1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This Loss Falls On Antonio Brown and His Need For Stats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers412, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Steelers412

Steelers412 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Offense was grooving in the 1st half. No doubt in my mind he was getting into Bens ear about getting the ball. 1st int Ben was going to force it to him and it slipped out then the 2nd shouldn't have even been thrown and he fell. He also got exposed today as not having an ounce of toughness in him. His role in todays game should have been decoy and they win.

I refuse to place this loss on the defense. Coach T's stupidity got the Seahawks their first points and momentum. Turnovers and dumb decisions kept giving them short field.

Order of blame..

1) AB's selfishness
    2) Coach T's horrible decision making
    3) Defense

Thoughts...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben threw the INT's so................ The defense didn't play well enough so.................

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    39 points allowed. Nothing else needed to be said.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Even on a short field, the defense still has a job to do.

They failed. All night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Instead of a gimmie FG we run a ridiculous fake fg. that turns into a TD for Seattle. thats a 10 point swing. That bone head decision and then the mentally retarded decision to kick a FG with 3 min left on the 5 pretty much sealed it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelers412

Nov 2, 2015
    Yeah.. Well when you have somebody in your ear begging for the ball.. Sherman locked him down.

How many points off turnovers?

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They didn't turn the ball over in the endzone did they? Ill give them a pass on the fake fg debacle but they still failed miserably.

Your AB claim is pure speculation.

8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    total team collapse for the second half.

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't think AB's selfishness played into it at all. I think the fact that he got schooled by Richard Sherman had something to do with the loss. The much anticipated battle between Sherman and AB was clearly won by Sherman.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    new guy here im sure we all felt the same way the entire fourth qt knowing this def couldnt make the big stop.its nothing new until they get a true secondary we can all expect the same thing we seen today or last couple of years.as for tomlin if you have the guts to make all them calls early in the game but not when the game matters in the fourth i lose some respect for you.im talking about the last fg my opinion is they should have went for 7

11. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    We know why they didn't win:
    1) Didn't play winning football in all 3 phases
    2) They're not perfect
    3) They'll watch the tape an own it
    Blah, blah, blah...

12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah your right AB is selfish he needs to ask to play defense cause we don't have anyone that can cover back there!!!! I can't believe you are going to rip AB for **** you know no idea on. Did you see something on the sideline or did the announcers say something cause I didn't see or hear any of that. We lost cause our pass D sucks, our coach feels the need to call stupid **** like a fake fg at the wrong times or places.....and last cause we got about from the quick pass that was working so well in the 1st half! Oh yeah and did I mention we can't stop the pass?????

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :lollmao:

14. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben is a big boy and leader of the offense. WR's beg all the time. That doesn't mean the QB needs to force him the ball.

The Seahawks defense performed just as poorly as the Steelers defense. So the defensive performances were basically a wash.

Ben didn't do a good job taking care of the football. Ben didn't take care of the ball vs Cincy and as a result the Steelers loss that game.

Turnovers change momentum, limit a teams ability to score, and give the opposition the opportunity to score.
    Whether it's a close game or sh oot out, the team that takes care of the football has the best chance to win. That's the true impact that turnovers have on the game.

15. Steelers412

Nov 2, 2015
    Defense started with two stops. They held them to 0 points in the 1st quarter. Seahawks didn't start clicking and get momentum until Coach T stupid decision put them in the redzone. Held them to 10 in the 1st half. 3 n out first drive of the 2nd half. Then another 3 n out. Ben tries to force it to Brown and intercepted. They got the ball at our 30, two plays and touchdown. Steelers get ball and punt. Defense gets ANOTHER 3 n out. So Ben is like yay, I can force it to Brown again.. he falls on his face and intercepted. They start with the ball on our 40, touchdown. That's 24 points right there and none of it is the defenses fault.

We know what this defense is. They aren't amazing. They are bend not brake. You cannot put them in those situations and expect to win. As AB would say.. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude I've not even read the rest of this thread yet but come on man. Seriously? Dude we lost as a team. This was a team effort in losing. From the coaching all the way down to the playing. We had a great game plan on offense. We moved the ball up and down the field. Our secondary is just garbage dude. Notice how their guys picked off passes, batted down passes, and played tight coverage. We didn't and don't do that.

17. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Loads of issues. The defense collapsed completely (how many busted coverages did we have?) and that was a major problem, but the OP's premise is plausible, and I actually believe it. I'm not ranking the problems, but I think that was one of them.

AB wasn't getting the ball and he wasn't getting stats, and to the layperson that would look like Richard Sherman shut him down. I know Sherman would say so. The thing is, why challenge Sherman when the rest of the offense is carving them to pieces? If our offense couldn't produce outside of AB, then he'd have a case. Then we'd get to see a battle royale. After all, he was beating Sherman sometimes and just not getting the ball (because Wheaton was shredding them). But if it's not necessary and we can move the ball at will, why even play that game?

Ben's two INTs were just horribly forced passes to AB. He wasn't open on either, and both were easy INTs for the defense. The first one, there were actually two guys in place to pick it. How's that happen on a called running play? There was NO reason to make those plays, and while I'll never have proof, both passes reeked of "trying to get ___ involved in the offense." Something we had no need to do. And yeah the defense collapsed, but we'd have won anyway if we'd taken care of the ball on offense instead of turning it over multiple times in our own territory.

I don't know if AB actually pulled him aside and asked for the ball, but I am positive there was a pressure in the atmosphere to make it happen, to keep him happy.

18. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    There is blame to go around for sure. But the secondary should give back their game checks after tonight's miserable performance. Receivers running through wide open zones downfield all night. On one drive alone, they gave up two 3rd and 10s and a 3rd and 18. And 0 turnovers forced. Pitiful.

19. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I really clicked into this thinking "Are you kidding dude" but this is a worthy point, supported by a solid argument. I still put the loss on Tomlin, the defense, and to a much lesser degree Ben, but yeah AB was poor today in several aspects.

20. Steelers412

Nov 2, 2015
    Offensive gameplan was amazing in the 1st half. Ben was moving the ball around to everybody. Brown was the 3rd or 4th look and wasn't getting the ball unless completely open. Something changed in the 2nd half... It became get AB the ball.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    39 points, Im not going to make excuses for that.

What changed is they started getting to Ben.

AB was a non factor but Wheaton picked up the slack.

22. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Im not sure how Ben is to a lesser degree when turnovers are generally the most important factor in deciding the outcome of games? See Cincy for another example. Tightly contested game. The Steelers had some momentum. Enter in the turnovers. Win for Cincy.

23. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The whole thing today was they were going with the hot read. The hope this gives me going forward is that now maybe Wheaton has shown enough to draw some extra attention to then allow AB and Martavis to have even more space.

24. Steelers412

Nov 2, 2015
    I agree. He was a non factor and others were picking up the slack and they were up 8. So why did he start getting more looks in the 2nd half? When they already saw Wheaton, Miller, James, Williams, and Bryant came to play. They stick to the gameplan and they win.

25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd say the loss of Miller changed the complexion as well

• Agree Agree x 1