1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cody Wallace penalty

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree with jack. They were holding AB up so a bigger guy could drill him. Wallace in his mind was sticking up for AB. Don't think it was targeting because he hit the wrong guy

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am not going to get bent out of shape about Wallace hit. It was provoked and he was defending his teammate(s). We need more players that are willing to protect their own . I like Cody Wallace. He shows alot of grit and toughness..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    You need intimidation out there. I'm glad he made the hit. He thought AB was wronged, so he was looking out for a brother. made a statement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    That's not what happened. At all. He wasn't standing him up so the other guy could hit him. And the other guy didn't drill him in the side of the helmet. It was helmet to shoulder. I'd be happy to make some gifs upon request. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I hated the hit by Wallace. Thought it was stupid and dirty. Killed the drive and looked like something a Bengal or Raven would do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Oh yes, I love his nastiness. This guy is a steelers and a steal at center. He did the right thing in letting them know that you're not gonna hurt our stars with cheap dirty shots. Phil Simms called the hit legal and dogged wallace

7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm amazed at how many people watched that play and think it was a dirty hit. It wasn't dirty, cheap or illegal. It was a perfectly normal hit on Brown, something that happens every week

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015
    how does anyone know he was protecting Brown - is this message board talk or did Wallace himself come out and say that? I say he's piling on with or without any play on Brown...he's not going to be in a position to react that fast.

if this happened on the game winning drive - that catch put us on the 30 for a game winning field goal and Wallace gets a 15 yard flag backing it up to the 45 and no field goal - losing the game. does Wallace still get the support for
    making such a great play?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    There wasn't a cheap or dirty shot on Brown and he wasn't being held up. The guy was trying to strip the ball. The cheap shot was by Wallace. There's a difference between playing hard and playing dirty. Wallace plays dirty. His first two penalties yesterday killed drives.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I thought it was a cheap shot by Wallace. Something Burfict or Suggs would do. You want payback on some rough tackling on AB, then remember the guys number and clean his clock the next time you get a chance while the play is going. Don't hit some unsuspecting guy near the pile who had nothing to do with it. Intimidation doesn't have to be synonymous with dirty.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I've played baseball as a kid and adult, softball as an adult, soccer as a young adult, Football as a kid through HS, Hockey as a teenager, basketball as a kid through HS, track as a kid through HS, Flag football as an adult and have coached Basketball, Football, Novice trainer for Quarter Midget racing and currently coach Baseball and don't at all agree with your stance on this subject, so please don't lump me in your "those of us who have participated in sports" category.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I mostly agree except I'm not 100% sure Wallace was targeting the head. In OBJ case he was actually going at a guy he had a beef with (which is still not right) but Wallace was just diving into a group of opposing players. Total Bush League move.
    Kinda like "You sucker punched my buddy so I'm going to sucker punch your buddy" Stupid!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Cheap, dirty, classless, and (hopefully) heavily finable. Total A-hole move.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I doubt the hit by Wallace had any affect on the Broncos receivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Here's a gif. My computer is updating, so there's a couple stuttery parts, but it gets the job done.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He may be suspended for that?

17. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Pretty different to me. Wallace was acting in the moment to get after guys who were getting after his guy. OBJ basically drove his car on to the sidewalk to run down a guy he was fighting with earlier in the day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    It's possible. I'd guess he just gets fined, but it's surely a possibility. Not what this team needs right now.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah that would not be good for us, but couldn't really blame that one on Goodell.

20. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    That's what I said. I just thought it was a stupid and undisciplined play. The margin of error is extremely thin for us right now anyway and the last thing we need to do is beat ourselves. The pre and post snap penalties are within our control. We even had a couple of false starts yesterday. At home. In a major game. We really need to start getting a grasp of situational football.

21. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Gotta go with TTF on this. OBJ was suspended because he had multiple penalties (against the same guy?) yesterday... it was a pattern... like Burfcit's. That's not what happened with Cody. I also though the hit on AB was legal... AB was still engaged and fighting... 97 came in to whack him and hopefully dislodge the ball... nothing wrong with that play.

Having said all that, I'm not gonna pillory Cody for the shot... it was a "statement". Was it dirty and unsportsman-like... yeah I'd say it was but i'm not so sure it wasn't called for (and I'm very conflicted as I type this)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually the ref told Jack Lambert he was ejected on that play and plead with the ref a little and the ref said "Well if you don't wanna get ejected get over there and don't do that again!" and Lambert said that he then went "Yes sir!" I remember seeing that on like some "Greatest Games" feature or something like that.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So OBJ was suspended?

24. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah and his appeal is gonna be heard Wednesday.

• Like Like x 1