1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Scobee Be Cut?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Yes. Why haven't they yet?

92.8%
  2. No. They should give him some time.

7.2%
  1. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Seriously, how is he not off the team yet?

2. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Partially agree with both.

1. Defense played their butts off - sort of. Great with sacks and the stops on 4th down. Cockrell looked like a hero for a couple of plays until he looked lost afterwards. And, I seem to vividly recall 5 straight runs in the 4th quarter where the Ravens ripped off 10+ yards EACH TIME - that's not exactly playing your butt off. Horrible tackling throughout once the runners passed the LOS.

2. Agreed. I disagree with the call that ultimately lost us the game (4th and 1 and calling Vick on a sweep keeper) - the percentages just weren't there for that boneheaded call. If you're deciding on that or Scobee trying the kick, I'll take Scobee every time in that situation.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    exactly. we have so much tied up in kickers this year and don't have 1 good one. you would think just bringing a guy in during the preseason for camp would be a good idea. just to have someone familiar with us, oh and to keep our kicker from getting hurt making tackles in preseason. it's always been an after thought for MT and KC it seems. we had 2 punters. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Also the Tuvker might be the best kocker in the league
    Soecial Teams has always been an afterthought under Tomlin haha. Remember Josh Cribbs getting 2 return TDs in the same game?

Not his fault the punters haven't performed and Sepulveda got hurt.

Still. Special Teams has been an issue from poor coverage to poor punting and now poor kicking.

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    It sounds like Tomlin is going to be getting rid of him. Read a report that after the game Tomlin said they are going to have to turn the stones over and find ways to win games. Obviously that was part of it tonight.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I gave him a pass in week one but here is the question if you don't have a kicker that you trust why have a kicker??? Let's face it there is to much riding on a kickers leg(I think the Gayvens proved this last night) that if you can't trust him or have faith in him then he shouldn't be on your team. At this point we gave one away last night that we had to have and with a very tough schedule coming up we have to decide are we a playoff team or not.Will we be to far out of it when Ben by the time gets back, and if the answer is yes then we have to keep him but if the answer is no we need to cut ties and bring in a guy who we feel can do the job......

7. SteelersFanFromTX

SteelersFanFromTX

Jan 1, 2012
    You must have a better Tomlin decoder ring than me. I figured that quote meant he was going to ratchet up his cliches and stare even more blankly during game day.

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    He said the same thing about turning stones over right before he brought in Suckbee. I was just going off that.

9. SteelersFanFromTX

SteelersFanFromTX

Jan 1, 2012
    Just venting some frustration with our leader. Hope you're right!

10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I'm wondering the 6 votes to give Scobee some time. Why? Haven't you seen enough?

11. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Scobee barely made his first FG last night. Tucker had no trouble at all kicking the 52 yard winner! It's not just this game, he's kicked like crap since he's been here. Time to move on.

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I say give him time. Give him the 30 minute car ride to the airport.

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

The defense had their best game in press
    uring the QB, 5 sacks, they won the turnover battle with a fumble recovery and two picks, but was terrible in stopping the run, tomlins two 4th down calls was ridiculous, and only 62 yards of total offense in the second half showed how ultra conservative the offense was, they need to replace scobee but when you have a shot to win the game with your kicker you take it no matter how bad your kicker was during the game...........

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I really hope thats not what was happening last night but I cant help think it was. Tomlin thinking Im going to make Vick a hero and stick it to everyone putting him down. Why in Gods name do you lean on your back up QB to win the game, twice? Forget its Vick for a minute, its a BACK UP QB, say it along with me a BACK UP QB, who does that??? Add to it that it is Vick who is NOT GOOD and thats the results you get.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh and cut Scobee, hes so far in the weeds hes never finding his way out. Cut your losses and walk away.

16. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  17. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm usually on the side of giving struggling players time to get it together.

But not this time.

This guy is absolutely horrible.

Missing an extra point... Tomlin constantly going for 2 point conversions (and now I know why)... missing FGs that have a huge impact on the game... missing FGs that can seal the game... Coaching staff going for it on 4th downs because they know damned well the kicker will flop...

Stick a fork in him.

18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Same here, Rukus.

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Should have already been cut, missing kicks and making lame excuses. Reminding me of that laces out on Ace Ventura. He liable to start cross dressing at any time...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Even if the Steelers could not locate a single FG kicker on the entire planet then they should just have Berry try and drop kick thru the uprights each and every time. At this point, I'm confident that he would connect more than Scooby can.

21. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    You figure you could get one of these world class soccer players and teach them to kick. I can't believe I'm about to say this but I would have no problem with them drafting Stanfords kicked next year.

22. TerribleT

TerribleT Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I agree that everyone needs their job, but, he is not preforming his well. The name of the game for a kicker is to make kicks. He has missed far too many and it will cost us more games if it depends on his skills. So, I say Sorry, but yes.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Tomlin coached a great game in the first half. Then he lost his mind.
    They may tell Kolbert to get rid of scobee.

24. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Too bad this wasn't an away game. Then Scobee could have just missed his flight. He's quite good at missing.

25. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I would hate to be Scobees wife imagine all the things he misses at home. There's probably pee all over the bathroom and I wonder how many times she has screamed wrong hole.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1