1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Key factor to beat BAL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Give Vick time to throw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Solid, established running game by the Steelers

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Vick being able to throw to an open A Brown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Special teams splash play

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pressure Flacco, force him into mistakes

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Stop the run early

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Create turnovers, win turnover battle

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  8. Our DBs not giving up the big play (includes no PI on long throws)

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  9. Vick being able to avoid mistakes, just that simple

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  10. Other

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Only one answer, the MOST important factor to beat BAL.

* If you picked other, please elaborate

2. BowlsOfSteel

BowlsOfSteel Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Other: I don't think in this game a certain point will decide the game. We need a full team effort to win this. This includes all of the choices in a weaker way. Vick can throw an interception, if the defense is able to create a turnover themself. This is easier with pressuring Flacco. Give Vick time to throw can be improved by a decent running game and hit them with a play-action.
    Overall I think if everybody plays to their potential, we will get that W.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    There are many things that need to come together. I picked pressure Flacco as #1, but it's close among that and several other factors.

4. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    The Ravens are a 0-3 team, on the road, on a short week. Just don't give them the game.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i picked vick being able to avoid mistakes. we can't give them short fields and gimme scores.:cool:

6. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The key imo is Bell. I think they should rely heavily on Bell. Not just the run game, but passes in the flat. Vick should be looking for his primary target, and if he's not open you go to Bell in the flat. I think he could be huge for us these next games playing that way. We need Vick to stay healthy so I definitely do not want him going through all of his progressions and taking a chance of him getting blindsided. I have no problem with him moving outside of the pocket (something I think he'll being doing a lot of) but I don't want to see him taking off downfield much. Leave that to Bell. I also think you look to Heath often as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I picked TO's. If we can make them drive entire fields and have an opportunity or two for a short field I think we win. I expect a good game from Vick. He has to be tired of everyone counting him out and he sucks etc. I think he will be fine as long as he doesn't take too long to make decisions. The Ravens are 0-3 for a reason. Yes they have played good competition but also have found a way to lose games whether it be a penalty that kills a drive a bad turnover etc. Just need to make sure there are no typical Flacco 50 yd. PI plays tonight...

Turnovers if we are on the plus side of that I think we win.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I voted other. Neutralize Steve Smith and the Ravens screen game. Punch Flacco in the mouth early and often. Disrupt his timing and things should be easier. I expect a sack or two tonight.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I chose a solid, established running game by the Steelers. Run the wheels off Le'Veon and DeAngelo.

I'm worried about Flacco and his lob balls, though. I hope our defense can get to him and knock him on his ass.

10. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Establish the run game for sure. Dominate the LOS and dominate time of possession. Love to see both backs over 100 like in Carolina last season.

11. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Unfortunately, I am forced often to watch the Raisins here in Maryland. Therefore, to beat them Flacco must be pressured. He always fakes the hand-off and rolls to his left. I want someone to hit him a few times when he does and he will throw picks.

12. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Steve Smith is their whole offense. Can anyone cover him? Shut him down and we win if we can score 20 points.

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would of picked the no PI penalties but after the atrocious call against Blake last week I'm afraid anything goes.....I'm still heated over that these refs are ridiculous. I think tackling will be the biggest key. J.Jones better get his head out of his *** I still can't believe some of the tackles he missed,the RB didn't even see him coming and he still missed it. I know we sometimes say things tongue in cheek but I know I coulda made a couple he missed......no excuse for it.

14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    We got 20 points, we shut down Smith and we should have won. I did not figure Scoobie Doom missing 2 FG`s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Or AB dropping a touchdown. Or Tomlin throwing it on 4th and short twice