1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cody Wallace penalty

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Dec 21, 2015.

1. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  2. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Wallace didn't have a nice JPEG to stare at like we do sitting here. At the speed of the game, in the heat of the moment, i could see where he thought that could be a dirty hit. Especially from his point of view on the field...being behind the guy that hit AB

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah. It was pretty crazy watching the two of them all game. They were both out of control. The two incidents are hard for me to compare since they were so different. I will say though that this isn't Wallace's first offense, so a suspension isn't out of the realm of possibility. Probably not very likely, but possible IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

3 sacks, 23 yards rushing, and how many holding penalties? This line is playing okay and that's about it. I'm sorry if you can't see the difference between the two, but there's a significant gap in their skills.
    And I'm still waiting for one example of his supposed off field issues. Not some bs that he stuck up for a friend and former teammate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I'm the biggest gator hater on the planet, but I won't make stupid baseless accusations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Did Wallace get his fine today? I expect it would be in the 12.5 K range. It was a cheap shot no matter how anyone analyses it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    just over a year ago he and his brother were in trouble for ganging up on someone in a bar in miami

8. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    it doesn't matter

I for one am glad and grateful for how Wallace has played and continues to play
    did I say continue to play?
    oh yes I did
    why?
    because the man can be on the field every game
    UNLIKE ......
    tada!!!
    CC
    CASE CLOSED

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Awesome post :applaud:

I'll add that we can't be hyping Heath as the model Steeler and then turn around and condone thug behavior.

I'll say it again, this board would be losing it's mind if Suggs drilled one of ours like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Sorry pal. They were accused and after a police investigation it was dropped. Try again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    You can lead a horse to water...

tada
    case closed
    you're full of it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    and yule be wrong

13. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015

Ben threw for 380 and we scored 34 against the number 1 defense. Ben had 55 attempts so 3 sacks against the number 1 D seems inline for the number of attempts. The O line has to get some credit for those numbers.

Williams was also sick all week.

14. nofieldfive

Sep 28, 2015
    if the hit on Brown was so obviously dirty then why did the 6 or so Steelers standing within feet of the play not get upset? seems odd Wallace is flying full speed ahead and sees something the others much closer did not notice.

15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I believe OBJ had 4 personal foul penalties. He absolutely deserves to be suspended. If you suspend Wallace for what he did then the league better be ready to suspend multiple players each week for similar offenses. Shoot, let's just suspend every DB that gets a flag thrown on them for hitting a defenseless receiver. That's thuggish behavior, don't you think?

16. nofieldfive

Sep 28, 2015

if Beckman and Wallace both killed the guy they hit on those plays....Beckman gets first degree murder while Wallace gets homicide.

17. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    The point is that Greene did some things on the field in the heat of the battle that were over the edge. The fact that he regretted it later doesn't change the fact that many around the league felt that Greene was a dirty player, especially in the early part of his career. He's the greatest Steeler of all time. Wallace is a garden variety workhorse who is getting, IMHO, unfairly crucified for trying to protect a teammate. And my opinion has not changed one iota since I started this thread, Jaws, er, I mean TTF. ;)

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

I think you must be watching your Steelers collection from the 70's :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    OBJ came back to Norman and earholes him helmet to helmet
    OBJ specifically went after Norman and ear holed him with clear intent to harm. Wallace made an out of control dive at the pile a split second after AB gor stood up and hit. I doubt he was even aiming for Bruton, never mind Bruton's head. He was out of control, and it was dirty, but it want targeting a specific player with a clear intent to harm.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm thinking involuntary manslaughter for Wallace.:lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. nofieldfive

Sep 28, 2015
    ya...that's the term i was looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  22. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    [​IMG] Pouncey just looks funny too.

23. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    I think we drop the s

involuntary manlaughter

24. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012

I love your little cheerleader you have

he didn't stand up for a friend or teammate he supported a MULTIPLE MURDERER
    Pouncey has character issues
    the bottom line he is paid too much to do too little and we should have traded him before the contract
    but we'll see I just feel he is a non factor and it seems that way too because the line is doing great

25. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

As per the norm, just pure bs from you. You wouldn't know great line play if Munchak gave you lessons