1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cody Wallace penalty

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Dec 21, 2015.

1. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    wutevs dude
    we'll just do the agree to disagree thingy
    atleast i'll enjoy watching this line perform without that overpaid overrated so called center

2. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    [​IMG]
    whaaaaaaaaaaat
    okay where's the fence

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    No one is condoning "thug" behavior. At least I'm not. But I understand why Wallace, in the heat of battle, could have taken exception to the hit on AB and made a split second decision to deliver a little immediate retribution.

I'd be losing my mind if Thuggs came in and drilled AB while one of the Rats DBs stood him up and painted a target on him!

4. Lambert's Lunatic58

Lambert's Lunatic58 Member

Aug 21, 2015
    I would have been upset if somebody HADN'T retaliated!! Protecting his teammate, that's part of Steeler football. You're not going to come into our house and try to intimidate one of ours. You'll pay a price. With our offense, not worried about the penalty yards. Loved the response by Wallace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they were still working AB over when wallace reacted so i saw it as borderline late. they were still going at it and so did wallace. he just went at it harder. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The hit on AB and the hit Wallace delivered arent even in the same ball park. Flip the scenario and that was a Rats game, youd be singing a different tune, you all know it. Youd be saying we were just tackling their receiver and then Thuggs delivered a dirty hit.

Its over, I dont care, just hope dummy doesn't hurt us with any more dirty shots. Cant wait for Pouncey to be back!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I see "dummy" out there playing his heart out and with a tremendous will to win, even if he may be a bit on the overzealous side at times. I'm sure AB appreciated the fact that Wallace had his back even though it may not have been the smartest thing to do. All I've got to say is that Pouncey better earn his $$$ when he does get back in the lineup! He's taking up significant resources which could be used to shore up the secondary!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    heck yeah I would be upset
    if we were tackling their receiver and then Suggs put a hit on one of our guys
    why the heck would he be on the field?
    then again he wouldn't be for long because he would get ejected for leaving the bench and entering the field and I'd be happy again

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Im sure AB would have appreciated the drive continuing and resulting in a TD!

Lets see how many more drives dummy can kill :lolol:

Not that it matters because you know, he plays with heart.

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Hey man . .It's cool. I don't think you have a chip lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm sure AB would have appreciated Ben not throwing the INT on the next play too! Of course, that was probably "dummy's" fault too in your mind.

How many drives has "dummy" killed this year? Are you keeping count?

What he may lack in talent he does make up for in heart and desire. The fact you can't give him credit for doing a more than adequate job in replacing the oft-injured Pouncey this season is puzzling. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

True and it happens pretty much on a regular basis to other players on this team without a penalty..

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You know Im just taunting you now dont you? :taunt:

But on a serious note, no, I'm not nearly as high on Wallace as you and others are. I don't care for that dirty stuff and he's a suitable back up, thats it, nothing more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd be disappointed if you didn't taunt me. ;)

As for Wallace, I personally think he's done a heckuva job this year filling in for Pouncey. As did Velasco, as did Legursky. That makes me question if we should really give a huge contract to a center when we have HUGE (with apologies to Donald Trump) issues in the secondary. Marginal talent has served us pretty well at that position. I just hope when Pouncey does come back he's able to stay healthy for the long haul and earn his hefty paycheck. But that's a topic for another day. :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/12/steelers-c-cody-wallace-fined-23152-broncos-week-15/

how about the shot 97 put on AB while his head was down? wallace really didn't get there as late and deliberate as some make it out to be. the play was in the process of happening in real time. it was slightly late but he was already in motion. AB was defenseless at that point too and his head was nearly taken off. i still say good hustle but slightly late. you are taught to protect yourself standing around the pile. i don't see this as that big of deal in real time. i think 97 was the guy he was shooting for. :cool:

16. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Wallace has been fined $23,152 for the hit. Thankfully, he wasn't suspended. According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler he was "remorseful" saying, "I was in the wrong".

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Pretty telling that he knows it was wrong.

18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like the thought and I like his heart , but he didn't hit the guy who hit his player .Nothing wrong with trying to get guys off his mates , but he peeled another innocent player off the pile and that was wrong...I am glad he understands...Some players just don't get it...

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    no doubt
    if only DHB was in on that play, then the blocking downfield would have been impeccable

• Like Like x 1
  20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    If DHB had been in on it, then Wallace wouldn't have had to come near them since he would already had blocked them all, and they'd be on their backs writhing in pain.

21. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    touchdown AB!!

[​IMG]

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Agree with this assessment. In fact I would go as far as to say the Steelers organization is pretty good at taking mediocre talent and making personnel more then serviceable

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    you didn't use the green font when you said it

24. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know. Have you ever done something that turned out to be wrong in retrospect but at the time you did it your motives were right?:shrug:

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well crap, he just threw a wrench in the works for all his supporters :icon mrgreen::popcorn: