1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

First Trip to Heinz

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by sallyb, Oct 23, 2015.

1. sallyb

sallyb New Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Hello! I'm going to surprise my 14 year old son and get him tickets for an early Christmas present. He has been a diehard fan since he was 5. Dare I say we are from Cincinnati!!??? Don't throw anything at the computer...I root for the Steelers when they come to town!

Anyway, I have been reading lots of posts about the stadium. I was curious if anyone had an opinion if it's better to sit on the Steeler's side or the visitor's side? My son likes to see the action of the players, but I didn't know if they players would be blocked behind walls or anything if we sat on the Steeler's side.

Also, what would be a good hotel to stay at the Saturday before the game? I want it to be in a decent part of town, nothing too expensive (preferably under $100).

HERE WE GO!!!!

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Any seat inside Heinz Field is unobstructed and a good view. If you are in the upper section you may want to take binoculars but generally the big screens will show everything just as well if not better.

If you are looking for a hotel for under a $100, I would recommend the Bridgeville Exit. It's about 20 minutes from the Stadium and if you're traveling from Cincy you drive right past it anyways. A decent area with good restaurants but not over priced. Anywhere closer and the price will rise. Knights Inn is $80 a night plus taxes, Hampton is $105. There are 5 hotels to choose from but those would be your most economical. If you do stay in that area, I highly recommend the Burgh Restaurant.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    One factor regarding sides is the sun. In late season games the sun can be somewhat in your eyes on the visiting team side but if there is sun you are warmer. Steelers side can feel colder, no glare, and you can watch the behind the scene stuff. I sit on the Steelers side and love it. There are no bad seats.

And welcome to the board.

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Knight Inn in Bridgeville???

HAHAHAHA....flashback to high school drinking parties. That place was party central back in the 80s.

I would recommend shelling out the extra 20-30 a night for an upgrade though. Knights Inn is bottom of the barrell.

One exit before Bridgeville (about 5 miles) if you are coming from Cincinnati is Southpointe. If you go to the new Southpointe Town Center there are two brand new hotels that are right next to a variety of restaurants...A Montana's Steak House, Saga Hibachi Grill, Toscana Wood Grill, and All Star....which is your standard typical sports bar similar to, but not nearly as good as Burgh's. Burgh's is a good choice though. Also diagonally across street from Burgh's is a place called Sauce. Gourmet Burgers. Good stuff. Also a mile or two past Burghs two plazas away is Rumfish Grille. A large casual seafood place with an awesome outdoor bar scene, weather permitting of course.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

So, who do you root for when the Steelers aren't in town? [​IMG]

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I can second the recommendation of Burgh's Pizza and wings.

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Last time I went to a game
    We stayed at holiday inn south pointe
    It was nice and away from the crowds

We also at all star cafe and had a really good time

8. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You will have a blast! I will never forget my first regular season game in 2008 against the Browns. We stayed at Springfield Suites across from PNC and were able to walk to Heinz Field. It was slightly chilly.

• Like Like x 2