1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else have connection issues today?

Discussion in 'Need Help?' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Dec 13, 2015.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I know this doesn't belong here TTF but I'm curious if there was any known issue recently and/or today with accessing this great website? Not sure if it was a West coast issue or a satellite internet issue but after I started the gameday thread and made a few posts - couldn't get back in until a few minutes ago. I could connect to every other website that I tried and even went over to (God forgive me) the Steeler Fury site (man they curse a lot over there and no filters). It's even OK if you tell me that everyone voted to secretly ban me during game time - I just gotz ta know. :shrug:

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    No idea why you'd be having issues. Everything ran smoothly here and I don't see any abnormalities in the server log.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks - the problem still happens randomly - not sure if it's that ad blocker message which I've set my blocker to allow or something else. It only happens with this site. Weird. Keep up the great work Sir.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It wouldn't be related to that, but I'm confused. If you've set it to allow, you shouldn't be seeing that message. What's even more confusing is that you shouldn't be seeing that message when you're logged in since you're a TSF Supporter anyway. Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Can you tell me more about your setup (browser, extensions etc)? Maybe I can sniff something out.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're correct - the ad block message only shows up before I sign in - then goes away when I sign in - I did go in and allow this site to unblock ads but I'm not sure that auto updates keep those preferences. I'm using the latest Firefox (it updates automatically) - but I did try the new MS-Edge and couldn't connect with that either. My OS is Windows 10 with another major update within the past week. I also run something called Quick Clean within my McAfee Security software and it regularly deletes temporary files and cookies etc. I also have history delete all files when I disconnect from the internet. Not sure what extensions I'm using - some of this gets beyond my pay grade.

When this sort of thing happened in the past with any sites, it usually happened with multiple sites or all sites which narrowed down the problem to either my internet service provider (Wild Blue/Excede) or Firefox. So this is different and so specific. I was having trouble a while back with MS Office not working when I upgraded and contacted tech support and the guy accessed my internal drive an moved totally unrelated files around and deleted files I didn't even know I had and he fixed the issue in about 20 minutes. It was amazing to watch although I was so fearful that it was a scam or something but all ended quite well. Thanks for all you do Steve.

Mr Ed