1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cody Wallace penalty

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    In today's game lambert would have been peantalized for defending our kicker. I thought it should have been offsetting penalties because the bronco hit on brown was dirty. That said I like that Wallace defended brown, although the 15 yards sucked.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Exactly, he is a Real player go to flag football with Roger Goddell if you dont like nasty and good players.... Next question

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    What Wallace did really didnt bother me, in fact i wished a few more players on this team played with a lil nasty streak in them

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I can appreciate the sentiment, but are you going to give him a pass on the holding penalties too? The guy has been flagged 12 times already and it seems they're always in crucial situations. I don't care if it's this year or next, but I can't wait until pouncey comes back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I cant wait for Pouncey to come back. It was a dirty and cheap shot on a guy that had nothing to do with the hit on AB. Cost us 15 yards and a Int on the very next play.

And as someone else said, we could lose him for a game when we absolutely can't afford it. I hate how stupid our players can be. That reminded me all to much of Kemo, he did that crap all the time.

Theres a difference between playing hard nose football and being dirty. He creamed that guy dead on in the helmet. If another team did that to one of our guys, Id be livid, you all would be.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Seems an awful lot like the Odel Beckham hit in the NYG game. Late to the party, payback hit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I'm watching ESPN now and they are talking about Wallace's hit and some are comparing it to Odell's hit. They are saying that if they suspend Odell, Wallace should also be suspended for his hit as it was equally malicious.

8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm more perturbed about the holding penalties than the hit.

Go back and take a look at 97's hit on AB, Blast. It was absolutely helmet to helmet after the DB had stood AB up. AB could have very easily gotten a concussion from that and how would we all feel if AB was taken from the game and put into the concussion protocol with his availability this week in doubt? As far as I'm concerned, Wallace simply meted out immediate retribution for a hit designed to hurt one of our own and to intimidate us in our own house. This ain't tiddly winks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    You were watching tim HUSTLE off. Who has hated the steelers since we slapped his big brother all around Forbes Field. He wants Dr. Wallace to examine him

edit the hustle is as in street hustler

10. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    It was great to see Merril Hoge go right back at him!

11. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Wallace is a dirty player.

What else would you call a guy who sticks his thumb up another player's ass?

Just because I'm a fan of the Steelers doesn't mean I have to be a homer and I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.

Steelers need another C because Pouncey is often hurt and a huge cap hit and Wallace is often beaten and takes stupid penalties.

Wallace had 25 yards of penalties yesterday including a hold where he was beaten really easily.

Wallace had 2 false start penalties in the same game a couple weeks ago... as the center. Wtf?!

Wallace has been a solid backup and I enjoy watching him level players but I admit he is dirty.

You can't have an OL who drive kills with penalties regularly.

Give Munchak a new center to work with that has a low cap hit or a rookie next year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He didn't even hit the right guy.
    Dumb thing to do.
    You might be ok with it , but I bet the NFL isn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    The NFL isn't okay with a lot of stuff I'm okay with. I'll bet they find a way to fine James Harrison over this!

I'm also not okay with a DB from an opposing team standing our MVP up while a guy that outweighs him by 70 pounds takes a running start at him and goes helmet to helmet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd call him a guy who wants to win at all costs and who thought it was a good idea at the time! :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I saw it on his n hers. Got to see Hodge later I hope

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm not okay with opposing teams standing up our wide receiver either, but that doesn't make what Wallace did OK. Again if he would have hit the player responsible then maybe most are going to be OK with it, but he hit An unsuspecting player in the head.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    That was one of the dirtiest plays I've seen in a long time. Totally unnecessary. That's the kind of thing the NFL needs to get rid of completely. A big fine will work, but I'd rather see him suspended for a game. It totally disrespected the opponent, it disrespected his teammates who play hard and within the rules, and it disrespected a first class organization. Makes us look like cheap shot thugs.

Idk how so many people can defend the hit, even as fans. That was the most disgusted I've ever been with a steeler in over 20 years as a fan. It's totally indefensible. He should be suspended. Had that been a steeler who took that shot... screw a suspension, I'd be calling for the guillotine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    How was it dirty? The whistle hadn't gone yet, it was a perfectly legal and clean hit. Wallace came in late and drilled a guy in the head that wasn't even part of the play. How the hell can you seriously say there should be offsetting penalties?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Except you're forgetting that the hit on AB was perfectly legal. It was a hard hit during the time of play. It's either legal and clean, or it's not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    What Wallace did is no different than what OBJ did yesterday to Norman. Don't give me that **** about sticking up for your player. Both Wallace and OBJ targeted the head of a player that was not part of a play and they intended to hurt that player.

21. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015
    for the complaints about Burfict hit on Ben last week - Wallace - and Beckham's hits were just as bad. no place for any of it.

suspend and fine them all....and I like Wallace but he's got to control himself.

22. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    The NFL makes such a big freaking deal over "hitting a defenseless player". How much more defenseless can a player be than to be held up by a DB and drilled in the side of the helmet by a guy who outweighs him by a Sherman tank AND who has a running start?!

23. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I like Wallace too and maybe he does need to reign it in a little, but I can understand in the heat of the battle how you can be totally torqued about the other team trying to take your ticket to the Super Bowl out of the game! I'm not a proponent of dirty play, but those of us who have participated in sports and have a competitive streak understand that things happen in the heat of the battle at times that we may look back on and regret later. I'm just giving him a break for trying to protect his teammate.

24. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    AB was not defenceless based on the rules. If that is the case, that would mean you're not allowed to hit any player currently tied up with another defender, as he'll be defenceless. AB was still on his feet and got hit. It was a normal football play. What Wallace did was cheap, dirty and dangerous.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Too many posts to reply so I'll put it here.

First, those of you clamoring for old style football, I miss it as much as anyone, grew up watching it, prefer it to the watered down version of football we have now but stop dwelling in the past and using it as a justification of what Wallace did.

And secondly, the AB hit was not dirty and I didn't even flinch on that play but I did shout WTF when Wallace came in trying to kill a guy. Again, those bringing up old style football are waxing poetically for it but then cry about a football play on AB which was nothing compared to what Wallace did, so which is it? I mean its football, do you want them to ask permission before they touch Brown? Excuse me good sir, would you mind if I hit you ever so kindly? Give me a break you guys, it was a football play even in todays standards thats not a penalty, so what does that tell you? Wallace was defending no one, hes just a dirty dunce who hurt his team with that stunt.

• Agree Agree x 2