1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This Loss Falls On Antonio Brown and His Need For Stats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers412, Nov 29, 2015.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd say the loss of Miller changed the complexion as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Good point.

3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    That is a huge reach. Ben likes throwing to AB too. You can't say any ball thrown to AB was a product of him being in Ben's ear. He usually gets targeted on like half our pass plays (not an exact stat, but can't be too far off), but today he wasn't targeted that much for the number of balls we threw. Lots of targets to Marty, Wheaton and the TE's.

I don't know how you could chalk any of this up to the "selfishness" of a certain player. This is why I usually stay out of gameday threads after a loss. Sometimes we post something emotional and end up looking ridiculous.

Defense was the number one reason why we lost. Coach Tomlin's two mistakes are up there too.

Basically we scored 3 in the red zone too much and couldn't stop the Seahawks from scoring TD's. That's why we lost.

4. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    So was Jesse James lobbying hard to take over Heath's role or was he just discussing signals with everyone?

5. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    So was Jesse James lobbying hard to take over Heath's role or was he just discussing signals with everyone?

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    How much do you think was due in part to the 200 that their running back put on the Niners. They got down near the 30 and everyone was thinking run and it was pass every single time.

7. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ultimately all wins and loses fall on head coach but I put this one on the defense. Maybe they were put in bad positions, I don't know. I seen alot of confusion in the secondary. I seen alot of missed tackles. Stupid penalties.
    I also seen the coaches, Tomlin and lake, chewing butt on the sideline so that tells me they tried to get them to play. Bad game overall for the defense.
    You can point to coaching decisions if you want but if u think a fake field goal or kicking a field goal late cost us this game....you don't understand football.

Players have to play and today the defense forgot to

8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It's certainly possible. Most of the big plays seemed to be blown coverages tho (minus the last TD which was poor tackling). I could be wrong, but it looked like the Defensive issues were mostly execution problems.

9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I disagree. They still had two large white TEs who were both getting the "HEEEEEEEATH" cheer after every catch.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben was trying to force the ball to AB :facepalm: and the result was 2 ints.

11. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Blaming Antonio might be the craziest thing I've read here (besides, let's sign every over-the-hill, over-hyped free agent).
    Sherman was mugging him all game, and getting away with it.

The way too obvious fake FG was a key, but we still had the lead way after that.

We scored 30, against a weak offensive team, and lost.
    Easy to figure out.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I might agree with this, but not with the claim that it was done to 'keep Brown happy.' I think they just tried forcing Brown into the game plan because of his talent, rather than realizing they could have effectively rolled them up with Wheaton/Williams/Miller (James)/Bryant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree, not sure if AB was in Ben's ear about getting him the ball, but Ben did force too many throws to him as he was getting man handled by Sherman and the refs were letting them play. To me the coaches should see this and talk to Ben about it. Maybe they did as Wheaton was thrown to more, but I believe they could of thrown to Wheaton all day and forget about making AB happy or his stats.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't mean Ben was forcing the ball to AB to keep him happy, but it still was a bad decision by Ben. Sherman did a good job on AB, Ben needed to look elsewhere.

15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    There were forced passes, there were bad calls, there was garbag to be spread around on D... We abandoned the run and made stupid calls, and couldn't tackle good night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Ben is also responsible for 30 points. 30 points is plenty, 8 interceptions or 0.

17. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Seattle lost Graham and that didn't stop them...

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Good thing Blake didn't go down with an injury, that could have cost Seattle the game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah if you wanna see a Blake highlight reel you should look up the highlight reels of the guys he is playing against. LOL!

20. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    with all the bad calls bad coaching decisions the only thing for sure is this team cant and will not win with the def backs they have on this team.the nfl is a passing league and the only real problem with team team is they can make every QB they face look like joe montana.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think you'd be better off blaming Ben for his pre-conclusion symptoms.... When he threw those back to back picks. Sheesh. That and some very inconsistent home town referee calls.

22. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Then you don't seem understand the impact that turnovers have on the game. There is a direct correlation between winning/losing and turnovers.

Obviously, 30 points wasn't enough to win. Some weeks 30 points may or may not be enough to win the game in today's NFL. It's possible that if the Steelers didn't give the ball away 3 times (4th TO the game was over) then 30 points would had been enough to win. We will never know. It's a fact that if the offense continues to give the ball away they will have very little chance to make the playoffs.

23. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Didn't really stop Pittsburgh either but it changed the complexion as I said. Instead of Ben looking for his reliable target on the seam route he tried forcing the ball a couple of times to AB, he found Wheaton, didn't throw alot to Spaeth/James/ Nix/Williams only really looked at Bryant on deep routes. So it changed what was working very effectively to some less reliable stuff

24. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Can't blame Antonio on the game.

The game plan clearly looked like it was geared towards Heath and Wheaton. AB was just the decoy. After Heath went out, and we stopped running as much, our offense looked one dimensional.

If I was to criticize AB for one thing, it is I thought he would have played better against Sherman. To me AB is the best WR in the league and he got manhandled for the most part.

25. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Bull ****. Loss was b/c tomlin refuses to pkay a good DB named Boykin

26. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It goes deeper than just one CB. Will Allen has lost a step or two back there. As with Cortez Allen, the Steelers gambled on Shamarko and lost.