1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Scobee Be Cut?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Yes. Why haven't they yet?

92.8%
  2. No. They should give him some time.

7.2%
  1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    We can pin the loss on Scobee, for sure. The Ravens kicker was making those kicks.

However, what would be the point in dropping him now? Lose another pick? Waste more time in practice getting a guy into sync?

2. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Suisham has to be secretly loving this though, he'll get his job back next season. But seriously, this is a tough one because we've invested a pick for this.

3. HoPeFuL1137

HoPeFuL1137 New Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I think they should out and atleast bring in Forbath and maybe contact an older guy like David Akers (since if his old ass still wants to kick a ball)

4. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Was the draft pick we wasted on him conditional? Maybe he had to play so much before the pick was gone? I'm just guessing (and hoping). If it was then you get him out of there now and line up some kickers to take his place.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The draft pick is gone. Doesn't matter if you cut him today or let him walk at the end of the season. He's already cost us in two games this season.No way Tomlin is going to be able to trust him going forward. Might as well just cut him and get it over with.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes! Now what was the question?
    C'mon TTF give a harder question next time!:lolol:

7. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    The most lopsided poll in message board history??

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    A bird in hand is worth two in the bush comes to mind. It's possible that whomever is out there and available is worse than what we already have.

9. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Scobee needs to be gone. This is the pro league, and I know any kicker can miss, but at this level, this many misses in this many games is just not acceptable.

10. robsong

robsong Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    This guy should have been cut two weeks ago not now. It's just to late now it cost the Steelers a win.

11. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    SteelerGlenn- Curious why you disliked the post where I said Suisham can't hit 50 yarders.

Suisham is 5/16 on 50+ for his career in 138 games.

Janikowski is 48/87 on 50+ for his career in 239 games.

Only one of those guys is even asked by his coaches to hit from 50+.

Suisham has made 90% of his FGs in 4/5 seasons with the Steelers. He has been great from 45 in.

The fact is that Tomlin should not ask him to kick from more than 45 when Ben is the QB and the Steelers have the weapons they do.

And ben does take sacks in FG range. When was the last time you saw him throw a ball away? Ever? Haha. It's just his style. It is what it is. Little excerpt from last season's loss to the Browns:

"The Steelers were in FG range only briefly though. On back-to-back plays the Browns defense were able to sack Roethlisberger... The Steelers eventually punted..."

Haha. C'mon man. You know I'm right. (Insert smiley face).

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow, yes...if ben was playing...scooby doo inadequatesies wouldve been overlooked,but there is no excuse for a guy that practice on that field every week to get out kicked bya visitor kicker.

13. SteelersFanFromTX

SteelersFanFromTX

Jan 1, 2012
    How about a call to the Bears? They have already traded Allen and Bostic. Gould is not is his contract year so they would likely decline, but it's worth a phone call. Gould is solid and would be a nice upgrade.

14. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The sad thing is I don't know how much we can trust Tomlin either. I mean last night there were just some baaaaaad coaching decisions made. If Scobee stays Tomlin's judgement will be seriously called in to question. You think the Rooney's might force his hand?

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Mac your dead on. Take the hit, Scobee needs to go. As far as Vick, it's not going to change. Ben not on crutches last night, throwing passes hopefully will be back for the Chiefs game.

16. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Kai Forbath is a free agent????? He missed one field goal in the skins second game and they cut him? Pretty decent leg. from 2012-2015 he was 60 of 69. Hell of alot better than what scobee is looking like this year??? Just a thought

17. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Agree 100%

18. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Go to his locker, throw all of his stuff in the Allegheny River, don't tell him till his stuff is passing through Sewickley. Throw his ass in the river and tell him follow his stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I can't imagine there is anyone who bleeds black & gold that wants this waste on the roster another second.

20. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Time to move on, there has to be some other cut camp kicker that's foaming at the mouth to play for us. Yes I know the 49 yarder is a difficult kick.... but he's missed too many kicks through week 3 already. All confidence is lost, and that's critical for kickers.

21. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The point would be he is not on the team and can't miss any more kicks in a steelers jersey. The pick is already gone and with his performance it has already been wasted. Wait until the weather turns and his percentage drops from 60% to 40%. How would you feel if we are in NE for the AFC championship game down by 2 with Scobee lining up for a 50 yard field goal?. I know I would probably just turn the TV off and be miserable about losing.

22. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I can't understand why we even got him. Should have gone after Nick Novak, he was out there for awhile......

23. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    In 2011 Suisham hit only 74% of his FGs. The Steelers did not cut him. The next 3 years he hit over 90%.

Stop crying. 49 yard FGs are hard to make. That's basically 50/50. The 41 yarder should have been made.

Scobee did screw up and it did cost the game. **** happens.

There aren't a lot of options at this point.

I'm going to use the responses here the next time I get criticized for tempering the opinions on Bell, Ben, Gilbert whomever. As soon as the kicker screws up you want him off the team haha. Not very loyal. So... certain players can not be criticized while others should be fired after 4 games. Got it.

Steelers are 2-2. Take a breath.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    No reason to keep him on ,,,I'd be willing to bet Berry could actually do a better job

25. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    we are paying him 2.5 milion for this bum plus the 6th rd pick ..good job f.o.