1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sign Tebow!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by santeesteel, Sep 5, 2015.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    A southpaw QB who has moments of brilliance. Mostly over/under throws his receivers. Can run pretty well.

At least he's younger than Vick. Otherwise, it's about the same

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I wouldn't be against it. Can he play TE? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I really wish the Tebow infatuation would finally come to an end. There's a reason he keeps getting cut, he sucks.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    The boy's lousy at playing the so called wildcat lol, he can't read the defense or the field. It wouldn't surprise me if Tomlin would bring him in to help tutor Vick on his morals. :lolol:

5. grayghost668

grayghost668 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    we don't need Tebow,and I don't want Vick period

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    That is my sentiment as well. I just don't think he's an NFL qb but I think he's a great guy though. It's nothing personal. Just business. Hopefully he's praying for us this year because we probably are gonna need all the help we can get. LOL.

8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I don't know if it's it true or not , but i read where a kicker beat Tebow out for the # 3 QB

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The Eagles cut Tebow and are now posturing to try and sign Ponder.(rumor mill talk) Cause you know, that makes sense.

Tebow is a hell of an athlete but isn't an NFL QB by today's standards. He should've bit the bullet and just tried for any roster spot. He'd still be in the league and probably be doing pretty decent in the stat category

10. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011

Sometimes the pride just gets in the way!

11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Chip Kelly said he was cut because he wasn't good enough to be a 3rd string QB. That says it all.

12. turkeysniper

turkeysniper Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    The same Chip Kelly that gave away Brandon Boykin?

• Like Like x 1
  13. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Maybe if he came in as a TE, did very well, gave us a reason to not draft another TE next year, I would be all for it.

14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Unfortunately for him he's flat out refused to do any such thing. If he would have swallowed a bit a pride he might have had a good career as an HB or TE, but he's wasted 5-6 years acting like an infant.

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    We could hire him on staff to be the team Chaplain......tongue in cheek......

16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Wait a minute. I thought you were in charge of praying for us because you have a direct connection with the man. So if we don't win it all this year it is probably because you messed up with the praying part. LOL

17. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Tebow is intriguing to me.. Not as a signee. Wouldn't want him lol. But just his thought process. I kind of admire his will that he believes he's an NFL QB and that's it. We're all usually taught to believe in our dreams growing up. And he did what most of us don't get the chance to do, and that's get a chance to prove what he could do.. But how many times do you have to get cut to realize that you're just not meant to be a quarterback in the NFL? But man he has had the chance to play as a TE and probably would have made a roster in that position. How can you turn down an opportunity to play in the NFL like that? Heck I'd volunteer to be the dang ball if I had the chance (obviously jk) but still I'd give anything to have that chance.. And he just shrugs it off like he's the next Tom Brady and these teams who cut him just don't see it. Sorry but he deserves what he gets now. His pride was the death of him.

18. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    or the wrong snake
    or the wrong tongue
    or the wrong incense
    holy smokes it's endless
    and BFT carries the burden for us all

he ain't heavy he's our Steelers brother

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! I'll tell you something hilarious. A couple of years ago when I was going to the MNF game in Cincy I told the church I was pastoring that I was gonna be out of town on Monday to go see the Steelers and then I was like "pray more for them than you do for me!" LOL! The people must not have had a good connection at the time because that's the game where we had like negative 2yds at one point or something!

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    We already had a QB who wasn't a QB. "Slash" probably could have been a good receiver but, like Tebow, was convinced that he was a quarterback.
    I wasn't serious about signing Tebow, just pointing out the similarities between him and the dog killer.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Where does this idea that Tebow can play TE come from?

22. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Exactly! Has anyone ever seen Tebow run routes, catch pases, or block D ends? Great athlete in college and seems like a nice guy, but a lot of reaching going on in this thread...

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Size and speed mostly. He's a fig-gin horse.

24. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    To be fair, he's proven to be a decent NFL athlete. He just cannot play QB. Maybe it's running back. Maybe it's TE, there's gotta be something because he does have talent for something. We will never know though.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  25. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Bringing in Tebow would bring us a lot of media attention but it would not make our football team better.

I know Tebow has a lot of fans dating back to his college years, but the guy just isn't NFL material. He's not the only high profile/Heisman winner who couldn't cut it. Tebow would be lucky to make it in the CFL as a QB.

No thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1