1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Vontaze Burfict

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    PAC 12 teams figured out how to hit burficts hot button to their advantage, here is a paragraph from an AZ Central report in his junior year:

Burfict's behavior, at least in the media, seemed to get just as much attention as his performance. At times, his aggression was both his greatest strength and weakness, and over time it was easy to spot a pattern. Opponents would bait Burfict with a shove or trash talk, and more often than not, he would respond, drawing personal-foul penalties, an easy 15 yards.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yes where is that GIF TTF of the kitty cats laying all over the field. You know the one where Shazier went woozy lol

4. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
  5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

I listened to Marvin Lewis' presser yesterday or the day before, I forget, (yes, I'm obviously a glutton for punishment :lolol:) and he stated that he spoke to his team immediately following the last game regarding their shenanigans.

ETA: Oh, and someone also posted on one of the Bengals message boards that Lewis and Tomlin discussed this issue with each other and agreed to speak to their respective teams about it. I don't know if that's true, though, it's just what some Bengals fan posted.

We shall see...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
  7. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You don't see much of that in hockey come play-off time - a resulting PP could cost the game.

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I fully expect this to be tried by our guys. They would be foolish not to.

Burfict may be a thug, but he was literally all over the field in the last game. In on just about every tackle. They need to respect his physical strengths, and manipulate his mental weaknesses.

9. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012

I doubt the talks will get any traction on the field..it's still an erupting volcano. Steelers need to play smart and have no players ejected that would cost them the season.:nono:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    PP LOL

• Like Like x 2
  11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    speaking of crotch (heads)
    or them speaking
    what has pac man spewed
    this week

My first Darcrav post everyone, how'd I do?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Nice of you to try, but I knew exactly what you meant. Poor execution IMO ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  15. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The steelers fans got into the heads of the cincy fans ...:clapping:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

FINALLY - I've been published!

lol The funniest thing on that board IMO is the dude with the Rand Paul for Pres banner...and his reply. "what moron's" He supports Rand Paul. Who's the moron?

They do know the Bengals have pretty much lead the league in ex cons and scum bags for the past 10 years right? Ocho Cinco, Pac Man Jones, and Burfic just to name a few. From what I could tell every one of our fouls last game were in reaction to something one of their thugs was doing or did. Purposely diving at the back of a QB's legs in an attempt to end his season is beyond thug. That guy needs to be kicked out of the league. And before they bring up Kimo's hit... that was clearly no intent AND Kimo has NEVER been the kind of player to do something like that. Burfic on the other hand has had that rep his entire football career.

• Like Like x 2
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Bringing up Kimo and Palmer (legal by the way) is akin to me saying the Cowboys are a dirty team because they planted Bradshaw on his head.................30 years ago! And Tomlin being on the field on that return.....He scored the TD! How is that dirty? By making the guy juke 1/2 yard to the right?

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Unless you're the Penguins.....

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    wow, that's rich over there. They really can't see the actions on the field and spew hate everywhere. I don't hate other fans...sheesh. Hell they took my benign post and turned it into a hate fest!

edit: This one was good too. Tomlin cries on the sideline and gets incensed? A mysterious flag for a team being on the field during the play? Granted they got lucky, but it was still plain as day and they lost that game IIRC.

I agree Chris, let the game unfold as it will. I'd like to see somebody get a really solid hit on Ben early, but a clean one. Doesn't matter though, Tomlin has surpassed Harbaugh in the ability to cry and get incensed on the sideline. What I don't want to see is us intercepting one in the endzone, taking it the length of the field, and then a mysterious flag falls out of the ref's pocket after the play is over. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  20. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think Vontaze needs a prostate exam. :hehehe:

Paging Dr. Wallace! :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He should've got tossed last game and suspended, but we need to patrol ourselves and control our emotions because the refs will be calling this one tight to make up for last game

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  23. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    WOW.. Who knew this post was going to be so so appropriate? I don't know if I've ever had so much fun watching a football game. That one ranked up there with "the catch" in the Cardinals SB in terms of excitement.

I can't think of a game ever with so many emotions. Anger, hate, and happiness all at once.

24. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Hey great job, we've gone viral!

• Like Like x 1
  25. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    If only my psychic powers applied to power ball tickets! :facepalm::frustrated: