1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Mike Munchak be fined by the organization?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CoachD77, Jan 10, 2016.

1. CoachD77

CoachD77 Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Should Munchak be fined by the Steelers organization as well? I think he should, as a coach, you should never engage with a player like that. What are your thoughts?

2. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Can't remember - did the Steelers fine MT for impeding JJones on the punt return? If so, then yeah you almost have to do it just to show consistency.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I don't personally think they should, no. However, I could understand why they would.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    No. Nelson pushed Munchak.

If you're running into someone you grab their arms and brace them. You don't run into them and then push.

Nelson started it and ended it with a push and Munchak got flagged...

Nelson made no attempt to stop. He clearly was focused on harassing Todman 5 yards out of bounds.

I would give Munchak the first annual "Gator don't play no ****" award.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I doubt it but Porter will be fined by the league. They are already talking about it.

The NFL should fine Marvin Lewis for putting a bunch lunatics on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    I think the most surprising thing about the incident is that Munchak didn't rip out one or two Milli Vanilli hair extensions.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Marvin Lewis was also the first coach on the field.

5 seconds after the hit on AB Burfict was showing Lewis how he used his shoulder 10 yards onto the field at least.

Everyone saw this.

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This. Talk to him, tell him not to do it again, but leave the fining up to the NFL

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He didn't do anything egregious! I just watched a Ref try to get out of the way of Tyler Locket and he basically just shoved him down! It's normal reaction and that idiot was trying to stir crap up from the jump-off! Why do you think Heyward was coming over to block him from Todman?

10. blitzgirl

blitzgirl Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If the league fines Munchak, I will gladly donate to help cover it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah I don't see anything fineable. Nelson was moving toward the Steeler running back with ill-intent.

12. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Gotta say though... Porter showed more restraint than Munch did. When Burfit grabbed Porter's jacket, Peazy gave him a look that said "You must be f-ing crazy... I'll kick your *ss". Not that he could back it up but i cracked me up

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think Porter will be fined or maybe I should say I don't think he should be but who knows what the league will do, they are so willy nilly the way they hand out fines. If you look at all the videos that surfaced today, he clearly did not do anything to instigate the Bengals. If you are going to fine him for just being on the field, then every other coach that stepped foot on that field will need to be fined. Also, as it has been pointed out, a coach is allowed to be on the field if a ref allows it, they obviously knew he was out there.

As for Munch, if you watch that video, he initially was holding him up and then the dick shoved him and Munch retaliated. Now that might not be reason enough to avoid a fine, but it should be taken into consideration when deciding what to do.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He didn't do anything egregious! I just watched a Ref try to get out of the way of Tyler Locket and he basically just shoved him down! It's normal reaction and that idiot was trying to stir crap up from the jump-off! Why do you think Heyward was coming over to block him from Todman?

15. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Munch was the one run into, the flag should have been thrown on the bungles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Munch and "Jerry" Porter will be suiting up in the next Steelers-Bungles game.:hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Burfict benched 225 16 times. Peezy benched 225 35 times in 2006. Peezy isn't playing any more but he looks to be in shape.

I'd bet money Peezy would destroy Burfict. Burfict gets pancaked a LOT. He's basically an oversized safety.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I really think the Rooney's need to look at what transpired Saturday night in Cincy,
    and have conduct rules for all coaches working for them if they don't have already.. And this needs to be reviewed this week
    before the next game. We can't have a boneheaded coach blow a potential win for us.

And there should be consequences for these coaches if the rules are not met.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    No he should not be fined by the organization. He should on the other hand get a very nice bonus at the end of the season for what he has done with the O-line.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    give him a raise. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Steelers412

Steelers412 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2015
    I have to take off my black and yellow goggles for this one. I think Munchak stopped him from hitting a player then realized he shouldn't have done that and tried to grab his arm and pull him into the player. He didn't mean to grab his hair. I still don't think what Munchak did was worthy of a flag or fine. It all seems to based on "pulling his hair" which he wasn't trying to do.

22. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I don't think he intentionally pulled his hair. He tried to grab his arm and pull him out of there. Basically a reaction to the Bengals player running full speed into him.

BTW this is a well known tactic in football... you are running full speed and act like you can't stop so you can blow someone up on the opponents sideline. It never takes a player 10 yards to stop on the field...but on the sideline they suddenly have no control.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    No fine for Mike. And if they try to fine Porter, show them the picture of 9 bungles coaches on the field at the same time. If they all get fines too then ok.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Rhys Lightning 63

Rhys Lightning 63 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Same for Porter

25. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    Exactly! And even after the Shazier hit on Bernard there were Cincy assistant coaches on the field so don't forget to fine them as well

• Like Like x 2