1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Can the Steelers please..........

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jack LHambert, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Just cut Landry Jones now! Not an NFL QB and more importantly, not right for our system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't have the same vitriol against Landry as some here, but I've been thinking about last night.

1. He's playing like a 3rd string QB. Last year, he was playing like a 3rd string punter put in at QB. There's been improvement, and there must be a reason why Boyd et al. aren't getting a look in. Which leads me to think...

2. I do find it interesting that he is getting so much playing time. The other year, Jonathan Dwyer played nearly all the snaps at RB. Then they put him on the trade block. Might - and it's a big stretch - might this be the plan with Landry?

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They are giving Landry a good look, they should now have specific areas to have him look at tape and areas to work on. As a few people have said he seems more like a 3rd string QB now than he did last year. So if the game has slowed down for him now is the time to start working on his mechanics and play reading. I think he still looks uncomfortable under center and more at ease in shotgun. His play fakes aren't fooling anyone because it just looks labored. I think he will continue to see work just so Colbert and Tomlin can evaluate him and see if they walk away from him after his rookie deal is done.

4. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I'm thinking we need a new QB Coach too. :)

5. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Anyone know how bad Bruce's shoulder is? Maybe they are giving Jones more playing time because he might be the #2? Just a guess. But can you imagine that? Ben gets hurt and Jones has to come in. We are toast then.

6. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    toast isn't so bad if it is served with popcorn and jellybeans
    [​IMG]

we should be 10-0 by thanksgiving

• Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Landry looks better than he did the previous preseasons, that's not saying much his receivers have dropped a lot of passes too.

8. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    maybe it is his passes

you're the only Tennessee
    if I give you a ball can you handle it

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    He says he's returning to practice today...

10. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    DON'T BRING ME DOWN

BRUCE!!!!!!!

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    what the heck is your avatar picture?!?!

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I believe they are rainbows with pots of gold at the end. :hmm:

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    sure hope so... :huh:

14. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Okay. So you've got two rainbows ending in twin pots of gold. On a piece of wood. One is see through, the other gold. I feel like I'm looking at the underside of a Mickey's bottlecap.

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

He had a good game friday, 200 yards 1 TD and no picks, phillips dropped a sure TD pass or he would have had 2 TDs and a game win, playing with rookies how in the hell do you expect LJ to have a better game, put ben behind a back up Oline and see how he does with rookie receivers, you all cant give LJ any credit for anything he does, at least the coaches can see his progress even though you all are blind....

16. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben's been playing behind a backup line for the last seven or eight years and doing great. Landry just plain sucks and wouldn't even cut it as an arena football quarterback. I will admit that he looks like he progressed from an "F" grade to a "D-", but not a viable back-up.

17. Diamond

May 26, 2012

Thats your opinion, LJ will still be here after camp so you might as well get off your hate LJ campaign............

18. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Unfortunately!

19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Well to be fair, Ben is likely a future hall of famer and Landry is your run of the mill NFL third stringer fighting for his job... Not exactly a fair comparison. That's why Ben makes a ton if money and is wearing some nice jewelry, and Landry holds his play book.

All third string QB's pretty much suck. If they didn't, they would be back ups or starters. There won't be any guys that get cut that will be "upgrades" to the 3QB spot. No matter how hard we try we can't make Landry go away. He is a viable 3rd string QB. He is our 3rd string QB. Let's just hope he never sees a down.

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yea we got a little spoiled here with two former starters in the nfl as backups. most teams don't have it that good. :cool:

21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I think they are suppose to represent something else other than pots of gold lol

22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't know I watched a lot of third string guys look a lot better than Landry Jones this preseason and last.....

23. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    I haven't seen any that did any better, name for me some of those 3rd stringers so I can compare their stats against LJs.....

24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Colt McCoy for one.

At the end of the day, if it gets to the third string QB, you're not expecting to win the game. It would be nice to see him at least challenging for the back-up role. This is the year he should be showing those skills and a lot aren't seeing it.

25. Diamond

May 26, 2012

McCoy just signed his 2015 contract with the skins for 1.5 million, just how do you expect to get him here??? Colt is the number 2 backup and Kirk Cousins is the skins 3....