1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cody Wallace penalty

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Dec 21, 2015.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Glenn's chip. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Bronco's 97 did go for the knock-out blow to Brown! I can't stand it when players from other teams are taking cheap shots at Ben and NO offensive lineman defends him. I don't condone Cody's illegal hit, but I DAMN sure appreciate him sticking up for a fellow Stiller!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That's all I'm saying. It was a bullcrap hit by 97. Wallace screwed up and didn't take it man to man to 97. He came flying in not under control and hit the wrong guy.

4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    you don't have to watch 25 hours of film per week to notice Cody Wallace in a negative way on the field. When CBS cuts to a replay of Ben getting sacked or Ben eluding a pass rush to make a big play, it's usually 72 who didn't get the block. Sometime 78, but he has a little bit more of an excuse (and has been an overall much better performer). I'm glad Cody is playing his heart out. He's performed alright when you hold him to "back up quality". But just because our offense is performing well in spite of him, doesn't mean that I need to see him as a better player than he really is.

Sweet. AB and DD speak highly of a teammate... They're his teammates, of course they will speak highly of him. The bengals players speak highly of Burfict. I'm just saying.

And I'm not calling him a criminal, but I will call him a thug. His history in our uniform defines him that way. He gets a lot of PF penalties, and that doesn't even include the colonoscopy or some of the other fights he has started (like the one last year during an extra point against the Ravens). I'm not saying he's even a bad guy. He just plays football in a very dirty way. Idc how hard AB gets tackled, someone had a chance to take a legal shot on him and did. The retaliation isn't to target some random players head and try to put him in the hospital. That hit is about as dirty as it gets in today's NFL. It's also the type of play that Bengals/Browns/Ravens fans will point to when they say we are a dirty team, and in that instance he proved them right.

Wallace is not the type of guy I get super excited about representing our organization. I think highly of the Steelers and that hit disgraced our franchise.

5. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    and Pouncey doesn't disgrace the franchise in THE LITTLE AMOUNT OF TIME HE PLAYS

WAIT WAIT
    we don't count off field probs we just IGNORE the inability to be onfield to have problems

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    So you believe that Pouncey has a say in whether or not he gets injured?

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

What off field problems?

8. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I am guessing that supporting a friend who is a murder suspect is what she is referring to. Unfortunately I would probably have a similar "off field problem" too if that situation occurred to me. If he's my friend and he said he didn't do it, I'd believe him...

Pouncey was wrong about his friend, but that doesn't make him a bad guy.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    He went to Florida. ;) Darcrav has a bit of an irrational disdain for Pouncey.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Not even close. OBJ flat out launched himself helmet to helmet into Norman's earhole.

However, Wallace's hit was stupid over-aggression IMO, and a fine is fully justified. You can't be hurting your team with that type of stuff.

11. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    oh stop it
    I love john l williams

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    I guarantee he comes back as a lazy fat ass

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    How are they not close? They are exactly the same thing. Wallace flat out launched himself helmet to helmet right into the crown of Bruton's helmet. If OBJ deserves a game, Wallace absolutely does too.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    quite a bit

15. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    CHARACTER?

16. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I don't ever remember him being out of shape? It certainly didn't cause either of his recent injuries.

And if you're willing to guarantee it, then you have to be willing to guaranSHEED it. You're a Tar Heel... Has Rasheed Wallace taught you nothing?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    He's an a-hole because one of his friends is?

18. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    OBJ was a problem all game long.. seriously, the whole game man. People need to stop comparing the two incidents. OBJ was throwing hands after almost every play and ran half away across the field to deliver a helmet to helmet hit. The suspension is taking all of his actions into account (throughout the whole season OBJ has been getting way to excited). Wallace hit a guy late , one time. Wallace deserves the fine for sure.. However, He was looking out for the best player in the NFL. Wallace doesn't even crack the top 5 dirtiest players list in Steelers history. I can think of some Steelers that are worshiped for doing the same thing wallace did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    he's from philly

20. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    we'll see

21. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah, but he played for the Tar Heels! You only like the UNC players from NC?

22. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    how could anyone not be happy with the way the line has played WITHOUT THE HIGH DOLLAR INJURY PRONE "SO CALLED ALL PRO"?
    come on it is a blessing we now can afford to drop the lame Pouncey

23. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    no we stole quite a bit from your neck of the woods
    thanks

24. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    uva?
    that's grape in Spanish
    squashed

25. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    There's so much to reply to in this thread it's difficult to address it all.

I think every Steelers fan who's seen anything on NFL Network about Joe Greene know about that stuff. I've watched him play many times. I've seen and read interviews and first hand accounts in books. He even condemned some of the things you mentioned that he did out of anger. I bet you couldn't go on for a while. ;)

It seemed to me like you're using Greene and Lambert under logical fallacies to convince us that we should be OK with what Wallace did, because of something Joe Greene did decades ago.
    You feel more strongly about him than I do. I don't think he's a thug, but you're spot on with many of the points you covered.

I don't watch "25 hours of film per week" nor do I "wanna be" Ron Jaworski. I'm not sure if I should take offense to that. :lollmao:

I've played and coached. I don't see giving a pass to anyone on the field because anything goes during the heat of battle.

I'm curious, JA. How has your opinion changed from when you started this thread? Since it was based on a false perception of what happened?

2015-12-22_1918.png