1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Seattles 15 man team

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by fbsketcher, Nov 30, 2015.

1. fbsketcher

fbsketcher Active Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Was very clear that they had the men in stripes playing on their side. Horrible officiating . Think that one of the refs still had some turkey grease on his fingers every time he set the ball for our snaps.:steelflag:

personal foul against the qb on the side line , he wasnt even touched as he was falling.

I am seriously beginning to feel real football died in the 70's-80's , and now we have something run by sports agents and the control booths.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I always try my best to not "blame" the refs, but yesterday was some horrible officiating. Yes we shot ourselves in the foot plenty of times, but even then we would have still had a fighting chance if the refs hadnt of been on Seattles payroll. It was sickening to watch!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steelers 59

Steelers 59 Member

Apr 18, 2015
    After watching the game I came to the conclusion that it was against the rules to call pass interference on Sherman. He could GRAB, PUSH, MUG, and IMPEDE receivers but would never get called.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Irony of ironies. In SB XL, the Seahawks fans were whiners and crybabies for blaming the Zebras.

The refs weren't great yesterday, sowhat else is new? But ifyou're going to throw 4 picks, if you're going to let the other guys covert 3rd and 10+ repeatedly, if you let the other guys score 39 pts; the refs are well down the list of problems.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Agree totally. And the PF on Wilson was actually near-justified. He was heading out of bounds, there was no real reason for Timmons to shove him - that's just asking for an extra 15.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Bull**** if you are in bounds you are a target. Timmons clearly hit him in bounds.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Still nothing illegal about it. At all. It was a BS call among a plethora of horrid non-calls.

But our secondary lost this game.

3 turnovers lost this game.

A horrible trick play hurt our chances.

Turtling when the game was on the line and laying up for a FG on 4th and 2 lost this game.

The refs sucked. There was definite home cooking going on. But we lost on our own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    That's what I was about to say. What happens when the guy heading out of bounds pulls up and gains more yards? Or throws a pass for more yards just before going out? The defense has to make sure he goes out. It wasn't a blatant hit out if bounds. The slight push started in bounds and carried into the white. The refs blew that call.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    How the hell does that shove in bounds draw a 15 yard penalty? Also, how the hell does a whiney bandwagon fanbase take away my right to complain about ridiculous officiating that affected the outcome of the game?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Our secondary lost this game. The officiating was its typical horrible usual Sunday calls but you can't turn it over that often and expect to win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    2 of our stars suffer concussions, no flags......smfh. Refs across the league are atrocious. Dilfer, who i do not like, said the product we see now isn't football anymore. I wdn't go that far, but it isn't t extreme. and that is sad.

12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    You can't blame the refs, when you turn the ball over 4 times.

Chuck Noll used to say you have play better than the refs, ref.

13. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Never said it was illegal. I said it was near-justified. Use your head in those situations - he's headed out of bounds with clear momentum taking him there - and you shove him? Stupid play, regardless of the call.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    A million times this. It is unbelievable what he gets away with and the announcers praise him for "leaning on receivers" etc.

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Seattle just plays the averages. They don't care if they get flagged for PI once twice three times a game. They are betting the majority of the time they won't get called and they are right. The refs simply won't throw flag after flag after flag and until ol Roger starts throwing hefty fines at them they will continue to do it.

16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes you shove him out of bounds. If Wilson doesn't lose his balance and go down we aren't talking about this. Timmons didn't extend his arms and shove him maliciously he pushed him to make sure he went out. Wilson fell that's what drew the flag and it was a mistake.

17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I honestly believe they gave Simms a memo saying don't make a big deal out of all the illegal shenanigans that will be going on. I remember him having to glaze over Cromartie tugging on guys jerseys to keep up with them a few years ago.

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Am I the only one that thinks there should have been a flag for Heath getting a helmet to helmet hit in the first qtr? Later they took him off the field for concussion protocol. It definitely seems there are different sets of rules for various teams.

Not using the refs as an excuse for the loss but it's frustrating watching this game sometimes with the overall inconsistent officiating.

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They call that a penalty in the NHL.

It's called "Embellishing"......He took a dive to get a close call that the official not near the play called due tothe way it looked. The one on top of the play knew what happend, but was overuled.

Shermans first pick after AB "tripped", was ridiculous! He's clearly grabbed across the body while Sherman is looking in the backfield, which makes him "trip". Shereman doesn't do that and AB blows by him due to his positioning. Meanwhile, he's being praised for his prowess in shutting hime down.

Ben's concussion came from a guy leaving his feet and launching into him with the crown of the helmet. Harrison get's ejected for that hit guaranteed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

No but you sure as hell can blame the refs for not protecting players from injury

21. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Going to drop this right here again.

Richard Sherman singing his own praises again after his defense was torched for 450 yards and he was the benificiary of several non-calls including his first INT.

22. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I don't like the refs either, But I think if you're a good enough team, you come to play expecting to overcome inadequacies by these refs. I don't want to be lumped in with Seattle whiners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes but you also have an expectation of a level playing field. With such a huge gap in the interpretation of some of these rules it makes it hard to not have them impact the outcome of the game. Add to that the fact that one team plays the percentages and banks on the refs not calling their illegal plays it is hard to play your best and have the outcome determined by the team that executes the best.

24. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    How many times you see guys like Wilson, Kapernick, Newton going to the sideline and the defender ease up. Then the QB sticks his foot in the ground, pivots left and picks up another 10 yards? If he is inbounds he is allowed to be hit

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Or does like Brady and flings the ball for a first down while looking like he is going to step out.