21

jwest21 Active Member

Nov 2, 2011
    When I win the Powerball, maybe I'll buy the Bengals and cut Jones and Burfict...no, wait...maybe I'll just pay someone to throat punch them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    If I was a multibillionaire I would pay the top Steeler players out of my pocket to stay, and pay others to come to win a title lmao. totally illegal lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    How about 1 half? He looked really solid against Arizona... And that about it. Technically he had the game winning drive vs Oakland, but AB took him off the hook from actually needing to drive the ball down the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. blackNgold

Dec 15, 2014
    He didn't look bad at KC. It's not his fault the Chiefs destroyed the Steelers defense, but he kept us in it until the end!

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I guess we didn't watch the same game. Our defense bent a lot vs. KC, but didn't break until very late in the game after our offense couldn't get it done. Yeah, he didn't make a ton of mistakes in that game, but he also did very little to help win when you take into account the weapons he had at his disposal. He played well enough to possibly beat a team like Cleveland, but he's not going to even come close to beating Denver with that kind of blah performance. That's my point.

23. blackNgold

Dec 15, 2014
    Your right he didn't play like a super star and not to compare Ben to him but the last 3 weeks I don't recall much of an offense.

Last week they got into the red zone 3 times and converted once. Not to mention Ben threw a ball right to a Bengals linebacker. They could have and maybe should have lost for not executing when it counted.

At the end of the day I was just being an optimist, and if Landry has to step in we have no choice but to try and believe in him. Denver defense or not! Don't forget that Landry beat the cardinals by getting it into our playmakers hands. I still hope Ben can go though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Oh, no way am I giving Ben a pass for his recent, stinky play. However, Ben can explode and destroy a defense at any time. Landry is a long shot to do anything IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    You guys must have missed him n the 4th quarter of the last one